Denizens of The Shattered Universe

Roleplay that occurs inside the setting of Shattered Universe.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Denizens of The Shattered Universe

Post by Tony » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:51 pm

World: (Terra Nova)
Date: 03/3/3019
Time: 13:22

Three days had passed since Charlie had sent Aiyana and half his alien population off with that alien starship. Three days since his speech. The situation was tense. People had seen Adri and Charlie fighting like school children, and faith in command was fading. Outside of the primary compound, the remaining aliens had armed themselves and were speaking openly of simply abandoning the colony. Charlie had effectively sold them off to save the lives of the colony. While they understood the logic, these men and women of a different tace had no intention of experiencing the same fate as Aiyana. They stood outside with their weapons, and families, and were chanting and throwing rubbish at the main compound. "Charlie step outside! You are under arrest!" the ring leader shouted. "You betrayed us! You gave away our friends and family!" A megaphone enhanced voice belted out. The speech charlie gave was the only thing that held the colony from going into a full blown riot to depose him from command.

The disruption gave the colony pause, and some of the human members who agreed with their alien neighbors began forming in. Before long half, the colony was standing in a massive crowd ready chanting Charlie's name in unison. The Doctor would look outside and see nothing but the crowd, and rubbish being tossed about smacking windows and causing security to go on alert.

World: Unknown world
Date: 03/3/3019
Time: 13:22

Aiyana had spent three days onboard the alien starship along with other aliens of the colony. Here experience initially only seemed to intensify. Ayana had experienced slavery before but this was some how...harsher. She was not treated so much like an object of pleasure, but rather like a work animal. The elf woman discovered that these humans, had a special contempt for elves, and as such Ayana found her self subjected to their brutal treatment above all others. She was made to clean, move heavy objects. When she spoke out or objected she was beaten. Then they applied some sort of implant in the base of the slave's skull. The beatings ceased, and the devices gave the slave a swift sensation of agonizing pain.

Many of the people Aiyana had arrived with suffered death at the hands of their new masters. They were not fed, or cleaned. Aiyana had been stripped of her clothing save for a breach cloth that she had fought to obtain. Aiyana's skin was very quickly covered in filth from the abysmal working and living conditions. Sleep came swiftly, but that was difficult as Ayana was not allowed to lay down, and all the ship's slaves were made to stand, jam-packed into pens in the bowels of the starship. they slept for four hours, then resumed an eighteen hour work day that was non-stop and brutal.

Then after what felt like an eternity of hell...Aiyana and the other's were woken and force-marched through the ship to the main. Loading Bay. The doors of the bay were open, and Ayana could see outside. Snow. Sunlight. Beyond lay a planet, it was a winter wonderland. The fridged air gave the elf woman goose skin. But then the Ship's Captian started talking. He was a tall wiry man with a handlebar mustache and greying hair atop his rather handsome face. "Slaves. I have been informed that we must feed you. Well. Feeding is simple. We let you off the ship. You go out into the wilderness and catch whatever ya can eat. If ya can. If not ya gotta wait another three days. After eight hours if ya ain't back. We switch on the pain switch, and we leave ya on the planet, writhing in agony. So enjoy ya dinner!" He said smiling, flashing a set of well cared for teeth."

The slaves all disembarked. As Aiyana walked, a hand reached out and grabbed her. A Crewmember then drug Aiyana by her arm and threw her to her knees before the captain. "Here she is Cap'n the elf."

"Ah." The Captian said as he stood being dressed in combat armor by his crew member. "Not you. You get to be special. See I like these worlds for hunting. Elf is a great game. So I give you an hour head start. Then I set my hounds on ya. Then I come for you. If you live...you get a whole planet to your self. So, good luck."

It was then Aiyana was gruffly pulled towards the bay doors. She then felt a sharp pain as the crewman planted his boot in her buttocks, and sent her flying off of the loading bay and down into the snow of the planet.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Denizens of The Shattered Universe.

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:34 pm

The three days were hell, plain and simple it was hell. This was a whole new world of discomfort, pain, and humiliation on her end. The elf was quick to learn that they had a special hate for her kind and that just made them all the more eager to beat and humiliate the small female. Every so often she would have enough of the constant hitting and just burn one of them but that just made her receive an even harsher beating that made the simple bloody nose she got worse. After a time though some strange device was implanted at the base of her skull, her fingers would drift over it for a time before having to leave it alone to go back to work.

It wasn't long before those she was sent here with died from the abuse of these new masters of theirs, how she had survived was her sheer stubborn will power to not die at their hands. When it was time for sleep, she barely rested. Fours hours and having to stand did not aid in anyone resting well but at least they were somewhat warm being packed in like sardines. When their "rest" was over they were forced to work non-stop once more with no food or respite.

Today wound up being different as they were lead from their pens through the starship to the loading bay, her arms wrapping around herself out of habit as she waited and then watched as the door opened. Once opened she felt the slight warmth of the sun followed by the fridged air of the snow. Shivering now as she looked back at the captain, the burning anger in her eyes was enough to melt ice as she listened to him speak. Hearing that they had to go catch their dinner made her stomach clench, anyone would be lucky to find SOMETHING in this winter land but only either hours? That didn't seem possible.

As she was about to leave with the rest, she felt a hand on her arm and then herself being dragged to the captain. Her bright eyes narrowed in on him. She didn't hate many people but this person she did hate and all she wanted to do was rip that mustache off his face and shove it so far down his throat that he would shit out a fur coat.

As he told her his sick and twisted game, her eyes went wide, " No! You can't do that!" She shouted at him as she was roughly kicked out of the ship.

The cold shot through her body like the pinpricks of thousands of needles, her body shivering as she had to fight tears for how bad it hurt- plus side she didn't feel the beatings anymore. The elf looked back for a moment, a defiant glint in her eyes as she got up and if the door was open still and the captain in full view she wouldn't budge, " I will not play your game. I am not some animal to hunt so I won't hide. Not from you or your dogs. At least back where I am from, we don't treat humans with contempt because they can't manage to survive past fifty." she snapped at him. By this point her feet were freezing, " I'll see you in the woods...I hope you have a high fortitude." she called back at him. With all the calm she could must she turned and walked away with her head held high to find a decent spot to wait in the woods. Dogs didn't scare her, their minds were easy to override and turn against their owners no matter the breed and so with each pained step a plan started to form in her mind.
Adri Siglei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Adri Siglei » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:00 pm

The warm touch of the morning sun spilled over Terra Nova, her skies painted by the delicate hand of nature, where pinks and oranges intermixed with blues and purples to create an abstract piece that featured soft waves back to back, and sunlight descending from splits and cracks in the artwork. Terra Nova’s surface was flourishing with life, and with the rise of morning, the day-based woodland creatures awoke. The choir of songbirds filled the air, and the aroma of warm pine needles and damp soil wafted throughout the small settlement. Flowers bloomed underneath the kiss of the sun, and despite the tragedy of what has happened to this colony, there was still life and joy even amidst this depression. And this defeat in the face of Reservoir was only a dent in the production of the future, just as how winter strikes only to delay the rise of spring. As a people, only together shall we adapt and succeed.

But with the rise of another day, there also rose those same people, who were working together to confront their leader: Charlie Pavolav. By detaining him for his failure to gain victory over the extraterrestrial ship, perhaps the people felt that this would fill the growing craters in their souls, when really the society as a whole was slowly devolving, and through losing trust between leader and followers, all they were doing was tearing themselves apart. Because once Charlie Pavolav has paid for his defeat, whether with his own life or through some other means, who then would pay the price for when they came again?

Alarms began whooping all across the command post, where the security was being threatened by the protesters outside. Alone, Adri listened to the windows rattle with the debris they threw in frustration, the walls muffling their demands as the dravin seemed to pace in contemplation in his room.

At times, Adri would stand near a window and study the protesters below, noticing the weapons on their persons and the flare of hatred amongst them. This fire couldn’t be tamed so easily by Charlie Pavolav anymore, the fire fighters were out, and Charlie stood as a one man army against all odds. Against the only people that he found familiar anymore. In Adri Siglei’s eyes, all of these people stood together as like a massive and complex family. They were all they had, and it was disappointing to see them already delve into conflict between them and Charlie. Adri knew in his mind that there was only one way to try and put out this fire, and it wasn’t by letting Charlie Pavolav be detained, or through physical force. Using power to impose these people would only open the wound more. And so finally, Adri recognized a potential solution, and decided to try his chances before laying down in defeat altogether.

Charlie Pavolav might’ve seen Adri Siglei in the morning, standing by his uniform and armor perfectly set upon a rack, his hand tracing the three rings of the Foundation of Eimyrja’s flag that were sewn into the fabric besagew of the right shoulder. He seemed to be pondering heavily on something, a decision that could’ve been final, judging by how he looked to have been mourning in the sunlight’s glow.

Finally, after hours of thought, Adri gave Charlie a nod of like farewell, and walked out into the courtyard of the command post.

Without his Aviator uniform, he only wore the skintight gel underlay with standard military chaps and padded vest. Without the Aviator suit, the protesters could clearly study the mechanical parts of Adri’s body, the curved right leg and humerus’ of his back, the marks of a man who had been through some serious shit. And he walked with his arms up in surrender, and walked to the gates of the command post, where he stopped, and stood alone as perhaps the only person between them and Charlie Pavolav.

“I can’t let you people detain Pavolav. But with that being said, I also won’t try to stop you from what you people think is the right course of action.” Adri spoke up, his eye darting across the frontlines of the crowd, watching to see if anyone would attempt to step up and move past him. “Now, I know that you people feel that Pavolav has betrayed you. That the pain from losing those that you loved is digging holes into your hearts. Trust me, I know what it’s like to fail. I know how it feels to watch someone that you love be taken away, if not indirectly be given.”

