[The Deep] With Strange Aeons

Roleplay that occurs inside the setting of Shattered Universe.
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

[The Deep] With Strange Aeons

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:11 pm

”Among all fascinations is the method in which we decide how the world functions.
As you stand upon your dirt you must realize the truth of passing sun.
An hour cannot decide a day, nor a day for its week.
You see an inch and try to presume a mile.
Can you explore the ocean in a puddle?
Does the secret of your mountains remain only in their peaks?
You think too small because you cannot look further.
You lay in your cradle and, looking at your mobile, declare it the stars.
Where are you?
Where are you?
Where are you?”
Even as the IC Aphelion shot through the warp of space, the signal blared to its crowd. It was the inspiration for far more than some believed it held credit to. Endless hours of theories and videos dissecting its possible influences and the history of similar events filled media sites on the holo-net of every kind. From the Alliance to Kowloon systems, if someone enjoyed a mystery, then they had heard of the signal.

The IC Aphelion was a transport ship, though what it transported was obviously something that changed frequently. It’s three floors in its primary pod mainly consisting of easily recognizable compartments that could shift and change to accommodate any good deal of cargo. The cargo of the day was, due to the hunt for the signal, a number of people. Barracks were neatly collected near the front of the ship, along with the showers and toiletries. The chow hall sat near the middle, and their gear lockers sat against the large cargo bay that boasted a large, heavy ramp that was held in place by numerous clamps and mechanical arms.

The engines jutted out the back on two sides, causing the overall shape of the ship to mimic some bottom-heavy ‘V’, with an even more lopsided side view. The ship was sparse on windows, instead using cameras paired with shifting screens on the inside of the hull to allow for its inhabitants to look outside when they felt the need. They were still in the shifting winds of space, little else but fading stars in sight, their destination a good distance away still.

The crew of the ship was small and mostly kept to themselves. As it stood, they were being paid by the pilot to operate the largely custom ship, which otherwise lacked a more permanent crew during such expeditions. The captain of the ship was an odd human woman, standing no more than 5’5 with a fit frame, light brown skin, and purely mechanical, advanced cybernetic legs that connected to flesh just above her knees. Her skin, of what was visible, seemed to be heavily adorned and patterned with far too many neat and proper surgery scars.

She stood in the cargo bay, looking at a slurry of digital information on a thin tablet fastened to the wall. The radio signal played idly in the background as it changed from odd metaphors and ramblings of uncertain topics to music, that seemed to be an odd mixture of randomly generated and pulled from ancient radio waves of the past. Her clothes were warm, durable, a dark base with bright color that flashed in darkness. “Planetfall in twenty.” She called out, her voice amplified from her suit to ring through the ship.

“Planet is a long string of scientific nonsense on the maps, so we’re calling it Aker. Heavy rainfall on roughly seventy-percent of the surface in our scans, with an ambient temperature sitting at about negative-five degrees celsius” They had shot a probe near their landing sight to get a good idea of what they were running into as soon as they had a decent shot several hours ago. “Planet’s going to be dark, rocky, but there’s definitely some artificial structures.” The scans couldn’t tell her much about them, but scanning buildings wasn’t what they were designed to do.

The image that stared back at her was slanted up at the grim sky of the planet. A thick smothering sheet of rainclouds blocked out the horizon, keeping stars a distant memory from the dark red grass that covered the dirt and rocks around the probes impact site. Though the plants seemed to be greedy in their drinking, the lack of plantlife around the small impact crater had already half-submerged the probe in the scarce hours of runoff it had been down there.

“Assemble in cargo bay when ready, final gear check approaching, and let’s go ahead and get introductions out the way.” For a majority of the crew, they had not been picked up at the same time or place. The ship had practically played hopscotch across borders and planets to find its crew, and the briefs and gear checks of those who natively worked the vessel had done more than their part in keeping the team from saying much to each other. “I’m your Captain, you can just call me Chance.”

