Hard Copy 02: Z-9

Products of a secret government collaboration with the mysterious S.E.E.R. organisation, the Echoni E-4 are a series of sentient bio-weapons built to do one thing; Use military force and exotic new technologies to wipe out a species of alien aggressors infesting the human colony of Planet Hawking.
uso
Staff
Staff

Hard Copy 02: Z-9

Post by uso » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Concourse Alpha, Training Block #4
5th of February, GSC 3019

It was cold in this part of the facility. The floor was made of this porous stone type of grey stuff that kinda scratched up Unit 444’s feet. The only other time the attendants brought her here was for a really boring lecture on how the bag people weren’t allowed to just punch each other, and so Echoni weren’t allowed to do that unless told so, either. Unit 515 was there that time, a long with five or six other units she’d never seen before.

This time it was not so.

Just one of those blue floaty screens that you could put your hand straight through, like it was made of only light somehow. It currently said nothing. Super dark otherwise, so that the sole green-haired girl couldn’t see any other entrance but the hatch they came in through.

Just one chair, metal. She’d been told to sit down, whilst still coming off some kind of knockout gas again. Wearing one of those annoying plastic collars again when she woke up.

Silence. Just a really annoying buzz from that screen. Not much else.

Damn walls must be thick…

“HEY! WHY IS THIS COLLAR ON?!” 444 demanded to know, she hated wearing this thing, feeling like she could just be squished anytime one of those bag people hit a button. That button she swore to find someday and smash completely.

OH it would be SOOO smashed.

She could barely contain her own grin at the thought of smashing that bag-people button.

“I DON’T NEED A COLLAR TO LISTEN TO YOU BAG PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT NOT BEING PUNCHED!”

As they moved around, there was another thing they noticed. Their left arm was weirdly numb. There was also quite a large bandage wrapped around their left wrist.

Then… Sort of just a weird blinking on the inside… A *really* weird electrical feeling.. And then… Some kind of weird blue ring turned on? It hovered at about a thumb’s length around her arm, reading some kind of ghostly squiggles… It said “PLEASE BE CALM. PLEASE REMAIN SEATED. :3” It was exactly like one of those screens…

Seemed to flash and then come back on again, whenever she tensed her wrist in a really particular way.

“I’LL BE NOT CALM IF I WANT ARM!” 444 shouted at her own wrist, pulling at the bandage so that she could see what was under it, “WHERE IS MY CARETAKER! I WANT TO KNOW WHY MY ARM IS TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!”

Double annoyingly, there was nothing. Like, her healing was pretty fast normally, but there was generally at least some blood. They must have cleaned it.

“DON’T WORRY. THEY ONLY PUTS US IN THE BRICKS-PLACE WHEN WE GOING OUT NORMALLY.” The text changed, suddenly. It didn’t make a sound, but, like, a feeling?... And then it did it again. “THIS IS A GOODS THING. IT IS A GOODS THING.”

That flashing. Yeah. It wasn’t on all the time. Uso could totally turn it off and on again… With like… some kind of… Inside finger? Some kind of muscle she never used before?...

444 struggled with figuring out how to give this thing the inside finger. Her face angrily winced and contorted as she struggled to figure it out… like walking for the first time… until she could finally reliably turn the thing off.

“HA!”

Victory!

“Now what about going to the outside? Will I get to use my Pistol again?” It had been a bit of time since she originally learned these words. Saying and using them becoming far more of a refined thing for someone as reactive as 444.

That buzzing feeling… Couldn’t look at the new message with the screen off, though.

“What’s a pastul? :)

Well that was worth the wait.

A heavy clunking noise. The doors were opening. The lit corridor beyond was a little blinding in comparison. At least two of those drones that went flat like a dinner plate. Two bag men, wearing some weird paddy uniforms in a dark green… Actually, apart from the colour, it was a lot like that cool jumpsuit they gave Tsuguka? The one on the left had really short grey hair and was taller, whilst the one on the right was more rotund and had orange-kinda hair bits coming out the wrong end of his head completely. Both had guns.

More clicking and squeaking noises. A female doctor in a white long coat. She had long blonde hair and a badge that said ‘Dr.Gailen’.

Pushing a fourth person in a chair that had wheels on it… Seemed kinda familiar?...

Quite small and thin. Very messy pink hair. Kind of hard to make out all of the details in the gloom, but they were wearing an Echoni robe for sure.