Adri quickly scanned the crowd once more, and once he noticed that the people had anchored themselves in place, he continued. “But also know that in losing trust in each other, we are simply playing their game. That in falling apart, we can never hope to win. That if we don’t work together, we will ultimately all fail and die together.”

The dravin then clasped his hands behind his head, and sank down onto his knees with a mechanical strain from his right leg. He was not armed, and he wore no armor. If he had to die in order to have influence over these people and their judgement, then so be it.

“I won’t let you arrest Pavolav, and I will not let you pass these very gates without putting me to rest.” Adri declared with a long, shaky inhale. “I have fought my wars. I have seen the highs and lows of life, have battle against great odds and have both succeeded and failed. I am ready to be put down, if you people so desire. But know that if you shoot me down, that you are no better then they are. That you are playing the roles they have forced onto you. So go ahead and be the afraid little sheep they make you out to be, and water this soil with my blood, because I’m no sheep. I know that in death I would automatically win the war because only in death do I refuse to play their game where everyone else does. I know that in death I will rest in peace knowing that I did my absolute best. And so I ask you all...”

”Will you be the sheep, or the wolves?”
Charlie Pavolav
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Charlie Pavolav » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:29 pm

Charlie raised a brow as he sat behind his desk. “Seriously? Fucking riots now?” Charlie grumbled as he removed his glasses from his face and set them down on the desk. He stood up and grabbed his helmet from the drawer. For Charlie, the past three days had been more than a little hectic. While he wasn’t an engineer, scientist or other such high education job he was a manager of people. Thusly for the past three days Charlie had been doing things such as:

• Sending people out to the planet with abandoned cities to search for anything that might be useful (maps, weapons, armor, star charts, blueprints, equipment, people).
• Sending the Sojourner to the gas giant that they kept harvesting methane and hydrogen from in order to build a stockpile of the substance… which was currently being used to make missile and rocket fuel and also to power generators.
• Sending what few Marines he had left to start scouring the wilderness for anything useful.
• Sending a large majority of their industry to building the torpedoes that they were going to need to launch once those bastards returned.
• Managing the stockpiling of food, ammunition, weapons, explosives, fuel.
• Mapping the terrain via the use of drones, manpower and what few satellites they had managed to build.
• Drastically ramping up the number of hours the remaining Marines spent training for war
• Finishing the construction of the torpedo launcher which would defend their world from large vessels attacking it.
• Finishing the construction of flak batteries to defend their world from smaller vessels attacking it.
• Finishing the construction of adequate housing although this had taken a backseat due to the recent influx of available homes.
• Receiving information about the FTLP that they had sent to the system tracking the tachyon trail left behind by the bastard ships so that they could get sensor data about the star system in question.
• Using that information to formulate a plan of attack so that they could get their people back or at least start tracking them down.
• Using that information to determine how many of the Sojourner’s nuclear weapons were going to be needed in order to level the enemy colony since they seemed to have little regard, if any at all, to basic sapient or even human rights.
• Broadcasting a message of insanity across the galaxy that spoke about Charlie’s people going toe to toe with Reservoir although this naturally was left with little about their plans revealed (meaning no information at all about how they intended to fight was revealed) which would likely unfortunately lead to little outside help being given.
• Attending church alongside many races and species.

“I thought you told me that the situation was FUCKING HANDLED!” he shouted in the face of a nearby man whom had, unfortunately, failed at his job: being an advisor. Charlie meant him no ill will as a person but it seemed as though Charlie, the guy that was supposed to be hiring people that were competent in their fields (staff whom he had spared little expense in) were absolutely retarded. “Get out of my building! GET OUT!” he commanded, even going as far as to fling the other guy out of the window by force if necessary. They were on the ground floor at least. It wouldn’t hurt him to fall. Well… not much more than his pride.

He took a few seconds to compose himself. If Charlie hadn’t sent the fellow out of the building in a hurry he had likely done so with that man literally soiling his own clothing. “I’m sick and tired of God damn retards in my fucking employment!” he barked to the remainder of the staff as he walked through the command center. “If shit goes south outside and I end up surviving I will personally ensure that each and every last one of you is put upon a pike to die of sepsis! Now if there’s any incompetent fucktards still in here… GET THE FUCK OUT! “ he commanded the senior staff.

They seemed quite incapable of doing their jobs of informing Charlie of potential problems. That probably meant they were part of the problem. For a brief moment, Charlie considered merely getting high up into the third floor of the command center, getting his rifle, racking back the slide on the grenade launcher and letting a flurry of six forty millimeter grenades fly into the crowd of rioters. High explosives would clear the riot up quickly after all.

But then he returned to his senses and made his way outside. Though he wore his body armor he removed his helmet so that the people would actually be able to see his face and hear his voice. Charlie didn’t bother standing behind cover. He didn’t bother trying to make sure he had a superior firing platform. At this point; Charlie was about done trying to talk.

It seemed like talking had done absolutely nothing. Fighting had been pointless. Reminding the people of their heritage seemed like a good idea but he’d already tried stirring up the concerns of his people in order to rally them to war against Reservoir but instead the short sighted, insolate, retarded colonists had instead decided that somehow he was to blame. Wasn’t this typical of inner city folks from the core worlds? When did the rampaging virus of moron start running through his population?

Nevertheless, despite unity and spirit being two key talking points in his speech a few days ago it seemed as though there were some troublemakers within the crowds that either desired power or were too stupid to be allowed to live. Blood was going to be spilled today; not because Charlie wanted to but because people like that would shatter a colony’s resolve. So…? He made his way a little bit closer.

“GET BACK! GET BACK! GET BACK!” shouted one of the security officers whom slammed a baton repeatedly into another man’s leg which sent not only jolts of pain into it but of course electrical arcing. Taser batons were nasty and effective… especially on unarmored skin.

“You’d best stay down or you’re getting it again…” another officer warned a rioter as he kept his baton against the target’s neck while in his other hand was a loaded handgun full of live ammunition.

“Get’em.” One whispered to another as a pair of civilians approached a barricade. The dog that he was holding began to lunge forwards only for the handler to hold it there as if building up a charge on the doggo-cannon also known as a bork-bork nom-nom. “Get’em boy… get’em… get’em… Get’em! GET’EM!” the officer shouted as the dog worked itself into a frenzy and while it chased after the pair the officers riddled them from behind with pepper balls and microwave cannons designed for non-lethal riot control.

Meanwhile, Charlie waited and watched for what they would do to Adri. "Kill him and I'm nuking the remainder of this town..." he grumbled to himself. There wasn't a lot left stopping him. If they killed Adri then they were his enemy and if they were his enemy Charlie would perform asset denial upon Reservoir.
Last edited by Charlie Pavolav on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Denizens of The Shattered Universe

Post by CadetNewb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:11 pm

Unknown System
Unknown World

"You animal!" a voice cut through the air. Striding out from amongst the other slaves, a tall blonde beauty defiantly stood, placing herself between the elf and her captors. "Playing 'games' with her and your 'hounds'..." the woman's voice trailed off. "You and your picked men are going to ambush her in the woods and defile her, aren't you?!" she accusingly began, pointing a finger at these men of Reservoir. "I can feel your filthy gaze on her; hungry, ravenous, wanting!" the strange cat eared woman passionately yelled at the slavers, the slaves themselves starting to look at their captors with fresh disgust. "They're the eyes of a complete degenerate who thinks elves are only good for one, thing, and one thing only - unspeakable acts of debauchery! Muddying bloodlines, ruining lineages, interbreeding to create filthy half-humans!" She loudly cried out, clutching her head and clasping her ears down, in despair as the other female slaves began to cover themselves with their arms, looking upon the men of Reservoir like they were the lowest form of scum. "And you'll do this to her, again and again! THE HORROR!!!"

Marching a few steps forward, placing herself cleanly between the slaves and slavers, she threw her arms out as though to defend them all.

"I wont stand for you and your dirty, filthy men letting her go through this ordeal alone! Send me with her!" the woman demanded.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Terra Nova

Charlie's men laid into the rioters. he found that the people of the colony only seemed to grow more incensed by this. Yells of pain and hysterical roaring reverberated throughout the town. But the crowd surged forward biting back. The man who had penned a rioter down with a club was, in turn, struck across the face with a brick, and the crowd descended on him. Charlie's people were afraid, and that fear was going to consume this colony.

Adri hearing Charlie's muttering watched the scene unfold. He had taken his stand, yet something was wrong. Charlie had only inflamed the situation rather than acted and united his people. One of the marines standing guard stood fast, but he hesitated. "Somebody needs to do something. This is fucked up!"

Aiyana and Hilda

Hilda was not dressed much better than Aiyana was. As Hilda spoke the Captian of the ship facepalmed. "Oh christ this one again. Hilda....fine, but this time I am going to skin you and hang it up as a trophy...go on. Get after her."

Aiyana ran. The snow and frigid air made her flesh numb. Survival was the only thing that concerned her. As she ran branches and winter brush slapped against her flesh, cutting and scratching her body. But she could not stop, she knew if she did the people would murder her. Though her psychic abilities gave her a pang of fear; she was not sensing any dogs or wildlife in the area other than birds to summon for assistance.....
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Heard the other woman stick up for her, a part of her glad for a friend of SOME sort but that didn't help either of them in this situation. As she made it through the woods, she would find a sturdy tree and work to climb up it slightly- at least enough to stop walking on the frigged snow, " Gods...I hate winter...why this planet..." she muttered, rubbing her hands as frosty puff's left her mouth as she crossed her arms over her chest and rocked back and forth.

Even though she sensed the birds, none of them- save maybe the Ravens- could help her. " Ok...think...Yes you are cold, tired, and hungry but you are smart...come on...outsmart dogs...outsmart dogs," she muttered to herself as she looked around and then a bit of a clever idea came to mind, the trees!