Part of the boarding procedure in getting everyone up to speed was not only running them through what the NovaLine signal was and why people wanted it dug out, but to equip them with anything they would have been lacking. A radio set, for example, was handed out to everyone, all tuned to one another in private channels as well as a group function, and then a team function that included everyone present. Provisions and food were provided as well.

Prying her eyes from the shuttered camera image from the probe, she turned to the staging area of her cargo bay, amber eyes staring out from surgical scarred eyelids.

@Ahoy
@ArsenicJohn
@LittleWasp
@CadetNewb
@Kim
@Lone_Badass
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
LittleWasp
Landsman
Landsman

Re: [The Deep] With Strange Aeons

Post by LittleWasp » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:29 pm

It was mere minutes after the captain's announcement that a slender figure strode into the cargo bay shrouded in a long, black cloak that extended down to the ankles with a red stripe running horizontally across it at shoulder-level. The delicate, yet powerfully muscled creature was a member of the I'ee family called Thi-Thi: A female warrior with a body that was uniquely humanoid among her insectoid species to the point where one could be forgiven for mistaking her as a different species altogether. Her features were distinctly wasp-like, with an abdomen that protruded out of a split in the rear of her cloak, protected by a layer of light-weight plate mail. Her face was completely inhuman, with serrated mandibles, antennae and large compound eyes. Her body, fittingly enough, had a pronounced wasp-waist, adding a fair amount of emphasis to her hips and muscular thighs of which the occasional glimpse was afforded as her cloak flowed with her movements.

Besides her cloak, gleaming with a waxy, water-proof coat, she wore little-to-no clothing. A belt was worn around her waist, carrying a thin blade reminiscent of a rapier on her right and a holster carrying a side-arm on her left. A bandolier was slung over her left shoulder, passing over her... 'effeminate' chest, laden with her radio and other essential materials for their planetside excursions. She also wore an odd, wide-brimmed hat of firm material whose brim was shaped to provide room for her antennae, its purpose seemingly to keep the rain off of her eyes more than anything else.

She found a place to stand in the staging area and stood in silence, completely still with her right hand resting on the hilt of her blade and her left grasping the hem of her cloak. Her lower pair of smaller arms were folded. There she waited, her yellow and black exoskeleton gleaming in the light.
Last edited by LittleWasp on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Explosions shook the ship as alarms wailed, and in an instant later, boarding craft bored through its hull, pirates streaming in before the smoke even cleared. Through the chaos, their leader strode in from the darkness, the choking clouds moving aside to make way for her majesty. Scantily clad in contempt of danger, a sword and pistol by her side, the Space Pirate Queen laughed as the passengers all burned. Only, it was not meant to be. The tall, muscular woman lay sleeping in her little corner of the ship, sweetly dreaming of all the nasty things she'd do to ships and passengers, looting their booty and all sorts of other acts of delightful debauchery. But in truth, the busty blonde looked like she had seen better days. Eyes dark and baggy as she snored, her neck length hair was a rumpled mess, and on top of that, she was clad in a dirty tracksuit rather than her usual scandalously regal attire. One had to wonder just what happened to the Space Pirate Queen. In truth though?

They only had to wait.

"PAPERS PLEASE!" she woke up screaming. Chest heaving, eyes darting back and forward in a panic, Ylfa let out a sigh as she realized where she was, cupping her face in her hands. "Right. I'm on vacation. No more paperwork," Ylfa muttered to herself. Eyeballing the activity, she soon got up as she realized they were departing. Tossing on a backpack, she looked like a casual hiker, nevermind the old-school slug thrower and cutlass on her hips. Looking around at the rest of the crowd that gathered, her eyes widened in surprise. "Holy shit, a bug with tits!" Already, her vacation was off to a great start. "You're one of those Thi-Thi right? The super-battle warrior types? Is your carapace armored?" Scooting closer, eyes wide and voice low with seriousness, she added, "Can I touch 'em?"
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:47 pm

In one of the many bunks of the ship barrics a older man sit on the edge talking to a red demon girl over his wrist pda he talked in a raspy voice muffled slightly from a gas mask seemingly affixed to his lower face. His other arm gleamed in the rooms lighting as his arm was entirely mechanical with scars leading from the robotic appendage to his shoulder. He carries himself like a old vet his hair cleanly shaven his boots shined and his old laser rifle kept in working order.