“Thank you for waiting Unit 444! You are a very good girl!” The woman doctor responded a bit patronisingly. Smile was a bit too tired, a bit disingenuous. “We are going to let you out on a special playdate for a day, so please listen to my instructions from here carefully, okay?”

“.... I will listen!” Declared 444, as if she was the one in charge of the situation even though she couldn’t really get out of the chair she was in…

Though it suddenly hit her that she didn’t know if she could get out of the chair or not. She’d slowly sit up, then start scooting forward to see if the collar would stop her.

She was also pretty sure she smashed that pink haired one at some point?

“Well done! I’ll get you a special treat after this is all over!” More of that irritating tone from the woman. They wheeled the chair right up next to 444, and the occupant just kind of sent a shy smile sideways with one green eye. The angle also made it a bit more obvious that this person didn’t have a right arm…

Well, not anymore? Was that because of what Unit 444 did?...

“Hello I’m Unit 549-Z IT LOVELY MEET YOU” The thing buzzed again. “GOING OUTSIDE IS SO COOL IT MAKE! FEEL AMAZI!NG SKY LOVE peace!”

444 scooted forward a bit more until she was on the edge of her seat… she was pretty sure she could stand up too…. But the frown on her face indicated she wasn’t happy with this arrangement, “I’m NOT giving you my arm.” She stated, wondering if it would just grow back? Her hand always seemed to come back after she mangled it? Maybe the rest of her did too? Could she even be mangled? So far only her caretaker had managed to out-smash her.

She still needed those secrets.

She’d get them from her someday. She just had tricks and stuff. Tricks she would learn! Then she’d smash her good!

One of the soldiers approached. He didn’t say anything, but simply put a hand on Uso’s shoulder, suggesting she stay put.
Total moron must have been new here. They must have only just built him today.

“You said you’d listen didn’t you?” The woman doctor grasped 549’s wrist lightly, then gave it a hefty slap. Words flashed for just a moment, then off again. Something about her already having one and it being really cool. “No more messages. Both of you. Behave now. This is super serious stuff you are getting into, okay? So just sit still, listen and don’t mess around!”

The pink haired girl just kind of made a noise… Almost like… “OHKASORHE”?... Or something?

“I AM LISTENING!” Uso shouted, look at her arm that was talking to her again. “NOW DO TALKING! BUT NOT ARM TALKING.” She scowled.

“I don’t want to talk to my arm. It only listens to me not the other way around.”

She’d look over at the guard who put his hand on her shoulder,

“It wants me to smash you.” Her eyes narrowed in the most threatening way possible. She didn’t like this particular bag person.

A shrug. The doctor actually gave her own insulting glare towards the soldier, causing him to finally back off.

“It’s a communicator. We’ve upgraded all of you Echoni models with them now. Please take time to learn to use it… But, erm, not right now.” A small facepalm, followed by a 180 turn towards the screen. She apparently had no such arm-thing, since she had to get out a remote thingy to make that one change. “Yes. Here is your mission.”

A weird image with lots of rippled lines and arrows. A big red dot. Some more lines with weird ladder rungs going through them. A picture of some place that looked super bright and dusty. Had to be one of those ‘map’ things.

“Our information tells us that there is a hidden weapons catch in this area. It’s too hard for the local military to reach in force, and well… A little unsubtle anyways. They could hear those big fat fellas searching and just run away.” They pointed up and around kinda uselessly. It was the soldier’s turn to shrug. “You’ve been told about the Grawla, right? The enemy that we are fighting?... Yeah. We just want some of those weapons for examination. Intact.”

“The leader on this mission will be Unit 549. She won’t have the ability to disable you, 444, so you don’t need to worry about past grudges, but… Yes, we’ll be able to see though her eye.”

“OHATSWHUKNE-UFRIM!!” A new high pitch outburst. Made the doctor look like she was gonna throw that remote.

“Honey…” A very direct scowl. “Shut up now.”

“You have six hours. The dot will be both your drop-off and pick up point. Operational radius is two miles. Turn around if your wrist communicator says so.”

444 would nod. “So I have to take the weapons from them? And if they don’t like that? I can punch them?”

This sounded interesting. Smashing OUTSIDE. She couldn’t hide her excitement even if she wanted to, “But there has to be a catch right? I mean, I have to listen to my arm I GUESS… but like… that’s it? You’re not going to take my arm or anything? Do I get to bring my Pistol? What about my Tsuguka? How do I find my way around without my Caretaker?”