With a smile, she pulled herself up, the cold was starting to not hurt as much- not a good sign in the slightest. Carefully she now started to pull herself up through the branches in the tree's, her eyes looking up to find a small conspiracy of ravens. Closing her eyes for a moment before opening them and locking them onto one of the dark birds, " Be my eyes, scout around us. Warn us when they come, please." she told them. Now, these were clever birds but it thankfully wouldn't take much of a mental nudge to make them do as she bid and it was worth the twin crimson streaks that ran down and slow froze on her pale cheeks, leaving dark red streaks on her all too pale face.

When the birds flew off, she went to keep climbing through the branches of the trees. The elf didn't want to leave footprints and so she decided to go forward and then backtrack some so that she could be close to the ship again when it was ready to take off. As much as she hated her captors, she would freeze to death here and she wasn't in the mood to be frozen for all of time. Her mind did wander back to the woman who stood up with her and she wondered if she was following her climbing lead or if the girl had a better idea then her current one.
Adri Siglei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Adri Siglei » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:48 pm

The sun beamed over the courtyard, glistening across metal and blood. The screams of women and children in synchrony with the cries of the songbirds who flutter to the sky, as Adri watched the situation only escalate into utter chaos. For a brief moment, Adri felt to have observed through an out-of-body experience, just a ghost who was trespassing the land of the living and seeing people for what they were. In this very same moment, which felt to have occurred for several minutes when it actually happened in just a flash, Adri had to assess the entire picture.

The situation was unraveling fast, and the people involved moved like currents in the ocean, crashing into each other as the protesters washed onto the authority. Everyone was teetering on the edge of war, of turning this very courtyard into a battleground and dressing the earth with more then just Adri’s own blood.

This... only proves my point, Adri thought, as he watched everyone only delve further into madness. This makes us no better then them. It doesn’t fix the situation. It doesn’t win the war against the enemy we equally share...

How did this even happen?

And suddenly, memories rushed through Adri’s mind, flooding around his ethereal presence and forcing him to see it all play out again.

Charlie did this...

He caught Charlie Pavolav by the arm. Someone could’ve easily mistaken him for clinging onto the man in desperation, near begging him not to proceed with his plan as people congregated into the shuttles.

”I implore you to reconsider!”

He gazed upon a person who’s ego would be the end of this colony, with a pride vying to stand on top no matter the cost; even if it’s with the very lives he was meant to protect. Already you could see the triumphant flare in how Charlie Pavolav stood, his confidence in gaining victory the thing that would ultimately destroy him.

”At the very least, tell me how you are going to move these innocent people away from this fight!”

And now... here we are...

These people weren’t wrong for how they felt. Their actions are natural for anyone who was betrayed by the one person they all trusted the most, Charlie Pavolav. But at the same time, he knew that this is all Reservoir wanted. Oh how they’d roll in it! The chaos and destruction, as everyone tore each other apart till nothing would remain! Till nothing would resist them! It was the easiest way to win any war, by indirectly damaging the foundation of society until the weight of it all brought it down. And where was that one person who swore to protect all of these people? The same person who neglected to listen to Adri, who might as well have truly sold off everyone that went up? Where was he?!

And slowly, Adri turned around.

Charlie was hiding in the safety of the command center and its walls, dependent on his security with that same confidence that brought everything to this very moment. Staff members began to scurry from the doors, looking either hurt or angered. More people that Charlie was damaging, and throwing away with the rest.

No more, Adri thought. This insanity ends now.

Even without his armor, Adri was quite powerful.
And some cheeky hits at his one good eye wasn’t going to be enough to deter him, as he emerged into the lobby of the command center to find Charlie Pavolav near a window to spectate the madness unfolding outside.

“Why aren’t you out there, Pavolav?” Adri asked him, the tone of his voice suggesting that already a decision had been made, he only now needed to perform. “Your people need you. They want to see you, and yet here you hide and watch. So tell me, why aren’t you out there with them? Or will you ignore me now like you did then?”

Adri moved to capture Charlie’s arms behind him, and if there was any resistance then he would’ve just beaten Charlie down into submission. Sure, Charlie was in armor where Adri wasn’t, but that would only ensure that he didn’t die from being pummeled down so easily. Any weapons that were on Charlie’s person would also have been seized immediately, and either thrown away or used to intimidate him into following Adri’s directions.

Once Charlie Pavolav had been apprehended by Adri Siglei, the dravin would haul the human outside one way or another, and bring him to his knees in the courtyard amidst all the chaos.

ENOUGH!” Adri then called out, holding Charlie down by clasping his hand against the back of his neck. “If anyone wants to come up here and try a damn thing, they will be fucked up and joining Charlie here six feet under! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!”

Adri wasn’t concerned of any retaliation from the protesters, but from the security which was working to keep the riot down... if you... want to see it that way. And to keep them at bay, he held up a pistol with his other hand and pressed the barrel against Charlie’s head to show that he was not fucking around. Though in all honesty, Adri didn’t want to kill Charlie just yet. Dirtying his hands with blood would completely defeat his argument, and human blood at that could cause conflict between the humans and aliens of this colony. And good ol’ Charlie here had already created enough tension by sending up half of the people, whether he meant to or not.

“You’ll all be listening to me now, and if anyone has a problem with that, then we can duke it out!” Adri declared, scanning the crowd all around him. “If we want to get through this and bring home those people, we have to work together! If we want to make those fuckers pay for what they did, we have to work TOGETHER. Now, who the hell wants to stand up and fight the real enemy here?! WHO?!”

Adri let the words echo out in the air, observing the people and probably rattling Charlie a few times just out of frustration. It was time to get our shit together, one way or another.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:02 pm

"Ah! The snow, it burns!" the elf heard a moaning cry from behind. Hugging herself as the biting cold seeped deep, the tall, buxom blonde from before rubbed herself a few good times to try and warm up before turning her attention to the elf. "If that group of degenerates catches us, they'll turn us into their sex slaves. Or worse - the dogs'!" she exclaimed, her feline tail standing up as a prickly bottle brush of distress. "What are we going to do?" she quailed, ears drooping as her feet deftly landed in Aiyana's own footsteps, bouncing about from one indentation to the next with ease. "O-oh! I've been rude! You can call me, um, Midnight! Yes! Just call me that!" the strange, strange woman offered to shake hands. "If you don't have a plan though, just leave it to me! I'll stay behind and buy you as much time as possible!" Midnight flexed one of her arms, the smooth, feminine biceps suddenly bulging in size as veins popped, the splitting image of a Herculean might.

"I-I'd rather not though! It's really embarrassing and I'm worried if my abs will look all muscly too!" Midnight then blushed.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 am

Terra Nova

Adri's voice seemed to slice through the chaos that was unfolding. But the image of the alien man having detained Charlie Pavlov had caused the crowd to calm, if only briefly. The respite lasted only a few moments, but Adri's maneuver had for the moment satisfied the rioters. Clutching Charlie and disarming him before the crowd had done wonders, however, Charlie's marines were fanatical in their devotion to him.

The Marines lifted their weaponry and aimed their guns at Adri. The Cheif Marine officer spoke. "You will release our commander, or we will make you release our commander." He was a lean, fit man with a short high and tight hair cut. "IF THIS CROWD DOES NOT DISPERSE WE WILL OPEN FIRE ON YOU."

Before Adri could make a decision, the crowd responded. The colonists had veterans in their ranks. Veterans who were themselves armed. Pistols and shotguns were drawn. Aimed at the marines, while the unarmed Civilians all fell back to hide in safety from the potential gunfire. One of the civilians spoke loudly so Adri could hear. "No. I'm afraid we can't let that happen, Colonial. Mr. Adri...we are at your disposal..."

Aiyana & Midknight

Hilda was not quiet. Aiyana saw the curvy, full figured woman dashing after her, naked. Yet being spritely about it. The insane woman was somehow happy about this. Being hunted and exposed was....pleasurable? Climbing the tree was a feat, but making it to the top of the forest canopy gave Aiyana a good view of the area. The "Crows" she encountered were some sort of alien flight bird, and they dashed off and circled around, their sharp eyes giving Aiyana a good first impression of this world.

Aiyana saw her captors prepping some kind of alien life form. They were thick, muscled creatures with toothy mandibles. Predatory, and hungry. Clearly nothing domesticated. This was bad because the creatures would be more difficult to control without focus...and there were six of them. The other birds, however, were...something else.

This world was something Aiyana had only heard about. The snowy terrain...only went on for a ten-kilometer stretch. Then it changed to a warm desert. To the east, the snow gave way to a low lying basin that was swampy and cool. West was rolling tundra with loose woods. The world was as far as she could tell from the general ten-kilometer radius around them...like a quilt of differing terrain and biomes all knitted together.

One of the crows zeroed in on a figure to the north. The terrain was warm green forest land. It wasn't one of the slaves, as this young woman while alien, was wearing clothing. She appeared to be scanning the area with a handheld device......
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm

When the feline female offered her name, she couldn't help the small smile that came to her face, " Well...they will have to catch either of us. Problem, were both basically naked in the snow and will eventually start to get hypothermic...but lets not think on that, shall we?" she asked her with a small huff as she climbed to another branch, " Well...my idea is to stay high up for the moment, the Ravens will tell me when they are coming and when they start coming well...I'm not going down without a fight if they find us up in the tree's." she told her. Once given her name, Aiyana moved down to her and took her hand into her cold one, " Aiyana and you look great miss, just keep moving...that's all I'm doing right now...I'll cry about the pain later." she told her with a small laugh.

Being strong for someone else helped, it wasn't just her now it was her and someone else who was just as cold-and probably scared- as she was. " Did you come from the colony planet or were you already on the ship?" she asked her curiously.

As she got up to the top of the tree, she noticed the strange 'hounds' that they were getting from the bird's eye view she had and a soft curse left her lips at the sight of them. " Well...I didn't know they had those sort of beasts..." she muttered, wiping her face some as she went to look around a bit more. She was glad to see that it wasn't all snow around them but getting far away would eat up most of their time but something or someone else caught her eyes. She narrowed her eyes some as she saw the female alien with an odd device and sending one of her alien bird friends closer let her see that she was scanning the area from the looks.