As he looked up as the captain gave his announcement he gave a raspy sigh, "Okay kiddo I gotta go I'll take pictures if I can, tell your dad I said hi." The peppy response on the other end returned his statement with "Okay Sam be careful out there." Hanging up he fastens his bandoleer and strapped his rifle to his back checking his utility pouch before putting on his vest and making his way to the staging area.

Upon seeing the bug like creature he chuckled "Well hey there little fella, your quite a interesting creature." he said threw his mask.
ArsenicJohn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ArsenicJohn » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:46 pm

In a corner of the cargo bay stood a tall tortoise Jongwu. Its bald head was covered in green-scaled skin and the top had two small horn-like protuberances. It had two small holes on the side of its head for ears, close-set grey eyes, two small holes for a nose, and a very human mouth. It wore a black shirt that read "Xiao Occult Investigations" in big white Taianese characters, an unzipped yellow waterproof hoodie, waterproof jeans, and heavy brown boots, all of it insulated.

The tortoise person pulled out a smartphone and started recording itself. "This is OcculTurtle bringing you a quick update on the NovaLine. I'm talking to you from the IC Aphelion. As you know we're heading out, looking for the source of the signal. Well, you won't believe what just happened, Turtlesquad. IT SPOKE TO US DIRECTLY. I shit you not people. And it said something that almost made me think twice about this expedition. It said, "I found you." Anyway, Captain Chance says we're heading out soon. I'll keep you updated. Remember to like and subscribe guys!" It said in a deep, masculine voice. It tapped a button on the screen and slid the device back into its jacket.

Turning to the others he stepped to the front of the group. "Might as well introduce myself. If you follow the NovaLine you might know me from my channel, OcculTurtle. My name is Claude Xiao, I'm a male tortoise Jongwu." He said, waving. "I'm also a paranormal/occult investigator so I'm used to seeing weird shit. I've studied the tatya hini, what little they would teach me, and I know a bit about the Yazata and Angels."

Claude walked back to the group and stood beside the humanoid wasp. He looked at the girl who seemed fascinated with insect breasts disapprovingly. Such behavior in public was highly inappropriate.
Characters

Corgan Garret - OGRE Alliance Marshal

Muk Skullcrusha - Atraxian Mech Pilot

Brigid "Peitho" Lilfaris - Yazata Tai Pan Auxiliary Soldier

Claude Xiao - Jongwu SpaceTuber/Occult Investigator
Kim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:09 pm

Hope's heels clicked cheerfully across the metal deck plate as she made her way to the cargo bay. She whistled happily as three round matte black drones floated around her. Her sapphire eyes glittered and her thick, dark brown hair was glossy and soft in the dim light. "Hello everyone!" She called out as she approached the group, her radio clipped to a sturdy belt on her hip. She wore Interstellar Alliance Marine Surplus pants with tastefully heeled black combat boots with a clean white long sleeve shirt under a sturdy dark brown vest. She beamed at Claude and the Wasp as she waves off her camera drones to not get into anyone's face. A flesh colored ear piece was nestled in her right ear obvious with her hair tucked back behind the slightly pointed ear.

