[episode one] the great escape

Roleplay that occurs inside the setting of Shattered Universe.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

[episode one] the great escape

Post by Lone_badass » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Streetlights zoomed by the large prison transport on the open vice road. the silence only interrupted by the occasional bump in the road causing the chains of the occupants to rattle almost drowning out the obnoxious droning of the on board speakers giving a pre-recorded speech about why crime doesn't pay....almost. the occupants on-board either arrested due to being caught in the middle of their vices or hardened criminals one of which sits in the back sandwiched between a demon and a half elf. the man in question sports a worn armband with a crow perched on a logo that once legible stated global robotics. in his chest there seemed to still be two spikes from a rail weapon lodged in his rib cage however he still seemed to breath and function with no issue. tapping his foot he looks down at his watch before noticing two vehicles driving tandem behind the bus. looking to the two he sits between he asked lowly "hypothetically if you were given a second chance at life would you seize it or let it slip by?" he asked to the two of them.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [episode one] the great escape

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Well, this was her luck, she had gone off to a generally quiet and secluded area on her own and away from prying eyes. She wasn't aware that this new area- since the Yazata female liked to move around a lot to hide this odd habit of hers- she had no clue it was known for a different gang that had just caused trouble. Just as she was about to- well for her- get her fix in she found herself surrounded with her bag of unusual gear and then in a set of cuffs on her wrists but also her wings. That was a cheap move as she glared at them while she had been forced into the transport truck. She was quiet and looked away as she tried to figure out an escape when a voice made her look. Rowen hadn't even noticed the other two as she had been in here for what felt like forever. The demons ocean blue eyes watched him quietly while listening, "What's the price? Nothing comes for free..." She said rather simply, her tone calm and relaxed.
Helios
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Helios » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:43 pm

As the conversation caught his ear Huojin looked over to his bench mates, noting the impaled convict first with a raised eyebrow then acknowledgeding the yazatan beside him with a nod before relaxing back into his seat and folding one leg over the other. "The hypothetical price doesn't really matter does it miss?" He asked rhetorically bringing a hand up to his temple and pushing some of his long hair behind his ear, his fingers gracing a nasty scar as he did so. "Looking at where we're all going it's a new life or eternal damnation, something I'm sure you know about" he commented as slight suspicion grew in him, the man between them didn't seem like he needed friends so unless he had a plan of escape Huojin couldn't think why he would talk to them, hedging his bets he looked up to the global robotics associate and smiled knowingly in hopes he was right "IF I had an opportunity for a second life I would take it" having already received a second chance in his life taking a third didn't seem all too difficult or off putting.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:59 pm

"I personally don't want to sign my life away to another prison," she told him rather simply but he had a good point. She probably wouldn't escape and it would make her all the more uncomfortable and oh how her father was going to be ticked off if he heard her getting arrested- and she for once didn't do anything. Her eyes looked over at the man, "Well, damnation is rather fun but we have a policy of not just arresting everyone who looks shady." she said with a little bit of sass. She struggled with her wings again, hating that they were bound so tightly before sighing, "Ok, he has a point but I still want to know what the catch is after...I'd like to get back to my life as soon as possible." she said a bit simply, she wanted her bag that they had locked up above them just so that she could keep the contents personal.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 pm

The man looked twords the woman who asked the price. "Possible work for someone of your talents." He said in a low but oddly happy tone before hearing the elf's response next to him causing him to darkly chuckle "Good good, then shall we seize the moment?" As he asked this the lights of the two cars drive in tandem to the bus one car on either side an audible click on each of his bench mates cuffs unlocking. if checked the blackish goop from his wounds retreat from the locks on their cuffs "The two of you have vices that a local crime family I'm with can help with but also could use your talents and for helping you out of here your cooperation would be the price." by this point the guards near the front of the bus sound slightly panicked as a clank sound echo's off the top and bottom of the transport. standing up from the bench he turns to face the two of them "oh by the way you should hold onto something
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Her eyes would narrow on him at the mention of a vice but she said nothing now as she didn't want them to speak any more of it. When the cuffs came undone though she felt a little bit more inclined to work with this weirdo, 'Sure...whatever, I need my bag at least after this." she told him as she pointed up, "And I don't need help." she snapped at him as she reached and grabbed hold of something and with one quick kick she kicked the small door would open and a heavy duffel bag would fall with a thud, her feet gripping it tightly, "I hope you have a good plan that will also get these off of my wings robo man." The demon girl said as she held on tightly and brace herself.
Helios
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Helios » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:51 am