" Hey, Midnight...There is a dressed female alien...this may be a bad idea but it might be our best bet to get out of this situation- at least for a time," she suggested to her new traveling friend. Whether she agreed with what she suggested, Aiyana didn't see the harm in trying because if they did little to nothing they would die. So with a cold huff, she started to scale through the tree's to the north to get to this strange woman, her heart pounding with each step. She would check back in with her bird-friends to make sure they were yet to be hunted or that if anything changed they would be alerted to it.
Charlie Pavolav
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Charlie Pavolav » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Charile didn’t resist Adri as he was pulled along and practically offered as a sacrificial lamb. His armor would protect his chest but it wouldn’t protect his head if shooting started. His helmet lay… someplace. “You looked like you had a plan big guy!” Charlie responded as Adri began to speak to him about ‘hiding’ someplace.

He took note of a rookie Marine with his helmet off and Charlie sighed mentally as he was forced to kneel. There was shouting everywhere. People were angry. People were scared. People were hiding and waiting for the bullets to fly. Others were trying to quell the violence by physically pulling each other apart. Others were busying themselves with picking up those whom had been hurt by accident or on purpose to bring them elsewhere for someone to help or even helping them on the streets themselves.

And through it all Charlie saw merely one thing; a scared little girl whom had lost track of her parents and gotten lost in the crowd. She didn’t deserve it. She didn’t ask for any of this. None of them had. Not Charlie, not the Marines, not the workers and laborers, not the people that had entrusted his company of hardened bounty hunters and mercenaries to ferry them across the stars.

“Lower it.” He commanded one of the nearby Marines whom had his rifle raised. “Lower your weapons. There’s no sense in tearing ourselves apart.” Charlie commanded as one by one the Marines heeded his order regardless of their feelings on the matter.

And if there had been any Marines that resisted? A tiny utter of ‘incompetent and uncaring commander’? Charlie would soon rectify that. “Sgt. Gonzalez when we stormed Passchendaele during the Wehrmacht insurrection, where was I?”

“Well, sir, you ran up the enemy with bayonets and were first in line.” Sgt. Gonzalez, one of Charlie’s most experienced and loyal Marines, spoke up.

“And Private Horvath… when you lost your leg, who paid for it to be replaced?”

“You did, sir.” Private Horvath, one of the newer Marines, spoke up. To make matters even more in Charlie’s favor… Horvath wasn’t a human. He was an Anubian; a far cry from a human being even if they routinely helped one another.

“And when you were captured by pirates, Cortez? Who made sure you made it home to see your family and your friends?” Charlie asked as he slowly rose back to his feet as Adri let him. For now, he kept his hands low and instead made deliberate, slow gestures rather than quick and fiery ones.

“You sir. You made sure the Alliance Navy found my location and dogged those bearucrats until they gave in to find me.” The Marine responded as he lowered his rifle to port arms and breathed in.

“So why would none of you trust me now?” Charlie ventured as he stood up and walked closer to the Marines whom instinctively put themselves closer together as if preparing for some kind of inspection. Any Marines that hadn’t already lowered their weapons were doing so now and unyielding training on trigger discipline meant that the Marines’ weapons only fired when they were shooting a target. There were no such things as negligent discharges by the time that these people graduated. “I have led each and every single one of you into Hell and back and I have made sure that each of you, to the best of my abilities, has been able to come home safe and sound to your loved ones. Your friends. Your families. I have made every possible measure down to my last credit to ensure your homes are safe and protected by the finest armor available, the finest shields, the finest pilots and the best weapons and armor money can buy. I have sacrificed much for you.” Charlie began as he walked up and down the ranks of Marines.

He could see it in their vital signs that transmitted into his optical implant. Many of them were moved and reminded of just what Charlie had done for them. They were his soldiers and Charlie did everything in his power to ensure that they were comfortable and capable of surviving even the most hellish of conditions.

And many of them just wanted to run across the way to get to their loved ones that had come with them.

“There is much I have given up to make sure that you are alright. I have given up as much fortune as possible. As much of my own comfort as possible. I have given you my blood and my flesh.” Charlie continued as he pulled off the left gauntlet of his armor and ripped the synthetic skin from the metal bones underneath. Servos and motors whirred and clicked once exposed… and he turned to face the civilians.

They were going to need a softer hand. “Mrs. Cortez…” he began as he stepped towards Adri but did not advance past him. “When your husband was captured and you feared for the mounting bills after the Alliance proclaimed him dead… who made sure that your children and yourself had a place to stay?” Charlie questioned.

“You did, Mr. Pavolav…” she responded as Charlie knelt down and spread his arms.

The little girl that he had seen earlier sprinted over at the sight of her Captain. She knew it was someone that she could trust. Once she was closer, Charlie recognized her. It was Corporal Davis’s daughter; one of the Qualatians that had been abducted. “Hey there Ava.” Charlie cooed at her as she wrapped her arms uncertainly around his neck and clung to him. “You okay?” he asked her which prompted only her nodding her head. “We’ll do everything we can to get your mom back.” He promised her as he ran his fingers through her hair before handing her off to a nearby woman on the civilian side. “Take care of her while we’re gone.” Charlie commanded the civilian whom fortunately seemed to be one of the more reasonable ones.

“These Marines trust me with their lives… but it’s more than that.” He began as he folded his arms behind his back and paced before them. He didn’t care if the guns were still pointed his way. God had a plan for him to die… and who was Charlie to say anything different against that plan? “These Marines entrust me with the lives of themselves, their families, their pets, their children and their wellbeing. As often as I can I cut corners on my own budget; sacrificing my time, efforts and even my own payment in order to ensure that the ship never goes down. The Sojourner never surrenders. She never retreats just because things get hard. She never leaves anyone behind.” Charlie continued as he stopped in front of a particularly angry looking protestor. “This ship has served me for over a decade. When she has called for money it has always been my money. When she has cried for coolant… it has always been my coolant. When she has cried for blood… it is always my blood.”

“Whenever this ship ferries passengers this company has always ensured that each and every one of them has been accounted for. We always ensure that they are comfortable and well kept… and we ensure they always make it where they are supposed to go. Our time. Our work. Our blood.” He continued, making sure not to linger in one spot for too long before moving on so that he didn’t raise suspicions of singling anyone out.

Charlie stopped in front of the Marines and looked to them with a courteous nod. “These fine men and women have entrusted me with their lives… and I sent Marines to the skies to fight… and I was among them.” He stated. It was entirely true. Charlie HAD sent people to fight the encroaching aliens that had come to take away their people and belongings. “While I was airborne my shuttle suffered a critical engine failure and had to return to ground. Ask him.” Charlie said as he indicated one of the nearby mechanics whom immediately hung his head in shame for being a part of a protest that he knew was illegitimate.

“Or ask her.” He continued, indicating one of the pilots whom had tried to take him to the stars. “The pilot. She was driving the shuttle.” He stated as he stepped away from them and instead looked to the nearby hills where the skeleton of a building still hung. It was barely visible from here… but every last man in the crowd knew what it was nonetheless.

“And what of this?” Charlie asked as he gestured to the distant structure. “The torpedo… that you are in charge of building.” He spoke directly to Adri as he just as well made sure the civilians felt addressed as well. “The torpedo that we are going to use in conjunction with the Sojourner to ensure that these enemies can never take away anything from us ever again. So that we may live in peace, harmony and legitimate government that is as minimal as possible… and recognized only by yourselves; as it was back home.” Charlie stated as he looked back towards the civilians. “I have taken many, many, many hits to my personal health… my finances… my time… I could have immediately abandoned everyone on this rock and left you to fend for yourselves. It would’ve saved me trouble. I would have been fine. I did my job; got you to your destinations.” Charlie stated. It was true… and he seemed to be nearly incapable of lying.

“If you want to be mad or upset about the situation… I understand that. And I am sorry things had to be this way. But tearing each other apart is merely an opportunity for our enemies to pick up the pieces and dash what remains in a maddened grab for your power, your lives… and your freedoms.” Charlie pressed; hitting the points that mattered the most. For the majority present freedom was something that was unmistakably worse than death to lose. Especially the Marines… whom would fight to their deaths to ensure that every last man, woman and child here lived free on their feet rather than dying in chains of slavery on their knees.

“If you want to be mad… if you want to feel anger… then fine. Let it turn into rage. But stop directing it at the people that are so boldly giving their lives, time, money and sometimes even their own freedoms in order to make sure that you keep yours. Get mad instead at those damnable Vicky bastards that came to take it away from you instead.” Charlie continued as he pushed the direction of blame away from himself. He was innocent. He hadn’t done a damn thing and Charlie knew in his heart; he was right.

He turned his head back to the Marines whom dropped their weaponry and immediately began to, slowly, cross the distance between the two groups to embrace their loved ones which brought more guns falling to the floor one by one. “You and I, as I said before, have a rendezvous with destiny.” Charlie continued as he let more and more Marines bring themselves to their lovers, friends and children. “Now we all have our own demons. We all have things that keep us up at night. Let it be thoughts of rage and murderous nights spent spilling the blood of our enemies so that when the time comes we will fight like cornered animals and press our advantages to the point that regardless of their technology, regardless of their intention, their commanders, their numbers… we will have them know that we will and always have and always will fight on; through our foes, to our objectives and to triumph over all.”