“You will receive additional orders though your communicator. That’s why we gave it to you.” The scientist responded. “But please only attack, kill, or otherwise perform violence on the Grawla. The green furry bastards. You’ll be able to tell them from humans by the smell, I’m sure… Oh, and yes, you will be provided with live firearms for this purpose. But no other support will be provided. Any other questions?”

“Humpf…” 444 seemed unhappy about not being able to bring all of her toys… but she’d make do. All in the name of smashing. “.... I guess not… Wait. The collar. Do I have to wear that too?”

“Come on now honey. We both know you’d just run off and do whatever you want without some precautions…” The smile suddenly became worryingly more genuine. “I’m surprised that 549 doesn’t have it more in for you honestly, but… Well, who knows what is going on inside that head.”

She walked back over and petted the girl on the head as she went past, causing a seizure not of pain, but of the extreme desire to burst out saying things.

“You’ll get guns. And armour. Please follow me to the hangar.”

---

The back of the vehicle they got into was filled with options, alright. They basically had a quarter of the SEER collection, and said Uso could choose about three to take with her. A rather heavy looking suit of green armour was being attached around 549 by a pair of assistants, just as a pair of big spinny blades started making whooshing noises on top of the big flat box.

There were four more soldiers in this vehicle, and the scientist was coming along too, ushering the green-haired punchmaster along.

The wheels on it were tiny, and the blades too high up to slash anybody. What a dumb looking thing.

444 looked over the equipment, her eyes lighting up as she saw the explody-balls. She grabbed one bandoleer of them… then another… then another… then another… then at some point she realized she couldn’t just take all of them. She was already having a bit of a hard time moving around with so many belts.

The belts went back on the wall, and she settled with just taking one.

Then she needed a pistol. She saw the one she was familiar with and grabbed it off the wall along with one of those leather things that held it against her hips. That belt would go on her hips, the other one would go around her chest.

Then her eyes were drawn to what looked like a metal-fist-thing. Some kinda explosion gauntlet used for punching things super-hard.

She took it, and put it on her left hand.

“LETS FUCKING GO!” She shouted, all hyped up now that she had toys!

… maybe she could ask for one of those spinning blades on top for next time?

“You… You really don’t want any armour?” The scientist asked, looking at their notes on 444 as if that would help. “The heavy armour is probably best for your first mission… Though you could start with a pair of boots, honestly.”

“Armor?” 444 asked.

Realising that they might not even know what that word meant, they wrapped a hand on 549’s shoulder pauldron, ringing out a dull ceramic sort of sound.

The girl themselves was just sort of raising their existing arm and allowing the attendants to do their thing, as if this was something as natural for them as getting changed. Pretty soon, they actually stood up from the wheely chair, and the attendants kept on adjusting some weird metal thing sticking out of her spine.

Next came some kind of camera thing? Oh. It was an eye of some kind. It went into the side of head that the girl had just let her hair flow down before. It glowed red from a central slit, making her wince.

Then came the arm. Well, gun. Gun-arm. It screwed directly into her shoulder, and was about four times the size and weight of Uso’s pistol. This only seemed to be met by a look of disappointment from her… the Echoni putting the pistol back on the rack and instead getting a missile launcher which looked more on par with what her counterpart was carrying.

Was this all just part of this ‘armour’ thing?
The whining got louder and louder. Soon enough the thing juddered and actually flew up into the air, not rolling along the ground at all! It kept going up and up, like an elevator, except it wasn’t connected to anything at all.

Up and up and up. The entire complex shrank down to just a big white octagon shape below them, surrounded by a myriad of junkish smaller dwellings. By the time they closed the landing ramp, they were so far into the air that Uso could barely even make out the tiny little bug-like forms of people walking around.

They were off.

*THUNK*

444’s head was pressed up tightly against the window, looking at all the things there were to look at! Sure, most of those things were just jungle but it was all new jungle for her.

She wanted to punch all of it!

“How far away is this room where the grawla are? Is it in the same room we’re in now?”

Despite the hints that she should take something a little more protective, the Echoni didn’t seem all that interested in the ‘armor’. She seemed happy to keep wearing her blanket-poncho along with the belt of grenades she had taken.