"That sounds like a reasonable price to pay" huojin stated shaking off his cuffs and throwing them to the floor of the bus triumphantly. Looking up to the man who claimed to represent the crime family, even though he warned them to take care he seemed to stand resolutely in the middle of the bus and look down at them, nonetheless the half elf guessed they were in for a rough ride and decided to grip the bottom of his bench with one hand and whatever was infront of where he sat, bracing for whatever came from the two vehicles flanking their bus. "I hope you've got more of a plan other than crashing the bus and running" he remarked through gritted teeth, conscious of how nervous the guards were.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am

As the two braced themselves, they would hear the man say "haven't thought that far ahea-" the man was cut off by a explosion on the room of the transport, apparently damaging something important as the Yazata female wing restraints un-clicked and fell off before the explosion on the bottom of the transport enveloped the man standing in the center of the bus before causing the transport to tip over and roll a few times before coming to a abrupt stop as the nose of it collided threw the side wall of a nearby clothing store

the sounds of distant sirens echo'ed in the distance the man that had helped free then lay on the bus side windowpanes in a heap of shredded clothes and senue and bone as that blackish goop from before withdrew from the walls and area of the explosion retreating back to the man as he began rapidly healing synthetic flesh forming as bones cracked and snapped back into place. within minutes while the other prisoners would come too his chest would heave as he rose up "oh hey your still alive, good your better useful alive then dead.....oh perfect a clothing store i need a new jacket." he said as he climbed out of the nose of the wreck grabbing the long gun of one of the now dead transport guards.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:25 am

"You haven't?!" she said right before her ears started to ring at the explosion. she held onto her bag rather tightly as she curled into herself when she felt the transport tip and start to roll, "Seven hells!" she yelled out as she was white knuckle gripping the bars as she kept her head down as glass shattered around them and then clothes. She felt disoriented and her head was pounding now as she felt a little bit of wetness running down the side of her face, she would say ow but honestly, it didn't hurt that much.

When she got her bearings back, she would shake it off before looking at the elf, "You ok there?" she asked him before looking at- what she was going to call- the robo man, "You...nevermind, lets get out of here." she groaned out as she picked up her bag and slung the heavy duffel over her shoulder as she followed the path out, not even bothering to look at the fallen guards. Not her problem, if they had listened to her well they still might have died but least she would be home and not having to owe some debt to a random weirdo. When she got out, she would reach into her bag and pull out a customized sniper rifle, her hands checking it over, "Oh good you're ok." she said softly as she slung the strap over her shoulder, "Hey elf, need a gun?" she asked him as she pointed down to the holster that was on the guards hip. She was at least trying to be friendly to them since it seemed they were working together.
Helios
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Helios » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:04 am

Huojin looked up to the robotice man with a smile and rolled his eyes assuming he was begging to joke and then the explosion went off mid sentence and the poor half elf understood what being in a washing machine was like, rocketing up toward the roof and narrowly avoiding a broken neck thanks to his grip on the bench, as the transport came to a standstill he hissed through his injuries, pushing a dislocated thumb back into place with a groan.

As he climbed to his feet he held the now back in place thumb up to the yazatan woman weakly "I'll live" he said pessimistically as he followed theit supposed savior, stopping by the gaurd and picking up his pistol as suggested "thanks for the heads up" he replied tucking the gun into his waistband and climbing out of the front of their transport and toward the clothes shop
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:27 pm

As each prisoner got off the bus making a run for it in all directions the computer on the but and its loudspeaker still functioning read off each persons crimes before asking civilians to stay in doors. When the robo man got off the bus threw the shattered windshield it said in its calm voice for anyone in the area to hear.
"Prisoner Name: Headhunter, Reason for incarceration assault battery destruction of private property, destruction of public property, war crimes, acts of terrorism, responsible for hawking embassy bombing, murder of foren and domestic government officials, escape from incarceration facility if you see this bio droid please contact authority's as soon as possible."