"How is everyone doing today? Isn't this exciting?" She rocked on her heels, still smiling as she lined up with the others.
I also write webcomics~
Author of Image
Co-Author of Image & Image
Ahoy
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Ahoy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:06 am

Coming from somewhere in the ship, a small ambiguous figure, known as Marble, comes forth into the cargo bay. Marble has the slim physique of a young child, akin to a skinny 12 year old. A clear white attire adorns Marble. A plastic-looking hooded-poncho covers Marble from head to knees. A solid white-face, showing no features (no eye-slots, mouthpiece, etc), is worn by Marble, both smooth and spotless of any dirt. The only differentiating colour from white is a bright red-cross on Marble’s right chest and left arm. Lastly, Marble had white boots, gloves, and pants. Besides from Marble is a large floating white spherical object providing company, likely a drone. A white backpack, fitting for the size of Marble, is seen on the back of Marble, square in shape. A big red-cross is imprinted on the front-side of the backpack.

Marble mainly keeps to itself, occasionally looking at Diadottr and Thi-Thi from time to time. Marble hums a tone, a high-pitched voice but bordering no-where near either female or male. Who knows.
LittleWasp
Landsman
Landsman

Post by LittleWasp » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:40 am

The I'ee remained as still as a statue as the pirate lady scooted up to her, excited like a child. Almost as still as a statue. Her head turned ever so slightly and tilted to peer down at the human, listening to her rapid fire questions, then answering each of them in a cool voice; feminine, yet deep and commanding. "Yes, I am," she spoke. "Yes. Yes. Yes, it is." That final question drew a long pause from the Thi-Thi warrior.

"...No," Gut-Stripe finally answered, her tone unchanged.

The subsequent approach of Sam drew the I'ee's attention away from Ylfa, turning her head to gaze with the same impassiveness (though that was probably because her face was inhuman and almost inexpressive). "Human," she replied, her tone indicating acknowledgement of his greeting. Inwardly, she was a little baffled at all the attention she was receiving. It wasn't exactly unwelcome, but she didn't understand it.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:08 am

"Reaaaally?" Ylfa began to reply, the hints of a viciously sly smile on her lips. Eyes sharp as a hawk, she quickly took note of how others were gravitating over as well. Some mercenary duder, a tiny kid in the back, but most importantly, the woman with the camera drones and the Jongwu blogger. "What if I let you touch my chest, in exchange for touching yours? It would be a fair trade, right?" she offered the strange warrior I'ee with a cocky grin.

Cameras were rolling, and any publicity for herself and her pirates was good publicity!
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:40 am

"Mostly human" Sam said with a chuckle before taking out a ration bar from the pouches on his right leg. Offering one to the I'ee. "Want one? It's oats and honey flavored." Looking to the pirate lass next he asked "So I'm guessing your one of them ass pirates kids these days talk about?" Before a slightly annoyed expression crossed his face breifly at the novaliner

Shaking his head he asked the captain in his raspy voice "so when did we start allowing children on ops?"

Of course he had no idea if marble was a kid but he did seem strange.... stranger than the chest mounded wasp woman. Or the woman hell refer to as 'pirate lass' due to her Cutlass and rather outdated slugthrower.
Ahoy
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Ahoy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:53 am

“My name is Marble. I’ll be your nurse and therapist for the trip.” A female robotic voice echoes from Marbe. Marble places his backpack on the floor, opening it. Marble reaches into her backpack, pulling out a camera. Marble then adjusts the position of the camera before taking a couple of photos. Bright-flashes of light is seen before quickly disappearing. Marble moves herself to a different spot before taking another round of photos. Standing in his spot, Marble looks through her images he taken. “I really like your outfit, Diadottr. It’s cute. I'll add it to my collection of dresses.” Marble comments. “Also, Thi-Thi. Your features and kind are highly interesting to me in many ways. I have whole images of your race that I normally look at everyday."

“As for you Sam, your human. I don’t have much to say about you. You’re the most normal person I seen on this mission.” Marble turns his attention to Claude Xiao, she takes a picture of the turtle. “I seen your content before. I watched your whole playlist on Haunted Kitchenware.” Marbles goes back to browsing its list of photos.
Kim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Hope smiled brightly as everyone continued on with their fixation on the I'ee and the pirate woman. This is great footage! The producers are going to love it!