“And if they think they can take what they want…” Charlie continued as he stepped slightly away from Adri and gestured to the nearby fields. “Then we will fight them. We will fight them on the beaches… we will fight them on the shores… we will fight them in the cliffs… on the plains and in the hills… we will fight them in the forests… we will fight them in the caves… we will fight them in the streets… and if necessary we will fight them inside our very homes. And for each inch that they take we shall spill their blood ten hundred million fold until it runs as an ocean; untamable and wild so that even after we are long gone the enemy cannot ignore that we were there. I say, personally, that we will not go quietly into the night. I say we will not surrender to them. I say that we are going to fight by sword, by gun and by bare hands until there is nothing left of them… and when the gun-smoke settles we will be left whistling a victorious tune…” Charlie continued as he began to foster the will of the people into a frenzy… directed at their enemies rather than himself and the Marines. “As I said yesterday; you and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will set forth this right for our children or we will lead them into a thousand years of darkness.”
Adri Siglei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Adri Siglei » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 pm

”IF THIS CROWD DOES NOT DISPERSE WE WILL OPEN FIRE ON YOU.”

”No. I’m afraid we can’t let that happen, Colonial. Mr. Adri... We are at your disposal...”

Waves of uncertainty began to flood Adri’s mind, as the weight of unease heaved down onto his shoulders and anchored him there into place. For one brief moment, Charlie might’ve noticed that the barrel pressed against his head was quavering in anxiety, where the dravin contemplated who the target was now, and the probable outcomes that would follow after whoever bit the bullet. His choices were vague, and he could feel the tension growing in the air for every moment that he didn’t yet act. He could back down, submit to the threat and appear weak to all of these people and fail them no different then Charlie had, or, he could shoot Charlie now and risk igniting a gunfight between the marines opening fire onto him, and the protesters onto them. He knew that he could also shoot the chief that spoke up, and hope that the other marines would simply back down. Here, the road divided into many paths, each just as unclear as the other the further down he tried to look from where he stood. And then, another voice cut into the pressure.

”Lower it.”

When Charlie pushed up against that hand around the back of his neck, Adri hesitated a moment, still unsure. He didn’t want to see more innocent blood be spilled. He’d seen enough white canvas be dressed in red from pointless war’s that could’ve been avoided. Especially since somewhere amidst the blur of it, there rested his heart. But eventually he allowed Charlie to rise up, lowering the gun to his hip so that he appeared less threatening, as well as to ensure that if Charlie moved to take it away he had the advatange.

Throughout the speech, the dravin seemed to delve into his own mind and hear it as some faraway echo, taking this time to ponder the situation while it all stayed calm enough to do so. Perhaps in the reality of it all, the core had dressed itself with a surface of confidence and pride in order to appeal and protect, and he seemed to contemplate the probable density of Charlie’s character as he watched a girl throw her arms around him. Sometimes a hero has to do bad things for a good cause...

And so at the end of the speech, Adri found that he was perhaps the only one who remained armed. He looked at Charlie, the neutral state of his face making it impossible to know what he’d decided on, the only thing that was certain was that the arm which held the gun began to slowly lift up, his finger hooking the rim around the trigger and his thumb pushing the grip up. He was motioning to turn the gun over and offer it back to Charlie, a gesture to show that they were on some good terms.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Unknown System
Unknown World

"Um..." the cat eared woman's voice trailed off. "To be honest, I don't think I'll be getting hypothermia anytime soon," Midnight explained. As Aiyana ran at her best pace, Midnight hardly stressed out at all as she hopped along, carefully making sure that her own footsteps fell within the elf's. Though this would prevent anyone following from realizing the blonde was with the elf, she did it as an afterthought. Instead, there was something else on her mind. "Trying to get some help from this alien couldn't hurt, since we can just run away and let them fight each other, but how do you know there's someone up ahead?" Midnight wondered, easily talking as she kept up with the elf's frantic pace. Her ears suddenly perked up.

"Ah, I hear them! Horrible, hungry beasts!" her tail stood up on end again. "Do you think the person ahead is part of their group, cutting us off?"
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Terra Nova

Having ordered his mean to lower their weapons, the Marines for a brief moment hesitated. They did not like this one bit, however, they had sworn their oaths and followed their orders. The marines all, in unison of motion lowered their weapons. They stood resolute but did not utter any more words. The whole thing had been stressful. Every event leading up to this had clearly affected Charlie's men, but for that nobody had been killed.

The civilians who had taken up arms advanced and seemed poised to arrest Charlie. "The ring leader was a grizzled scarred human woman. A veteran of some past conflict. She spoke. "Listen, we only want to detain Charlie in order to determine if he is fit for command. The decisions that have been made over the past few hours have been....disturbing...we are not going to harm Mr. Pavlov."

"Or us." The Marine officer said. "If Mr. Pavlov is being detained and arrested, then so are we." The man said as he placed his hands behind his head and dropped to his knees.

As this happened the other marines mimicked him, as if in protest of this entire situation. For whatever reason, the marines had opted to consign themselves to share their leader's fate. The officer spoke again. "You weren't there, ma'am. That ship was going to glass the colony if Charlie did not do what he did."

The woman wrinkled her nose at this. "That is probably why we need a trial...but Mr. Adri is in charge, we will defer to him from this moment on."

Unknown Planet

Midknight's ears were not lying. The hunting beasts were crashing through the woods, making high pitched clicking noises as they moved. The terrain was rough, but the pair kept moving. Snow soon drew thin. Aiyana could feel the air growing warmer, or maybe that was her flesh finally going numb from exposure. But soon the white gave way to the green.

Aiyana felt the grass beneath her feet and the warmth of the sunlight reinvigorate her body. That blue woman was very real. The young woman had blue flesh, and thick tendril-like hair pulled back behind her head. She was wearing a blue cargo jacket, and denim pants. From what it looked like the young lady was scanning the area with her PDA(Personal Data Assistant).

Taken by surprise, the two naked women frightened her. "Aaaaah!" She yelled, as she suddenly turned and fled from Midknight and Aiyana.
Charlie Pavolav
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Charlie Pavolav » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:42 pm

"Fine." Charlie responded as he waited for whatever fate was going to bring him.
Last edited by Charlie Pavolav on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:51 pm

" Well...I'm using those crows that are flying around to be my eyes and see around, they saw her but they also saw the beasts that will be chasing us once he lets them loose," she told her as a shiver ran through her. Closing her eyes for a moment as she let out several cold puff's of air, " I can control maybe one...two max of those beasts but thats it, they're not typical dogs." she told her as she kept going north. It was turning into a mental chant for her, North...north...don't stop or you'll freeze. . Her question pulled her from her fridged thoughts, " Well...shes alien from looks. What kind, I don't know but those humans hate aliens, so safe bet that she isn't with them." she told her, praying her conclusion was right.

As they both kept traveling, she found the air getting a bit warmer and her skin not feeling so much like an ice cube and when it looked like grass, she hopped down and sighed, " Not snow." she said with a smile. As they kept walking she almost wanted to wave at her but it seemed the opposite happened and she fled, " Wait! Please! We need help, please!" she yelled out after the running blue woman.

Ok now was the time to run, "Let's go, we don't have long." she told Midnight before she started to run after her, praying that she might stop to let them explain. As she ran, her arms crossed over her chest slightly- to minimize the painful bounce- as she jogged after her.
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Location Unknown

That wasn't supposed to happen.

Monika knew Sura's voice, and that definitely was her's. Still at the ship, she gave a look towards where Sura had last been seen. She didn't have a good feeling about this. Racking the bolt back on her G-16 LMG and pressed two fingers to her right, almost elf-like ear. "Sura? You okay?" She didn't wait for a response, she already began moving. Her leather Gentartesboote Korps jacket tails were flapping behind her as she ran and again pressed two fingers to her ear. "Sura, Sitrep." When she didn't get a response she cursed out loud and brought her feet up to a dead sprint.

Rounding a knoll, she saw her about four hundred meters away. "Scheiße, turn on your damned radio." She brought her LMG up to shoulder as she saw two figures begin to move in behind her. She raised an eyebrow as their lack of clothes became readily obvious. What also drove her confusion was how distressed they looked. Her time in the G-Boats had taught her to partially read lips, and what they were seeming to say didn't imply any due harm. They were naked for Kaiser's sake, what harm could they do? She lowered her weapon and pressed into her ear one last time. "Sura, what the hell is going on?"

She pulled at her jacket for her transmitter and realized it wasn't all the way on, just plugged in. She cursed herself again as she turned it on and repeated her last statement. "Sura, what the hell is going on?"
Adri Siglei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Adri Siglei » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:23 pm

No.” Adri said, a stony impact on his tone. The dravin made himself the middle bar once more, vying to fill the space between Charlie Pavolav and the protestors. And he then planted his hands onto the woman’s shoulders, his intense gaze trading between each of her own eyes. “We have all made our mistakes. Some are more severe than others...” Adri trailed off a moment, a look of concern furrowing his brows. “But if you want a trial, then let it be through combat. Put this man on the frontlines to face off with the enemy, so that he can fight to prove his worth as a leader to you once more.”

Adri moved his hands off of the ring leaders shoulders, turning to the marines whom all come to kneel around their cherished captain. Some of them must’ve been young, and it was almost sad to see someone be so loyal to the same person that may very well lead them to their graves. But, on the other hand, you also had to respect them for their discipline. And then Adri turned to face Charlie, a glimpse of despair in his eye.

“Charlie Pavolav, I sentence you to trail through combat, to prove your worth in command. But know that you will be fighting for the trust of these people, whom you’ve sworn to protect. Know that while you may fall, it is so that they may rise, for honor and for Gloria.” Adri began, turning to recite some of the order for a dishonorable discharge in the Foundation, and carefully making adjustments to the order. “Know that from your back, I shall strip you of your flawed pride. And that from these scars, you will either become a man who has learnt from his mistakes and become wiser, or, a man who has only delved further into his own madness. Know that on this day, you shall begin to walk this earth dishonored, now and until proven fit to fly once more.”

Adri would apply the proper marks to Charlie’s back later, but for now, he turned to face the protesters.