pulling a synthetic leather jacket off the clothing rack he waits for the two others to join him before continuing "so heres the thing the pick up point is in old town so we have a few options on how to get there but ill let you two dicide as this will most likly be your two's trail by fire but the options are cut threw the sewer area, navigate our way threw those tunnles and sludge and hope we dont run into scavengers down there. option two take our chances on foot heading threw the city streets till we get there avoiding patrols or option 3 take to the rooftops and make our way over there and avoid seach aircraft or sharpshooters"
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Rowen would give a little nod to him as she loaded up her custom rifle, "No problem, you want the middle? I'm better from a distance." She told the Elf simply as she held the sniper rifle up for him to see- it was all black save for a bloody rose embellished in the butt of the gun.

"I'd rather deal with scavengers, they normally aren't too hard to get rid of. Military patrols when you are not ready for them are." She stated rather simply, shaking off the rather rocky events and being knocked around the bus like a ragdoll.

When she did hear the name of the robo man her brow raised and then she shrugged some, "Also, names Rowen. We make it out alive I'll gladly dish out last name and braid hair and whatnot." She told them as she loaded a round into the chamber, looking over her new unfortunate friends while mentally scoffing at her getting help. She was fine and would stick to her guns on that one.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Was it hate, resentment, fear but at the scavengers option of attacking them if it came to it he shook his head. "just try not to kill them if you can help it."grabbing the jacket off the rack and ditching his now tattered one a small locket old looking in nature and having a rather old coin stamped over the locket. bending down he paused before muttering "Mabie one day Maria." before putting it back on "R-right well lets get out of here wouldnt want this break to be worth not....Rowen, thats a nice name, whats say you elf you willin to give the sewers a try?"
Helios
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Helios » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:44 am

The half-elf shrugged on a haori jacket to cover the clothes that the police no doubt had a description, turning to look for a pair of running shoes he nodded. "Sewers is fine, scavangers won't have the guns the cops do an' I don't love the odds of escapin every patrol lookin for us" he agreed as he slipped on a new pair of shoes and looked back to the new companions he acquired, feeling a little underdressed when looking to the gun 'headhunter' held then down the barrel of rowen's rifle.

"Sure, I'll take the middle. . . The names Liu for now, you can have my given name and stuff if we make it to home base" standing back up he looked to their saviour with a raised eyebrow as he pulled the haori round himself. "You gonna lead the way for us big guy? This ain't my part of town" hoping the two of them were more experienced than he was in less than legal pursuits seeing as he barely even knew how to shoot the pistol he'd picked up.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 am

“I won’t shoot them as long as they leave us the hell alone,” she told him simply. The demoness didn’t bother with pulling on anything else since she would have to modify it for her wings and that was a hassle in a half. She did catch him whispering something but didn’t say much on it as she gave a shrug about her name, “Thanks.” she said a bit simply to it- now was not really the best time to get chummy.

Hearing the basic agreement over the sewers she would nod as she slung the gun over her other shoulder as she adjusted her duffle bag, “Liu… hmm works for me.” she said with a little shrug and nod, “Yea, you may want to lead…I’m not generally lurking above ground in these parts.” she explained as she dug through her bag and pulled out a pair of combat knives and handed one to Liu and strapped the other to her leather-clad thigh. She didn’t say much about having a personal arsenal on her, “Don’t ask questions and I am assuming you big guy, have your own stash of weapons at your disposal.” Rowen told him as she took up position behind the elf.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:29 am

"Right. theres a manhole out back we should be able to head threw there." as he hurried out back with the other two a man in tactical gear a custom mask and a really large sniper rifleresting with its buttstalk on the cover of there escape plan his other hand holding a expensive looking stun pistol and on his back a old sword. "heeey hammer, look can we do this some other time in any other moment id fight you but like i got two birds here...small timers im trying to get out of the pigs sight." the man dosnt seem to budge at first but steps aside "Rowen Mortis, Huojin.....*growls* fine Get im not doing this for you hunter i just dont like seeing small time bounty hunters jailed now get before i change my mind." hunter chuckles "whatever you say old buddy.

moving the manhole cover Headhunter motioned for the other two to fallow as "hammer got on his bike and sped off as the cops began closing in on the bus the sounds of stun guns pulsing as some prisoners are already being rounded back up."