"Oh! If you don't want your image to go onto NNN I need you to tell me now so I can activate the face encryption algorithm. I'll be filming the entire expedition. I am not going to geocache the footage to keep the mystery alive."

She gave her fellow journalist a look over and tapped her chin as an idea came to her. "Claude, if you want, we can collab. I have an extra drone you could use if you wanted to diversify your camera footage," she offered in a friendly professional tone.
I also write webcomics~
Author of Image
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:04 pm

The crew was motley, Chance then decided, so rightly motley that she had either doomed the expedition or had given it enough breath to burn from start to finish in enough deals and vids to brand them all famous in a weeks time. Either way, she could wash her hands of it, most certainly. Chance herself gleamed as she watched the small group, particularly the two reporters who seemed intent on recording it all. She had made a point to get at least two people with a camera attached to their hip, and the others simply to try and keep things diverse. That, and some of them were easy to verify the integrity of given the number of requests to accompany the many expeditions into the NovaLine space. "Now, as I'm sure you're all aware, each of us has some vested interest in finding the source of the signal." A slight, odd accent touched Chance's tongue, but it almost seemed to be more of a slurring than a true accent.

"One thing I have to add on as we venture out is to be safe, above all. I've been in contact with some other expeditions out here, and each one has hitched onto a different signal source. From what we understand there's no singular place that everything is coming from, rather there are several points in this solar system that's transmitting, whether it's all merging together somehow or if they are operating like proxy servers we don't know for certain. I managed to grab dibs on what I believe to be the original, or if not, one of the first transmitters." She paused as if to bask in her own behind-the-scenes accomplishment. "However, there are a few things to note before we land, and it's about the nature of it all."

"Our reporter friends can probably tell you that there are enough theories about the signal to fill a library. One thing that our scans into the signals as we approached has revealed to us is something quite alarming, and intriguing all at once. This solar system has been abandoned for a very long time. Normally space travel and the existences of civilizations leave traces, be it in actual structures of their actions, or the traces of radiation or energy or what have you, some small ripple of disturbance that their existence caused. None of those have been found, though my probe to the planet Aker managed to pick up an artificial structure near our scheduled landing site. It's likely that a single ship, or a small group of ships, could leave such a small impact in their travel that we simply haven't been able to pick up their presence or ripples with our scanners. Either way, that proposes something about what we're after."

"This is no military or government project, there's not enough foot traffic, nor enough for a company. All of those leaves traces that would have been found. This breaks down the individuals responsible to a small group, obviously with a very large budget, high technical skill, and enough supplies to build their project across this abandoned pocket of space, and to then project it into civilized sectors with enough power to hijack military signals. Suffice to say, this is a small group with the resources and skill to put larger public projects to shame." She paused, her eyes going to the I'ee. "Particularly given that the signal is hijacking methods of communication that normally are secure to the point of frustration, such as the Dark Elves organic networks, and behind private Taianese firewalls.

The ship began to shake slightly, and suddenly many of the blank panels on the walls, and particularly a larger set on the wall above the cargo ramp turned to a white screen, quickly flashing to the camera's view of the planet below. It was an ugly thing, covered in a smothering gray cloud of rain, with only decent pockets of clear sky to the surface, though that proved to cause any who looked upon it even more disgust, a wet red hue coated what wasn't uneven rocky features that cracked and groaned across the landscape. "Planet's atmosphere is breathable, carbon-based plantlife, no known fauna, though fauna presence is expected."

She shifted as she adjusted her suit, which appeared to be some advanced form of rock-climbing gear for the upcoming Everest competitions. Packed for warmth, with a sturdy tool belt, form-fitting boots and a jump-pack that nestled tightly against her lower back. "Ship has supplies to last us for a long time. Hope you all like the cold, though." She grinned, accenting the odd surgery scars that peppered her face.