“They might’ve taken from us that which we love. Our family and our friends. But they will soon know that they have struck flint to stone, and that on that day, they declared war. But this war will just be another winter, and we will show them that we the people will adapt and overcome, for we have seen the faces of death far more intimidating than their’s. We will take back what they stole, and more! We will survive! And with the fire that they ignited, we will win! But we must stand together, we must stand strong! So, I ask all of you, WHO’S STANDING WITH ME? WHO will stand up and fight?!”
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:39 am

Running after the elf, Midnight bounced freely and painfully as her cheeks glowed a rosy red.

"You said one or two, does that mean at once, or in total? I've got no idea!" the cat eared blond replied. "Though, if you could keep controlling one at a time over and over, you could thin out their numbers that way," she mused, the cold doing little to actually slow her down other than just feel painful. "B-but don't do that! It'll thin our their numbers!" Midnight suddenly realized. "It's better if they, uh, get ahead of their handlers, and I can fight them off instead!" she suggested. However, it wasn't the only thing that the elf mentioned, not in the slightest. "But that person, what do they even look like? All sorts of aliens hate humans! We could get caught right between them if we're not careful!" Midnight's eyes suddenly sparkled. Rushing forward with superhuman speed, the blonde quickly scooped up the elf under her arms like a sack of potatoes and took off.

"If they're Taianese, we'll end up as pampered slaves if we're lucky. Atraxians though, they'll likely turn us both into their sows!" she madly grinned, a hint of drool running down one side of her mouth.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:23 am

Attila was forging the nearby area for edible berry and such "To much time on the ship with no legroom damn." he inwardly cursed to himself as he began using his knife to carefully cut the frayed strings on his hunter bond when he heard the scream. getting up he began bounding for the area his 8 foot tall wall of muscle body lumbering with his veracious ammo pouches and leather straps.

rounding the corner seeing this he turns around embarrassed at the sight of the two naked women "Hey Sura mabie next time try to differentiate between a I'm in trouble scream and a exited to get some tail scream k?"
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Terra Nova

The Veteran woman stood in her khaki colored jacket, stone-faced at Adri's decision. She then nodded. "You heard him, return the marines their arms," he said sternly. The veterans were not disciplined like the marines, they grumbled but one by one they obeyed. There the Marines, rose once more ready to face whatever was to come with their leader. Death, dishonor, or victory, the marines had made their choice, and that choice was to share the fate of Charlie Pavlov.

The woman turned back to Adri and Charlie. "In any event, we need to come up with a plan and fast. Those psychos caught us by surprise. Next time we need to be ready for them. We need to know who they are...where they come from. Charlie...you swore vengeance. Well, we need more than revenge. We need a victory."

Unknown World

Sura did not instinctively reach for her radio as Monika had wished. Sura ran swiftly and nimbly, however, her powerful Gartagen legs being accustomed to swift bursts of speed. She soon dashed past Atilla, before circling. "This world didn't show signs of intelligent humanoid life!" She panted. "So yes that was a scream 'of I'm in trouble!"

Monika saw Midknight and Aiyana through clearly enough. Her HUD scanner identified them as a Taianese, and an elf respectively. Both were running, naked and clearly in rough shape. Yet they had no weapons to speak of. Monika then saw them.

Six hulking beasts came crashing out of the woods. They had large forelimbs, and large mandible equipped jaws that folded in like petals on a flower. The jaws were filled with dagger-like fangs. They were rapidly closing the ground between them and the two women.

Aiyana could hear them, they rhythmic clicking, and the heavy thumping of their four legs as the galloped across the field. The relief was soon cut by the sound of shrill screech. A blood call. The creatures were alerting their master that they had flushed the prey. Atilla felt Sura's clawed hand touched his muscled bicep. She peered out at the scene. "Well that changes things...we have to help them!" She said tugging at the mountainous man. Sura Drew her pistol and aimed. "Run!" she said yelling at Midknight and Aiyana.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:51 pm

" I can control one or two at most at once, the more there is and the smarter they are will make it even harder." She explained to her. Also, she wasn't the best with mental manipulations but she wasn't going to let the other female know that. At the mention of fighting them off, she felt a shiver run through her body, " Those things...I don't want either of us to get torn up by those things, so if we can stay ahead of them until we get some high ground or someplace safer, then we might be able to fight."

The moment though that the blonde picked her up, her eyes went wide and she started to squirm around to try and get free, " Please put me down! My legs work just fine!" she told her in a small panic. Over the years, she had become averse to most contact with other people so this scooping up was - even though well-intentioned- made her flip a little bit.

" I don't know, she was blue. I don't even know what those species are, I just know she was blue-skinned and then she ran away." Aiyana told her as she kept squirming to get free so she could run on her own.

Just as she was going to free herself though, a sound she hoped she wouldn't hear was filling her sensitive ears, " Shit." she whispered as she yanked from her friends grip to start running, " RUN!" she yelled at Midnight but just as she did she heard the other woman yell back and nodded, " We aren't stopping! " Aiyana said, unable to help the bit of sarcasm that was in her voice as she tried to regulate her breathing. This day couldn't get any worse she figured- first she gets booted out to be hunted, then they somehow scare another alien girl AND THEN they managed to get hunted by a pack of alien dogs that want to chew on them like milk bones. Yep, she knew if she EVER saw her captain again she was going to beat him senseless for a hot minute.

With a bit of an attempt to give them some advantage, Aiyana closed her eyes while running, focusing all of her energy into her hands, the amount of effort that was taking from her state was making her sweat but she didn't stop. Moving off to the side so she wasn't right by Midnight and threw a melon-sized fireball at the leader of the hound pack. She watched as it hit in front of it but she didn't stay long after that. At this point, she had fresh streaks of blood running from her nose and eyes, her vision blurring as her head pounded from how much she had used today. The elf just prayed she could make it to relative safety before she collapsed from the drain it took on her.
Charlie Pavolav
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Charlie Pavolav » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:40 pm

“We know where they come from.” Charlie stated as he gestured to the command center. “We can follow their tachyon trails whenever they jump. It’s a relatively simple method but I don’t claim to know how it works. I’m not an engineer.” He stated as he pointed back behind the veteran woman to the torpedo launch site. “We get one shot at this… so we’d better make it count.” And then? He began to detail the plan.

“When the enemy comes this time we will have a trap ready. Obviously they have either no interest or a general disregard for the capabilities of the Sojourner as otherwise they probably would have moved into system and shot it down before approaching the planet.” Charlie began as he drew in the dirt with a stick so everyone could see.

“We launch that torpedo in the launch site. It’s not equipped with stealth technology… so it’ll serve as a decoy. It’s equipped with large amounts of armor and other redundancies to make it a lot harder to shoot down though. While they’re busy with that, the Sojourner is waiting in position close to where they F-T-L into system and goes dark; no power, no light… nothing. Minimal power enough to keep life support running. From her, we launch a full barrage of boarding torpedoes. These torpedoes will carry as many Marines as we can spare and as many volunteers as can be done… Balalonians having priority due to their culture and their methods of engagement.” He continued as he drew a mock diagram in the dirt.

“Our targets are aft steering, the bridge, reactors and their F-T-L drives. We take control of these hardpoints and we can keep the ship from leaving. While we’re up there… the Sojourner will be filling their communications relays with static and white noise to prevent them from squawking back for help.” Charlie continued as he drew next a star system; theirs specifically… then neighboring star systems.

“Throughout history, slave and peasant uprisings are fairly common in human society. I don’t see why that would change here even if these uprisings were generally unsuccessful. However… we’ll need help. Ships, guns, troops… everything.” Charlie kept on.

“So? That doesn’t solve the issue of where they come from.” A voice chimed in.

“That’s part of the reason we’re taking the ship. The tachyon trail gives us the location of one system… but I’m certain they don’t fly by eyesight; just like us. My guess is that they’ve probably got some decent star maps in that bridge of theirs. We take the ship, we take the maps, we take back any of our people that are still on the ship and from there we make another plan. Right now… we can’t make a grand plan to overthrow a government we know little about. But what we can do is kick in their teeth and keep them from overrunning us in six months.” He explained as he picked up a tiny pinch of dirt and ran it between his fingers. “Which in turn also of course gives us the locations of diplomatic allies… people that don’t like these people that came. Which means we know where to flee to in case of trouble that we can’t handle.”
Adri Siglei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Adri Siglei » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:46 pm

“We don’t need to worry about their location right now,” The dravin stepped up to the woman, a passive move for dominance. Adri felt the vibes of a potential challenger shed off this veteran woman, but the dravin was careful in whatever choices he made around her. “Right now, we need to worry about the safety of our people. When they come again, I want to be able to tell them to go fuck themselves, and know that whatever they do next cannot harm they who walk on this planet.”

“I want bunkers built down in the mines, with other routes of entry and exit. I want them to be stockpiled with enough resources to outlast any planet bombardment or raids.”

The dravin observed Charlie Pavolav’s earthen sketches, marveling at what he had planned. It’s not that tracking the enemy shouldn’t be a concern, but rather that this colony needed to play defense, considering their great disadvantages. That meant they had to look beyond the arsenal, and plan for the worst. They needed to ensure the safety of the colonists, so that they had more options then just giving up next time.

“We need to work together on this. And we need to work efficiently if we hope to get things done on schedule.” Adri explained, peering across the sea of civilians. “We will win this.”
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:16 pm

Unknown World

"Well, anything to give us an edge!" Midnight loudly replied, letting the elf go as she tried squirming out. "Oh gosh, it looks like those people in front of us have guns! Are they going to shoot us?!" the blonde's voice reached a crescendo. As the glow of fire briefly lit their figures however, the feline woman realized that she had overtaken her companion, blood slowly seeping from her eyes and ears. "Uh, let's try running a little diagonal to the people with guns. That way, they'll have better shots at the creatures!" Midnight suggested. "And, are you sure you can keep running? I'm strong enough to carry both of us you know, and I've only been making sure to keep pace with you, really!" she innocently admitted. "I didn't just want to leave you to the dogs, since it'd be unfair if you got bitten, mauled and maimed by them all alone!" her cheeks glowed at the thought.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 pm

*unknown world*
Astilla didn't say anything as the audiable clacking of his ammo belts and straps we're removed .Soon fallowed by him untying his hunters bond from his leg and with his knife cut a small gash into his hand before rapping the hunters bond around it

"Elders give me strength to put another beast to rest."