“Ninety kilometers.” Dr.Gailen responded disinterestedly, looking out the window herself. Apparently they had no interest in explaining what units of measurement were, either. “If by in the same room, you mean planet, then yes. It’s relatively close to this city. That’s why we are checking it out.”

“And-and-NOW!” 549 suddenly boinged upwards not just verbally, but physically, requiring two soldiers to pin them back into the chair again. “GOTS ALL MY PARTS ON AND I’M DOING A REAAL~ GOOD TIME YES! HAHAHA”

Just as disinterested, the scientist just turned around and then pushed a button a remote, then tucked it away back in her left jacket pocket. The cyborg went mostly down to earth and fatigued, but seemed extremely adamant about being wild and happy, judging by the conflicted expression on their face.

“We will be there in half an hour… About the length of your lunch breaks between lessons. You understand that amount of time?”

444’s attention was focused on 549. The memory of smashing her was returning strongly. She had to wonder if she smashed a little too hard? Was there such a thing?

“Yeah. Go get the things from the place. Will be there in about a lunch break worth of time. The people down there are smashable, not like bag people. And uh… that one has to watch me do it?”

True to their word, it would be about one lunch break before they arrived at the destination.

“OK ARM. WHICH WAY?” Uso shouted holding out her arm and mentally commanding it to show her stuff.

“We should go the BIGGO pile of rockses first! That’s like… A big thing to hide stuff under right?” 549 took this as 444 talking to them, seeing as it was them communicating through the holographic bracelet originally. Or maybe they were just physically incapable of shutting up, squeaking along at breakneck pace. “It’s gonna be so much fun! There is gonna be sand and rocks and lizards and maybe-maybe a cactuz- You know what a cactuz is? They are really spikey and funny and I like them!”

“Do you think you’d-like-a-cactuz-erm… Four Four Four Four YEAH? DO YOU THINK YOU’D LIKE THEM?!?!?” On their feet again, unsteadily. All of the extra green metal apparatus made them look like a grasshopper, with a pair of extra angled legs sticking out of their back. Not being in hugging range of the green Echoni meant they just sort of waved their arm at them instead.

“Just remember the time frame.” The accompanying scientist waited until the exact moment when they hit the ground, then rather unceremoniously guided both of them off the landing ramp. “Remember. Six hours.”

A violent gust of wind and sand. The vehicle rose back up into the air, the whirring sound of it’s blades becoming quieter and quieter.

Then the two of them were alone.

It was hot. The bed of sand was endless, and baked the feet more sternly than any radiator the concourse had to offer. Slight breeze coming from the direction of the city, but otherwise, it was uncomfortably humid.

Hawking plants were strewn about, short green prickly things. Most did not have leaves, but sometimes had odd orange or purple flowers erupting from great tendrils of vines.
Not of those roads or bag-people or buildings or anything.

Ahead, rocks. One giant rock in particular, that 549 somehow knew about. Probably bigger than concourse alpha. It was green at the bottom due to all the plants and underhanging moss-stuff, powdered with loose jagged chips that had fallen off and tumbled down the great thing. Proceeding up to the very top, it got more and more orange, until almost a dull red.

The entire scene, silent, other than the distant wind and the creaking of 549’s roughshod joints.

“I told you… Told you it was good!..”

“Can I eat a cactuz?” 444 asked. They had only 6 hours. That was 12 lunch breaks. That was enough time to eat lunch, then get hungry again and eat another lunch. Maybe they had food at the place where they head the weapons? Regardless, 444 was hungry now.

“ARM! WHICH WAY!” She shouted, her attention snapping back to her arm as she held it up and waved it around. The floating orange display flickered on and off as she tried to manipulate the communicator with her mind… which was mostly just her turning the device on and off repeatedly.

“ARM!... ARM!!”

444 frowned,

“Ok, lets go to the rocks and see what’s up… and how much can you carry? You’re carrying the weapons right? The ones we get? And… “ 444 would dash over to 549, grabbing the arm/leg/things on her back and using them to steady herself as she climbed on, “LETS GO!”

“... and uh, you’ve been out here before right?”

*CREEEKKKK~*

*SKABOOOSH!*

Being far too rear-heavy as it was, 549’s rear legs sunk into the sand the minute 444 climbed on, sending them both rolling to the floor.

“YEEE-AHAHAHAHAHA!” This didn’t seem to get them much down anyway. “MY TURN! MY TURN!-”

Half a sit-up. Then an attempted sideways lurch. Then a dumb failed combination of both.