The incessant murmur of the signal came to a stop, as if it had suddenly died, leaving bereft sound in its wake, and all at once it returned, louder, with a clarity unfamiliar.
"You fall like a star from the sky.
I remember you.
I remember this.
You came."
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
LittleWasp
Landsman
Landsman

Post by LittleWasp » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:26 pm

"No. Seek out another person's chest to touch," the warrior bug snorted before turning her attention away, instead regarding Sam's offered bar briefly, then shaking her head solemnly. "I am not hungry, human. Thank you," Gut-Stripe intoned. The voice of the captain brought her to attention, standing a little taller and straighter, antennae perked. She also rather pointedly ignored any further attempts at interaction with her, focusing solely on Chance's words and listening in silence. The various I'ee family fleets scattered across civilised space had likewise received the mysterious signal and struggled to block it or otherwise meddle with it. Though in general it did not cause them much frustration, it was curious enough that Gut-Stripe had come to investigate it on behalf of her family.

When the screens lit up with images of the planet they were approaching, she turned her head to better view them. "A putrid wound," she described it aloud in dramatic fashion. Dead, grey skin, opening to expose views of red flesh beneath was what the planet reminded her of.

Gut-Stripe tensed again when the signal went quiet, then gripped the hilt of her blade when it began again, seeming to address them directly. "Monstrosity," she spoke in a whisper, still staring at the live feed of the planet, albeit now with wariness.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:55 pm

putting way the meal bar back into one of the thigh pockets "nice to meet you too marble" he responded in his raspy tone as his mechanical arm flashed for a moment. like clockwork and obviously practiced he flips a sliding switch on the back of his face mask causing a locking sound to resonate from the front of the mask as he takes a deep breath in he twists the removable filter off the side of the mask putting it away as he grabbed a new one to take its place after securing the new filter he re flipped the switch causing a brief hiss as oxygen passed back threw the filter. all this happening in the time it took the reporter to introduce them self.

looking to Marble "word of warning don't start smoking." he said giving a slight chuckle at his own poor choices before intently listening to the briefing. noting how gut stripe responded to both the planet and the sound seemed to address them directly. Sam wouldn't show it from his face But he shifted slightly on one leg staring at the live feed "hey you reporters got anything to protect yourself with?" he asked not taking his eyes off the screen as his brows furrowed showing his discomfort "if not i recommend you get some, something doesn't feel right about this it might be nothing but id feel more easy if everyone had means to protect themselves just in case."

tearing his gaze from the live feed he looked to the captain "got any spare parka's?"
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:16 pm

"Tch, that's a bummer," the eye-patched woman replied with a sigh, disappointed with the I'ee's reply. "Oh well." Glancing at the man nearby though, Ylfa rolled her eye with a groan of annoyance. "Cutlasses were made for fighting in close quarters where there's lots a shit your weapon can get caught on," she tersely replied, briefly glancing at the medic next. "It's a bummer that I've been recognized already, but I guess that's just how it is. Still, I'm on vacation, so don't hope to see me in my bikini uniform anytime soon." Looking at the nearby reporter, she shrugged. "Unless you have an auto censor for any time my name is mentioned, you might as well just give up," the blonde pointed out. The jig was up already, but that didn't mean she couldn't have fun still. When it came time for the briefing however, Ylfa simply set a hand on her hip as she listened. Everything made sense, though by now, the off duty Space Pirate Queen knew better than to expect everything to make sense. The Message coming to them again only seemed to cement that. Did the others even hear it? She couldn't help but notice the I'ee seemed less than happy though. It might have been a whisper, but the cyborg caught it easily.

"You're looking to blow it up huh? It cause you girls some grief?" she asked, now genuinely curious. The I'ee were practically hug-bugs, so drawing their ire in and of itself was an achievement.
Kim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kim » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:09 pm

"I don't check the Alastor feeds, so I don't know if you are on the hook Miss. I couldn't collect on any bounty anyway, I'm not a member of that organization. But, I don't think I have to censor your name. Depending on the time slot and the angle, I might have to censor your... ample assets though. It's all easy enough! We have a good algorithm and the AI enjoys locating those things, so it's all good!" Hope grinned with a dismissive way, her voice still upbeat. Her attention went to the feed of the planet, and the signal.