Preyed to himself as he walked forward. His walk turning into a jog, and the jog to a run every movement every fiber showing his movement as he ran with intent to kill those after these two ditching his armor since it would slow him down.
*I failed once protecting others I may not know these two but my people wouldn't forgive me if I failed twice*

With his knife in one hand and hunters bond in the other he ran headlong twords the nearest beast with the goal to tackle and gut it.
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Monika brought her G-16 to her shoulder and lined up on the first dog, only to growl in her tongue about the hunter screwing up her shot. She had a full magazine, she felt the weight of it on her left arm. It took time to line up the perfect shot on the second dog and its companions. In an attempt to not hit the brawny hunter going full bore against a dog with a knife she took a knee and pulled the sling taught. She never understood his people, both with her own eyes or through the periscopes of her old G-Boats.

She took a long breath and exhaled down. Taking in another breath she held it as the sight picture got clear and coiled her finger around the trigger. She needed bursts, the Rail-Assisted LMG still had a kick and dispersion. She pulled the trigger to the gate and made an another adjustment before pulling all the way through.

DA-DOOM-DOOM-DOOM-DOOM
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 am

Terra Nova

The woman listened as both Adri and Charlie spoke. Adri had the right of it. They needed to set up defenses planetside. Bunkers to hide the people when the shooting began. She nodded to the Dravin. "I'll have construction teams diverted to this immediately. I also recommend...if the Sojourner has spare hull guns, we might be able to modify them as planetary batteries. We have a limited production method, but if we had a way of shooting back from the planet, we may be able to catch that ship in a two-sided strike." She added.

As they spoke the operations team had been standing behind the trio when one spoke up. "Gravity fields obscure our space scanners. It does the same on the Sojurner...if Sojourner hid behind this world's moon Charlie's ambush strategy could work. But analysis of our scans indicates that the ship is working with some pretty powerful technology. We may be outmatched...."

Unknown World

Monika's shot struck one of the Beasts as it closed on Aiyana. The round struck the alien in its right shoulder, then in the belly. The beast's run continued, but the right leg collapsed, causing the pink-skinned aberrant to tumble end over end into the dirt. Glowing green blood began to pool out around the dead alien. One down, five to go. Monika had saved Aiyana's life, and the Elf seemed to slow as she focused her mind onto one of the beasts.

Aiyana felt the animal. Base emotions, hunger, the hope of reward and food. It was thinking of how to best rip the big man's guts out of his body and to feed on them. Then there was fear. Aiyana felt the Creature try to resist...then it panicked...and Aiyana felt her mind crush the animals like a grape between the index finger and thumb.

Atilla would see one of the beasts simply slow, and halt coming to a standstill. But to his right, there was a blur. The massive man had been flanked. Mandibles snapped up, into the man's chest, and the animal threw its claws up attempting to sink its two powerful hooked talons into Atilla's flesh.

Midnight had been run down, three of the beasts cut off her path, and were now circling her. colloidal drool drip down onto the ground from their flower shaped mouths. Then they paused in unison, and let out shrill high pitched squeals that reverberated throughout the woods. Midknight, in her time with these people, had seen her former master do this hunt on the slave before. She knew this call all too well. It was the call his precious pets made when they had cornered their quarry.
Charlie Pavolav
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Charlie Pavolav » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:29 am

"Maybe." Charlie responded as he drew in the dirt. "A planetary defense cannon has issues though. We know that from fighting the Hierarchy. It's why the Alliance favors highly mobile, very aggressive warfare so we never fight on our soil." He began as he listened to what they were saying.

"The bunker idea will be easy enough to implement. We already have the equipment and resources to build something as a start today. But the cannons... that's another story." he continued as he swiped his hand over his wrist and brought up a display of the colony.

"If we keep the cannons on the ground they're vulnerable to orbital bombardment or air strikes. They also will have to fight gravity to get the shell into space. Then there's the issue of firing them without them crumpling in on their own recoil, laying a sturdy enough foundation and of course we have the shockwave that will come from the cannons firing and the EM fields they produce will likely scramble any nearby electronics since we won't have time to put in the proper shielding without seriously gutting the Sojourner. " Charlie continued as he displayed a hologram that showed the process. "It will be easier, cheaper and more efficient to put them behind another planetary body or even just put them in orbit around this world." He stated as he showed them what to expect.

The design was simple... but effective enough. They'd take a few cannons from the Sojourner and place them in orbits that could be easily adjusted via the use of a few ion thrusters cannibalized from the shuttles. "This means we aren't fighting gravity. We can maneuver the cannons if we can't get a firing solution with them in space too. And to make it even better... we can control them remotely from the command center which gives us additional options if we need to bombard the surface in the event that our enemies have landed but not taken the cannons out."

"And... this is less taxing on our shuttles as well since they're already shielded for that kind of EM pulsing, we have very few pilots remaining and an excess of shuttles. We can still launch the torpedo from the surface, launch cannons from orbit, the Sojourner can keep her part of the plan and we can use the planet as a shield to keep the cannons safe. As well as our people... who won't need to be exposed to the surface in order to fire them remotely."

"And even better... we can easily remount those cannons so that the Sojourner doesn't sacrifice her firepower when we go on the offensive."
Adri Siglei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Adri Siglei » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:58 am

“There are potential flaws with this plan, Pavolav,” Adri began, the way that he was stroking his jawline with his thumb suggesting that he was marveling at the plan sketched into the earth. “If the guns are just in orbit then they might as well have been built on this planet. Not to mention that with each shot they would be shoved back, which is good for creating distance between them and the enemy ship, but bad for when they may need to adjust course to prevent being shot up. Not to mention that for the shuttles to keep it in place even when firing is not energy efficient, and adds the risk of some of the engines burning up from being overworked.”

The dravin’s quills rustled softly, like pine needles that were caught in the wind, only his were made of seemingly-carved bone and so when they connected together they clicked. He was pondering.

“I vaguely recall an asteroid belt upon my ventures around Sol Novum,” Adri turned to look at Charlie, his tail swishing slowly like some curious cat’s might. “Perhaps we could construct some gunnery into a few of those asteroids? It would give natural camouflage, some protection against any bombardments, and we’ll give each one a singular engine and thruster system to keep them aligned. We would still have the risk of overheating engines and thrusters, but as a last resort we’ll use this flaw to crash the asteroids into the enemy ship. So sure, the enemy’s sensors may gather that the guns are there, but which rock are they?”

The dravin locked his fingers together and clasped his hands to the back of his head, looking over at the veteran woman with his one good eye. It was an awfully convenient thing that she was standing at that side and not his blind side.

“For now, I want those bunkers to be top priority. I want a new command center installed, and some kind of way to deflect scanners.” He began, briefly scanning the crowd every now and again. “I’ll be working on getting in touch with the Zahkarien, for additional hands and weaponry. We are going to play a game of everywhere and nowhere with Reservoir, but I want those bunkers made before we consider tactics and weapons. That way, we have time to trade ideas and make a final plan. Sound good?”
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 am

Chaos. That is what this felt like in spades with what was going on but when the stranger helped her- saved her life from being a living chew toy snack, she almost wanted to scream, 'thank you!' but her lungs were too busy trying to bring air into her heaving body as she tried to escape these things.

Once in the mind of the creature and once she broke it, she just looked back at it as it just sat there now. Taking rapid breaths, her mind was quick to overtake it's and give the order to attack its fellow hounds that were surrounding Midnight, * Help her. GIve her a chance to escape.* she urged the now mind-broken beast. A part of her felt utterly guilty at what she did with it but it was desperate times and he had to.

At this point, she probably looked a wreck as she stood off to the distance, not leaving her friend along as those things let out a shrill squeal that told their handler that they caught something but as they howled out the one she had control over was barreling towards them and tackling one of them around Midnight. At this point, Aiyana was now doing well but if she could get her friend out of the circle of doom- or at least a chance to do so- then she'll do it.

For however long she had control of the beast, she made sure it just attacked his companions. The elf pushed hard in its mind that those were food for him and he needed to take them down and she hoped that was a good enough mess for the beasts, " Run Midnight!" she yelled out to her while the alien dog things fought.
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Monika went to move to the next beast but was confused by its sudden decision to attack its brethren. Taking the chance, she switched to the rest of the pack. She thought three shots each would be enough, four if she was being frisky, and lined up to the closest of them. Her finger curled around the trigger and squeezed for a second, the rapid burst belching rounds out of the muzzle with deadly intent.

Immediately she went on to the next, then the next, then the next before finally going down to a semi automatic fire mode to try and pick off the hounds attacking Attila. She had to be more careful, as if she screwed up the rounds would pierce Attila's skin with unbridled power. She took her time, only firing once she had a clean shot to either the head or the center of mass of a hound. It was warm around her hand, she loved that feeling. Even if she would've been more comfortable from behind a periscope, she still loved that feeling.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:13 am

Unknown Planet

"Oh no!" Running slowly, Midnight didn't leave the elf behind to be maimed and mauled by the dog-aliens alone, just as she said. However, now that she was surrounded, the Taianese woman realized that this also meant that she was in easy reach of the creatures as well. "They're all circling me, mouths hungrily drooling as they call for their masters!" the blond realized out loud. "Are they going to wait so that their handlers have their way with me? Or are they going to pounce, tearing me to pieces on the spot?!" she thought in a panic, her hands held up to her head in alarm. "Or, are they each going to grab me by a limb and simply start pulling, pulling, PULLING?!" Midnight's heavy chest rose and fell, faster and faster as she tried to predict what the alien dog-things would do. However, Aiyana's voice quickly shook her out of her fear filled reverie.