“Erm… If you help me up, I will tell you that you cannot eat a cactus? :3”

“WELL THEN I DON’T WANT A CACTUS!” 444 shouted, looking down at 549 with great bepuzzlement. 549 wasn’t a transport. She wasn’t a guide. Was she a guide? 444 didn’t give it too much thought but ‘to those rock things’ was as good a direction as any considering how little her arm was telling her.

444 would stand up and dust herself off. She was carrying a lot less weight, and had a far easier time getting back on her feet even with the rocket launchers and grenades strapped to her blanket-poncho thing which was now colored much like the sand was.

“Also I’m not carrying you.”

444 immediately perked up upon the realization 549 was stuck.

“If I get you out of there you have to do what I say ok?”

Perhaps not as good as a 515, but she’d find a way to make it work.

“I… I was ordered to... order you…” The smile on the pink haired girl’s face finally wavered, uncertain emotions rapidly boiling to the surface. It wasn’t like they really expected help, that was not the life that either of them led. But they didn’t really want to bake in the sun either.

More shunting. More rocking back and forth. Their back legs were too long, which is what made it hard to overcome the angle.

“What if… What if I gave you a foods? A sweet foods?”

More belated movement. They didn’t really want to give the sweet foods up. And they wanted to do the mission and not get told off, or punished… Dr.Gailen was probably watching this and getting angry already.

And what if the Grawla came now?

“What food?” 444 asked, trying to hide her excitement… “Wait… if you do what I tell you then I could just order you to tell me where the sweet food is?”

444 didn’t waste much time thinking,

“Are you gonna do my orders or not? We only have 12 lunchtimes to get this done!”

“...I didn’t forget, you know…” A sideways glance, green eye deflecting an emotion 549 didn’t really want to feel. Then, their expression just went totally blank, gazing right up at the sky.

Three...Two...One…

“HUHHF!” A strong jolt with both of their back legs, sending them up in the air, and then flat down on their face. Even after landing, the limbs twitched in disorganized pain.

“...But… I did a bad thing, so..” A breath. Slowly, she got back to her feet, and brushed herself off. “That girl is gone now. I’m Z-9. I’m the opposite… I got… I got all these extra bits now, and I’m not going to be another 549…”

Didn’t even look back after that. They just started walking towards the mountain.

“Forget what?” 444 asked, heading off after her. 549 was apparently not going to follow HER orders and she didn’t like that… she also couldn’t just punch 549 until she agreed to follow. The bag people would likely hate that.

Without much talking, 444 would break into a jog, trying to cover the distance quickly only to find that the faster she moved, the more the rockets and such flopped about. She’d only get a few steps before having to stop and readjust her grenade belt and straps and stuff so that it’d all remain tight up against her body.

Also if Z-9 was going to introduce herself, 444 should too, “Oh, and I’m 444. I’m the greatest.”

“...Surprised they sent you. You ain’t got no metal.” Z-9 responded, sort of sidestepping the first question. Their gait was a little slower than 444’s, peg-like insectoid legs still having trouble with the sand. “What kind of powers you got, 444? You grow back your head, or look at people and make ‘em catch fire, or summint?... Like, you gotta be pretty goods for them to says you are the greatest...”

Once packed away, 444 would resume her jog… getting a bit out infront of Z-9 before having to stop to let her catch up. She was looking intently at Z-9 as she approached… then she looked really REALLY hard at a nearby plant.

“Uh… I can’t set things on fire by looking at them,” She said, reaching for her rocket launcher before deciding against using it to test if her head would grow back.

“I mean. I smash things… I’m just the greatest ok? I don’t need to set you on fire with my eyes… I got a whole belt of fire-things right here!”

Existential crisis averted for the time being.

“You’re slow. You need to be faster.” With just how peggy her legs were, there was little she could do to improve things. Maybe if she had one of those bag-people suits? She quickly looked around for a suitable solution and ended with….

A small cactus.

She’d grab one, the spines pricking her fingers pretty badly, and move it right infront of Z-9, “Put one of your peg things in here. Use it like a boot!”

Z-9 had the advantage of an armoured glove and apparently four extra small robo-arms, which only unfolded to make themselves useful just now. They didn’t really see what 444 was getting at, but did it anyway, making a pretty catastrophic mess of bashing the catus in half against a rock.

It kinda sorta worked.