"You fall like a star from the sky? I wonder if that's a threat? They asked us to come but to what purpose?" Hope turned to the camera drone with the shaky planet reflected in the lens behind her. "Be sure to vote in the poll on the comments section of what you think will happen next! This is certainly exciting! We have an interesting group of adventurers on our quest. I'll try to catch up with people to give you more. But OcculTurtle is also here! Be sure to check out his feed too. Go subscribe, " Her voice was upbeat and her eyes sparkled. "Next broadcast will be from the planet's frigid and rocky surface. Stay tuned!"

She returned her attention back to the others with a shrug. "Captain, you expect this to be a trek up to a summit then?"
I also write webcomics~
Author of Image
ArsenicJohn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ArsenicJohn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Unsure what to make of the pirate's antics, Claude nodded in response to Marble. "Oh, that was one of my first videos. The only one I couldn't figure out was the dancing silverware. I actually bought that set. It's fun at parties." He said, patting the kid on the head. He wondered why the Captain would bring a child on a possibly dangerous trip to the middle of nowhere. The kid couldn't possibly be old enough to be a nurse and therapist.

Claude turned to respond to Hope. He hadn't really worked with anyone else before but it might get him more viewers and more business. He nodded. "Thank you, that would be great. Hope Garcia, right? Nice to meet you." Claude said with a smile. "I'll just ask your drone for permissions. Being a Jongwu has a few perks, believe it or not."

He looked at the drone and reached out mentally. An augmented reality display popped up, visible only to Claude. It appeared as a green glow highlighting the drone with a few options and some information on the drone's specifications. He requested guest access to control the drone. She would be able to revoke his access at any time. It would probably take a minute to sync up with him and his phone.

Before he could say more the Captain started speaking, drawing his immediate attention. Some of what she said made sense but he disagreed with the assessment of what the signal was. He just couldn't see the point in all this if it was some group of people showing off their prowess. Why would they broadcast seemingly random information across the sector? He was betting the answer would be far more interesting than such a mundane culprit.

He was glad for the use of Hope's drone. With access to that, he could download the Captain's revelations and add some commentary later. He would have missed that bit. In his pocket, he had a pair of glasses with a camera and a microphone built-in he had intended to use. Now that wouldn't be necessary but he decided to hold on to them just in case. Noticing some of the others had weapons he felt the laser pistol at his hip. Even though it was a lower power civilian model, it could put down a humanoid if necessary. He hoped it wouldn't be necessary.
Characters

Corgan Garret - OGRE Alliance Marshal

Muk Skullcrusha - Atraxian Mech Pilot

Brigid "Peitho" Lilfaris - Yazata Tai Pan Auxiliary Soldier

Claude Xiao - Jongwu SpaceTuber/Occult Investigator
Ahoy
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Ahoy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:49 am

“I don’t know but a bikini does not seem to be a great jacket.” Marble places away her camera into backpack before singing it onto his back. Marble listens in on Captain's speech. “Ah, the unexplained and unknown. You know, there are only two main ways that this goes down. We either all die or we don’t die, but gain PTSD from this experience. Or some kind of variation in between those two options. Let’s hope that I’m wrong.” Marble states, shortly after being petted by Claude. “Thanks. I’m excited to see how your project turns out. If you need, I’m willing to shred some credits for you. Investigating horrors on the net is a slow method of making credits unless you sell your soul to the advertisements, of course. Heh.”

Marble looks around the room. None of these people have much of terms of protection. At best, they might have a low-power civilian model brought from a surplus store. Maybe, the pirate has something bigger and better to deal with threats but that’s speculation by Marble. “Mrs. Captain, may I bring a security droid? It seems that we’re going into an area that we don’t know about. The dangers that may show up may need to be dealt with in such a manner that requires force of arms.”