Back to the Creature 2: Judgement Day

Roleplay that occurs inside the setting of Shattered Universe.
uso
Staff
Staff

Back to the Creature 2: Judgement Day

Post by uso » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Cra-BOOM!

Creature was probably used to waking up naked in weird places, and this one seemed no weirder than most. The crater he was laying in was in the middle of a dirt road with a heavy tree canopy that blocked out nearly all of the starlight. The air was cold, a bit of arcing electricity crackling for just a moment and then subsiding into the background sounds of birds, bugs, and the vague notes of country-style music. Tucked into the forest just off the road were several motorized bikes parked out in-front of an establishment Creature could recognize as a bar due to the stumbling patron headed out the door and out into the forest. This 'patron' standing about 5 feet tall, green, pointy ears, and massively muscular. It might not have been a species he recognized, and all the same it seemed to ignore him on its way back home.

The only belongings that Creature appeared to have at the moment was a scrap of paper that was clutched in his hand. It looked like it had something written on it... in crayon... and probably by creature himself. A small stick figure, the name 'Heram Wazu', a pile of money, and what looked like a bunch of goons with guns with a big red X on them.

The year, was 2993.

One of many things Creature likely didn't know.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back to the Creature 2: Judgement Day

Post by Tony » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 pm

"ORI WATCH OUT!"

Creature then woke up.

It was the truth. Creature had indeed woken up in this situation before. Specifically this situation, likely dozens of times. Getting to his feet, his immediate reaction was he needed to get his grotesqueness covered up swiftly before he had a swarm of doctors trying to fix him to no success.

Creature groggily stumbled towards the pointy-eared biker man. His HUD display indicated that the man's outfit, while not for Gartagen physiology was the proper fit. "Uhh. I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle." He rasped, his maimed hand clutching at his temple.
uso
Staff
Staff

Post by uso » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Creature had just arrived on this planet, but the Grawla he was speaking to had certainly been here for a while. They had been masters of this planet for thousands of years, going as far back as anyone could remember. Aliens... those just like Creature... had been an intrigal part of their history, both in what few written records had survived and in their oral histories. The stories were always the same, creatures from space came to enslave, they came to kill, they came to plunder, some massive ones came just to stomp around and leave footprints the size of a city. When aliens arrived, it meant that millions of Grawla would soon die.

The Grawla would stand tall in-front of creature, the other Grawla starting to approach, standing beside him. In all of their history, the invaders to their planet had always died in the end. The Grawla were always, eventually, undefeatable. The Grawla holding what looked to be a pool cue was soon joined by a Grawla holding another stick... followed by another holding a bottle, another with a chain, and yet another carrying something that looked like a gun.

They weren't sure what Creature was, but every alien that had come here had eventually suffered defeat.

"Hey there! How 'bout you take mine? You look like you need it man!"

Well... every creature except the humans. They had arrived here a few generations ago, but they had been content to stay hidden away inside of their walled city. They didn't seem interested in attacking. Their trades were always very favorable to the Grawla. They were absolutely terrible at recreational games, and tended to lose bets often which made them quite popular among Grawla hangout spots.

The human-biker would quickly approach, his jacket already slid off his back and put on the table beside creature as he unbuckled his pants. Happy to literally give the newcomer the shirt off his back. The pudgey human also gathering up the control fob for his bike outside.

"I haven't seen your kind around here before? Did you just come to the planet? You also look hurt, and New Cambridge is just a little ways west of here. I could take you by one of our hospitals too!"
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:40 pm

Something was wrong.

Creature looked about nervously as he was bombarded with questions. Something was seriously wrong. Creature was being clothed. The people were seriously concerned about his injuries and general well being.

"I'm on an Alliance colony world." He said exhaling the worlds. Creature looked at the hand-scribbled drawing. He did not remember how he had gotten it.

"Computer!" Creature said aloud. "I need a.." The computer responded through his vision; Creature saw a frowny face that blinked indicating it was having trouble connecting to the local extranet. Outside of the building, a vocal response chimed.

"Greetings new migrant. Welcome to Alliance space." The machine sang out over the commotion. "My scans indicate you are of an unknown alien species. Are you just visiting, wish to naturalize, or desire immediate citizenship?"

Creature paused. "Nonononoooo..." He said back peddling away.
uso
Staff
Staff

Post by uso » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:02 am

Of course creature wouldn't remember where he got the drawing from. Being sent back in time was one thing, but having that weirdness be co-opted by an ancient and powerful creature was another. That creature certainly loved to talk, as time travel was a lonely experience... but creature had a way of being a rather abrasive chat companion. After several attempts to talk involving time being rewound again and again, Creature was just tossed out without any more explanation than a drawing promising money for saving Heram Wazu from some goons.

The Alliance Citizen that had handed over his clothing was already in the middle of ordering some new clothing through his datapad, as the local alliance computer network tried recruiting Creature into the Alliance itself. The small drone outside trying to talk to him clearly wasn't something that the local Grawla enjoyed having around. Though the Alliance had a colony on this planet, the majority of it still belonged to the Grawla.

These aliens were certainly have a discussion amongst themselves on if they should forcibly remove the alliance's computer from just outside of their bar.

Though the rather pudgy alliance citizen that had given up his clothing had a different idea,

"Hey, what do you eat? How about you come back to the city with me? We can do a scan to make sure what we have isn't poisonous... you're welcome to come share dinner with my wife and I!"
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Creature's HUD computer was frantically scanning. The alien's biology was registering as familiar. As was their dialect. But the extranet connection was unavailable. The simple AI simply had no date or location. Between the computer and the people trying to help him Creature was feeling stressed out. "EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

The ensuing silence gave Creature a chance. "Computer, uh...ye grant citizenship or what ever..." He mumbled.

"What is your name, species and Origin?" The feminine voice of the computer asked.

Creature growled softly. "Uh. Creature...Gartagen species. Shara star system..." He said hesitating.

"Congradulations, Citizen Creature. You are now an alliance citizen and will enjoy all of the benefits of our society. You are enrolled at the nearest elementary school for formal education and eventual job selection. If you require possession, food, or clothing simply approach the nearest synthesizer terminal and ask. As for housing you will be provided with a temporary residence in Cascadia City!" The computer said sounding excited.

"Uh....thanks.." Creature muttered

"You are Welcome Citizen Creature!"

Likewise, Creature felt like he had just been hit by a car. Being naked with his grotesqueness exposed for all to say was humbling to him. So he hurriedly began getting dressed. As the alien chatted Creature advanced and snatched up a bandana to cover his face.

"Uhhh.... I'm good on dinner." Creature rasped. "But yea just get me to the city to get my free shit.....gotta figure out where the fuck I am. Where the hell is Cascadia? I'm looking for some guy named Heram J. Wazu..."

Creature held up a slip of paper to his saviors. The paper had a crayon drawing of a stick figure man with broan hair on it. Heram J. Wazu was scribbled about the smiling circle of a head. "Anybody know him?"