Maybe Z-9 was just bad at walking?...

“...Thankie three fours.” A timid glance.

The plant-boot lasted at least until they got to a more rocky part, when the hill began to slope upwards, and the plants became larger and more abundant. Some of them even started to look like those big dumb ‘tree’ things, but with odd khaki fuzzy formations hanging down and black chalky protrusions near the top.

Ground was starting to get a little cooler here. The green stuff apparently liked it and moved over.

...Some weird markings, now… Two rows of a weird repeating pattern. One went further into the flat sandy plain, and the other end went somewhere in amongst the overgrown rocks to their left, before becoming obscured from view.

444 would take a moment to observe, getting a feel for her surroundings before deciding to move up towards the rocks on their left. She ended up on all fours, creeping up slowly and doing her best to keep her stuff from jingling or slapping up against the rocks to make more noise. She wanted to get up as high as she could so she could see what was around the rocks.

Plus they had been running for a while and this seemed like a great time to be sneaky anyways.

Most of the surrounding plains were pretty flat, though they could see the slight glimmer of that big mess of people-boxes in the distance. Significantly closer, they could see that the weird lines led kind of through a small sunken valley and then sideways out of sight. The amount of trees was even higher in that direction, and it looked like there was a big rocky cliff structure that began to rise up to overhang some point in the valley out of site.

Z-9 only just about caught up at this point. They stayed off the rocks because even they knew the racket it would make, yet still managed to miss the tracks completely, leaving them staring at 444’s back in confusion.

“Are you sleepy? Why is 444 moving so… low?...”

“I’m being sneaky!” 444 said, looking away for only a moment so she could convey this information to Z-9.

Being up high in a room was better than being down low in a room. It was crazy that they had so much space in here!

“Do you know how to climb? I want to go up there!” 444 would point to the rocky cliff structure, and then point to the rocky cliff parts that they would need to climb to actually get up that structure.

She wouldn’t wait for Z-9 either, immediately moving over to those cliffs and starting to figure out how to climb. As it turned out, being inside of a structure with mostly flat surfaces meant 444 really had no idea how to get a good grip on the rocks so she could move upward, struggling to find places to jam her hands and feet into the surface so she could achieve her goal of ‘up’

The insect girl took a minute to catch up of course, but they did speed up once they got up onto the rocks. From there, Z-9 could just spring on forward. Still super ungainly and disorganized, but with enough limbs to stop them from falling over again at least.

Wrapping their arms around 444 quickly, as if knowing that they wouldn’t like it, the pair then bounced up the mountainside at a slightly quicker pace. At least Uso being on the front made for a far better counterbalance. The pink-haired girl also smelled overwhelmingly more like that juice box stuff at close range… Well, that, mixed in with something with machine-y…

More tracks were ahead. It led under the cliffside alright. There was water down there. That must be what the trees liked. Did plants make lines?

“Whaaaa!” 444 yelped as she was dragged up the cliff, quickly trying to quiet her surprise.

She would stand on the clifftop for a moment before telling Z-9 quite sternly, “Let me know before you do that next time. Also, you have a juice box on you don’t you?”

She tried to split her attention between the pressing need for a juicebox and getting ahold of the things that the bag people wanted.

She waited for a moment, before going to check the space by the cliffside, wanting to examine that before getting a good look at the people-box-things below.
Seemed like there was some kind of hole in the rock. It was pretty darn big. Difficult to tell if the lines went right into it, because the water around this place was pretty densely packed with mucky green stuff. It smelled very fresh compared to the open countryside though.

There was a weird sound, too. Kinda like… Bubbling? Did big water spills do this when they were left alone normally?...

Then, just something faint… Kinda like?... Was that a person talking?...

“I ain’t got no juices ‘cept my bloods I don’t, no surriiieeee!~” Z-9 picked the perfect moment to pipe up, rather spoiling the moment.

“WHO’S IN THERE?” 444 shouted out in perhaps the least stealthy way one could shout something out.

This room sure was messy… and she was wondering if Z-9 was made of juice? This would have to be investigated later!

Silence. The talking seemed to stop entirely.

A loud thud, echoing from the apparently large interior of the rock-depths.

444 would hurry into the rocky depths, there were certainly punchable people in there! They’d know where the bag people’s stuff was. She readied her weapon as she approached, her hands switching between finding hand-holds in the rock, to trying to grab her rocket launcher, and back again!