[Character Intro] Wonderful Electric

Roleplay that occurs inside the setting of Shattered Universe.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

[Character Intro] Wonderful Electric

Post by Tony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Date: February 13th, 2018

Arizona Colony was the crown jewel in the "South" of the hyperspace maps. It was a mineral rich world with an oxygen-rich atmosphere and air pressure that meant human beings and other life forms could move around without rapidly dying. After that, however, the good news abruptly ended.

Arizona Colony was bearly habitable. It was a rocky, arid wasteland, with most of its surface looking the same. Geological activity was coming to an end, which resulted in a rapidly failing magnetic field that created a biosphere that had in evolutionary terms stagnated. But the world had water, and a surprisingly amount of deuterium in the ground, which meant that a steady population of humans had taken root.

The government of the world was nearly non-existent, though local authorities did manage to keep some modicum of law and order present in the different towns that were loosely scattered across the world. Such loose oversight and little government meant most forms of entertainment were legal, and this fact alone attracted derelicts, vagabonds, and outcasts from all over the sector.

"Lucy" had during her own exodus came to the world only two weeks ago. A machine on a world full of backward hicks who did not "much like nuthin' that weren't human." Had investigated bounty hunting as a prospect for employment. Lucia was built for war and combat, but she quickly found that Arizona colony had a harsh way of dealing with crime, and she had no money for the shelter.

"Robot. I need more lemons for my water." The young woman said, eyeing Lucia impatiently. Lucia somehow had gotten a job as a diner waitress. "Hello? I need to see the manager, this machine is broken....Hello? Lucy?"
Kiraawesomeness
Landsman
Landsman

Re: [Character Intro] Wonderful Electric

Post by Kiraawesomeness » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Lucia quickly snapped out of her own world. She kept thinking about how there is more out in the galaxy and possibly a place for her out there. She blinked twice and slightly turned her head toward the customer. "I am sorry about that ma'am. I will get that right away."

Even if she was a robot, she wanted to be more then that. She wanted to feel equal like other living beings. Even if it wasn't in her programming, Lucia found being called robot quite "irritating," as some humans say. Lucia then walked to a window with a counter, showing the kitchen, to get more lemon slices.

Unlike some androids, Lucia had a head full of hair. It was short, a bob cut to be precise, black and straight while curling at the bottom. Her skin was tan to look more real but it was made out of plastic. Underneath the plastic however was robotic parts. Her eyes weren't normal at all though. They were bright, neon purple and little up brightly.

She wore a black crop jacket that she kept a unzipped at the top, a black turtleneck top, black fingerless gloves, a black pencil skirt that went to her mid thigh, black leggings and high heel boots that went to her knees. Lucia didn't understand fashion and assumed this was normal or acceptable clothing.

Lucia placed the waitress tray she was holding on the counter very delicately and robotic like. "I need some more lemon slices for table 8, please." She asked the chef.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:10 pm

The "Chef" was an old, overweight ugly man standing just beyond the countertop manning a large griddle with various simple fried foods sizzling on the greasy griddle top. He was bald up top, and he wore a pair of pant with a stained white shirt that was made translucent due to his perspiration. He smiled revealing a set of rotten teeth and proceeded to leer at Lucia, despite the fact she was a machine. "I'll bring em to her, drink machine needs more ice. "Ice maker is out back." He said annunciating the word in a poor attempt at being suggestive to the waitress. The flirtatiousness was dimmed by the fact that when he said the words, the jowls of his pockmarked face quivered with each word.

The Chef motioned to a crude wooden door at the back of the restaurant that was cracked open revealing the alleyway behind the restaurant. The Resturant itself was musky and little more than a poorly built wooden shack that had not been cleaned in decades. The patrons were few and looked like they were in similar shape to the establishment.

"Get to it, Fancy." The chef said, smiling as he looked down at the lemon and began cutting it.
Kiraawesomeness
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Kiraawesomeness » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 pm

Lucia wasn't fond of the chef, well as fond as robot emotions can go. Not only did she not like being called robot, she didn't like being fancy. Well at least from the chef, but she did as she was told because she needed the money. [Program: E̵r̸r̷o̵r̸] T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶g̶u̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ [Program: 47] Get Ice.

Before going outside, Lucia grabbed a blue bucket that laid next to the wooden door. She then opened the door as these "thoughts" went through her head. The alleyway was damp, dark and dirty. Not much different than the restaurant itself. The outside walls were plastered with graffiti and posters of concerts a decade ago. The ice machine was to the right of the door and rather close to it. It too looked old and disgusting like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Lucia walked over to it, opening it up to grab the ice. Cockroaches crawled over the machine and a few even went in it.

[Program: E̵r̸r̷o̵r̸] T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶s̶a̶n̶i̶t̶a̶r̶y̶.̶ ̶P̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶s̶i̶c̶k̶.̶ [Program: 47] Get Ice. Lucia filled the bucket and tried to get the bugs out of the ice. While doing so, a thud was made to her left.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 pm

As Lucia went outside she felt her name tag which read "Fancy" catch on the lapel of her jacket. A subtle reminder that the locals had their own set view of her, and that there was not much she could say or do to really change it. Looking up Lucia could see the painted sky of Arizona Colony. The light from the dim red star was fading as the sun began to set.

The tranquility of the old town and the day's end was interrupted by a thud. Luca saw movement, and looking down she was able to discern what had caused the sudden noise. A foot had struck the ice maker causing the cubes to shuffle and clatter about. Homeless people often shambled into this alleyway to escape the midday heat and get some sleep, though Lucia would see this fellow was not the usual.

His leg was off, digitigrade patterned, the boots he wore were split to reveal two thick powerful toes. A heavy jacket covered much of the body, which was now curling up into a ball. Lucia could then see a long, muscular, blue prehensile tail slowing curling up around the navy colored leather jacket. A few moments later she could hear deep, soft snore emanating from the trespasser. An alien. One of the first she had actually seen during her time on this planet.
Kiraawesomeness
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Kiraawesomeness » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Lucia closed the ice machine and placed the bucket on it. She started walking over to the alien in wonder. [Program: E̵r̸r̷o̵r̸] H̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶.̶.̶.̶ Lucia messed with it's jacket a bit to see it, as well as it's boots. [Program: 10] Unable to identify. She kept looking at it like it was going to do something. She poked at it a bit. [Program: E̵r̸r̷o̵r̸] P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶.̶.̶.̶