"Oh, right!" she suddenly realized. Crouching down, Midnight suddenly shot high up into the air as she somersaulted over the creatures, landing clear of them by more than a dozen meters before turning to do just as the elf had told her to do. "Ah, they're chasing me again!~" the woman cried, her feet carrying her far faster than any human could as her pursuers tried to keep pace.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm

As Astilla ran twords the dogs he Heard but didn't register the gunshot only caring he wast shot when he noticed that one of the dogs had gotten shot. However as long as it took him to look at the injured dog he didn't realize he was getting flanked till he turned to see another dog mid strike. With little time to act and no time to dodge he closes the distance with the dog, arm raised and leaning into its attack using his arm as shield to protect against were it strikes while with the other hand carrying his knife thrusts it upwards aiming for the dogs mid section letting out a yell as he prepared himself for taking the hit but also dishing one out.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 am

Terra Nova

The woman nodded at Adri's words. "Yes. Agreed. I will see to it that those bunkers get constructed as quickly as possible." She then turned, her long salt and pepper hair had been pulled back into a tall slender braid. She waved her hands at her men. "We have a lot of work to do. so round up anybody who is capable of picking up heavy stuff!"

The time for conversation was over. Now was the time for Action. As for Adri's people...was bringing them into this the best idea? Adria had the resolve, but that doubt crept into his mind. This was hardly their fight, to begin with. Truth be told this was not even Charlie's fight.

For Charlie the situation had been averted, but the fight was coming. No matter what choice, success or failure. Charlie knew that this was a fight that had come to him, and not the other way around. Whatever mistake was made, this was not over for Charlie. Then suddenly it struck Charlie. His starship could listen in on hyperspace communications. Perhaps, they could reach out and find an ally!

Unknown World

Atilla's knife slammed into the body of the alien monster. Ice cold blood washed over his hand as the animal squirmed and squealed. Hooked talons dug into Atilla's flesh, but were met with steel muscle. Atilla felt the pop of around bearly missing his head. Then the thump of it striking one of the other beasts in the face. The anima;'s flower head exploded, and its body crashed into Atilla and his own kill. Atilla's meaty frame bucked with the impact but he was not blown over.

Midknight's acrobatics in a way left Aiyana wanting. The voluptuous second class Tai Pan woman left the much more slender elf feeling slightly outclassed. Midknight landed, causing the dogs to scatter about. Then Aiyana's beast surged forward.

The animal charged, only Aiyana's sensitive elven ears perked. A dull sound filled the air, one only she and maybe Midknight could hear. The three remaining beasts perked up, then suddenly turned and ran away just as swiftly as they had arrived. Aiyana's mutt was soon shot by Sura who had advanced past Monika. "What? Why are leaving? What is this all about?

"Are you two okay?" Sura added, the electronic hmm of a translator audibly working her voice over so that Midknight and Aiyana understood her.
Charlie Pavolav
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Charlie Pavolav » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:49 am

"Well, looks like this guy has it all under control. Listen to him." He told the Marines as he indicated Adri nearby.
Last edited by Charlie Pavolav on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:24 am

The elven woman watched as the others seemed to be able to handle the bests better then they could in their present moment. She moved to lean against a tree, panting some as she watched Midknight flip out of the circle with ease. To her, that made her a little envious but she gave credit where credit was due for someone who knew how to move their body in such a way.

As the animals started to charge once more, her ears started to throb a little at the dull sound in the air, her head turning to where it came from. Aiyana watched as the beast ran to where the sound came from and when she was about to call her mutt she was sad to see it shot down. With a small shaky breath, she looked over at the two that were talking to them.

" They were hunting us...some twisted game or something for the captain of the ship," she told them, her body sliding down the tree. She was exhausted from running and using so much of her abilities without a proper recharge.

At the question, if they were ok, she almost wanted to laugh at that. She was far from ok but they weren't out of danger yet, " I've had better weeks...those things master will be coming again or he will hit the lovely shock thing at the back of our skulls to leave us writhing in pain until he finds us." she told him as she forced herself up. It would be the first time she really noticed she was almost naked and that made her a little self-conscious of her nude body. Moving her arms to wrap over her breasts she kept looking back nervous to where those hounds ran off too, " Something called them back though, did you hear it Midknight?" she asked her friend curiously.
Adri Siglei
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Adri Siglei » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Terra Nova, Sol Novum

As the woman turned around, Adri watched as the sunlight shimmered over that peppered hair like a L’oreal Paris commercial, marveling over how that one blink of the sun captured her face in all it’s majesty. Those deep green eyes, and the sense of power that shed off her person. He couldn’t help but feel that brief moment of his heart skipping, especially when he studied the back side. Ahhh, he hated to watch them go, but loved to watch them leave. If it wasn’t for the fact that he had bigger things to worry about, he might’ve been all over that.

Contacting a Superior was already a chore, and a dreadful one at that. With the doubt that crept into his mind about the situation, he paced in the intercom room of the command post, and debated whether he truly wanted to speak to Mon’arc or not.

Was it absolutely necessary?

To make matters worse, Adri would have to call up to the Zahkarien and hope that they would be able to even get a hold of the Superior at this distance. Adri knew that he needed help, and he needed it desperately.

“Pardon me,” He addressed the person who was sitting at one of the terminals, offering a small nod in greeting. “Do you mind if I may borrow this terminal a while?”
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:25 am

"Huh?" Midnight skidded to a halt, her ears wiggling in confusion as an unheard note filled the air. "Oh, I know what that is!" the feline woman suddenly realized. "That's the call back whistle!" the blond shouted out, her cat-like tail held high and quivering with excitement. "Wait for me guys!" Turning around, Midnight started to run away from the group as she shouted after the space dog things. She wasn't in too much of a hurry - after all, she survived this long, so that meant she was going to be rewarded with a 'bone' maybe!
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Astilla walked over grabbing his many belts pouches of ammo and pockets all fastened together and begins putting them back on before reaching in one of them pulling our a clean shirt and tosses it to the half naked elf "here its clean and i don't wear em it may be a little big on you though." he spoke off handedly before removing a set of bandages and cleaning solution as he started treating his arm every now and them looking in the direction the dogs ran off to.
"Sura we need to move, now the dogs flushed out this position and with the gunshots and dead ones we pretty much gave away our position."
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Terra Nova

The terminal operator looked up at Adria and nodded. The young man, fresh-faced, one of Adri's own people did not hesitate at the request. He stood aside and allowed Adria to take control of the terminal. "I can stand by for any assistance you may require."

Unknown world

Sura nodded at Atilla. "I won't argue with that logic. They were huntin-" Sura was then cut off by the crack of a voice cutting through the air.

"HOLD ON A MOMENT!" the voice called.

Seven armed men came walking calmly out of the forest, with the "hounds" in tow.

"Ah. Aliens and genetic monsters. I had always figured this planet had some settlers. It never occurred to me they would come to my favorite hunting spot." The captain said, his teeth shining brightly. "Where are you going with my property?"
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm

The voice that rang out made her freeze in her spot, a small whimper almost leaving the elven woman as she looked towards the several men with the hounds as well. When she saw the captain again, the elf wanted to slink off somewhere to hide from him but she had nowhere to go and so she stood her ground once more.

Her eyes went looking between those that had helped them and then those that wished to hunt them for sport and were seemingly gleeful about it. She gripped the shirt she was given by the other person and was quick to put it on to hide her body once more from well everyone's gaze.

" You don't own me. I had come onto your ship to make a delivery and be sure it got to you. I wasn't part of it." she snapped at him, finally getting the chance to actually speak but she had a feeling he didn't actually care and while she spoke, she let her body relax enough to be able to be ready to defend herself if she needed to.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Atilla looks to the man then back to the two beaten and bruised women and back to him before heaving up his large caliber single shot gun and fired both barrels at once at the man calling the two women his "property". as the smoke of his large blunderbuss style weapon he piped up "you know were i come from I'm known to my people as a hunter lets see how well i compare to hunters like you? Do you think you'll match up or will the hunters become the hunted?" as the smoke began to settle he looked to Sura out of the corner of his eye "get the two outa here and let the boss know i might need help when he has the time, I'll hold them off till then."
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Monika shouldered her weapon again as the now-exposed slavers closed on the two now apparent escapees. She spoke up in her quiet and dominant accent through her in-ear radio. "Don't move, I'm lining u-" Before she could finish the loud report of the Kiwomian's scattergun blew past her knife-edge ears. "Scheiße! You block headed... UGHH!" Her entire plan of making a perfect shot was well ruined and the ex-submariner was now forced to abandon stealth altogether. She lined up her sights on where she could see the silhouette of the slavers before dropping down to a crouch and slowing her breathe. "Fucking hotshots."

BA-BA-BAM!

One burst down she moved to the next and squeezed off another burst.

BA-BA-BAM!

Finally she dropped slowly to access the situation as she spoke even more deftly into the radio. "Sura, get the two girls back here with me. Get out of the killzone."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 am

Having run back to the slavers' side along with the space dog things - which actually seemed used to her - they all soon found Hilda yelling back at Aiyana.

"As d-d-degrading as it is to be called a slave - " she began, briefly stuttering as she thought of being berated and called that herself, " - you don't talk back to master like that!" the cat eared woman pouted, pointing a finger at the elf. "You should come over here and apologize, righ - Eeek!" Startled by the sudden sniper fire, Hilda quickly ducked and grabbed the attention of the dog-things. "Come on, we have to take cover!" she shouted at them. Running into the denser underbrush of the forest, the cat tailed blonde made to lead the beasts away and into safety. Safety that just happened to be outside of their masters' imminent command.