[Wild Heart] Wine and Dine

Roleplay that occurs inside the setting of Shattered Universe.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

[Wild Heart] Wine and Dine

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Former Wangdaio Colonies
Leloup System,
Planet Chateau D’lf
3019 GSC

As a Marshal, Ellie knew a good amount about Leloup, and so understood that it was once a prison planet. One of the harshest in fact. Originally, the tropical death world simply had a prison set up as a self sustaining colony. All the prisoners had to do was stay alive, and make sure their food and supplies didn't run out. Of course, the wardens were watching from on high to make sure they had a lifeline if they screwed up the harvest or if the penal colony attacked by animals or plants, but that was about it. Local rulers and went down below on Chateau D’lf and it's sister site Attica too, even as the colonies fell. But, what Ellie saw now as she stepped off the shuttle was completely unexpected.

Within the electrified enclosure were fields upon fields of wheat, barley, grapes and hopps. Vast gardens of fruits and vegetables lay ready to harvest in between rustic, old-fashioned and comfortably familiar buildings. The place looked like paradise.

"Welcome to Chateau D’lf Miss MacIver, we've been expecting you," a butler warmly smiled at the Marshal. "You've been booked for the evening and will be enjoying some of the finest wines available alongside our delectable charcuterie. If you don't have any questions, I'll lead the way," he offered.

Ellie nodded at the butler with a million dollar smile across her face and motioned for him to take the lead, "No questions here," She responded with that thick 'country' accent she was so well known for, "You just show me where to go and I'll follow right after, hon!"

It was rather amusing to her- going on a wine tasting on what was origianlly supposed to be a prison planet, and not just a regular wine tasting but a blind date on top of that! It was such an odd location that she almost expected to see a hidden camera or two or a 'wacky' host to jump out and tell her she'd been 'bamboozled' or whatever odd name they had decided to name the show.

Not that she would know, she hadn't brought any fancy signal maskers or other forms of surveillance circumventing equipment- all of that stuff had been traded in for a very colorful floral print dress.

This was all fun and no work for Ellie - She was going to enjoy her day and her date!

"Of course, right this way then," the butler politely gestured for her to follow, leading the way. "My name is Bartholomew by the way, but you may simply call me Bart, Miss MacIver," the man introduced himself. Mounting up on a nostalgic motorcycle with side car, the Butler drove Ellie from the starport and through the scenic 'countryside', fields of fruits and grain flying by. Dismounting, he lead the way through the idyllic Italian-styled town before coming to a picturesque, open air restaurant and vinery. Soft murmus of gentle conversation and romantic prose could be heard through the din of fine dining. "Your date should be here shortly," Ellie's butler added, drawing a seat forward for the lawgiver.

"It's my utmost pleasure to meet you then, Bart!" Ellie responded with a polite nod, before letting herself get driven to the resturaunt. There was a lot to take in, and none of it was anything Ellie was exposed to very often. She was almost disapointed by the time they arrived at the resturaunt- perhaps there'd be time to visit the town before she had to leave.

The redheaded woman sat herself down once inside the resturaurant and thanked Bartholomew with a thumbs up and a curt nod, "Apreciate' ya, Bart. I'll be patient, promise." She said with a wink, before settling back into her chair with a hum. There were so many posibilities of who her date could be that it was making her a tad bit anxious!- but she was happy to be there regardless. In the background, the sounds of gentle strings could be heard as people dined and chattered, however, her trained eye noticed something was wrong. Several more band members had gone onto the rustic stage, and with instruments that simply did not fit the scene.

"Well, well, look who's here!" a woman arrogantly called out.

From the entrance, light blared, a daunting figure stepping into the doorway. As cold blue eyes stared down at the lawgiver, a triumphantly malevolant smirk cut across the buxom woman's face. Striding forward, her golden hair bobbed with each powerful step. From where she sat, Ellie could see that the crimson mini-jacket and flowing crimson cape did little to cover up the fact this woman was scantily clad, wearing little more than a yellow bikini. Nor did it cover up the sword and laser pistol by this newcomer's side. And worse still, was the tricorn hat she proudly wore, the meaning of its skull and crossbones all too clear to everyone who saw it.

"It's the Crimson Corsairs! RUN!" someone yelled. In an instant, Ellie's ears were flooded by the sound of the filthy rich and cultured fleeing for their money, their clamor threatening to drown out the bombastic music that the musicians were furiously playing. To their credit, they simply stepped up their game and played even more furiously as the space pirate strode over, her cape strangely sparkling in the light. Firmly setting her boot on the chair across from Ellie, the woman snapped her fingers, the music abrutly stopping.

"Thanks Bart!~~<3" the space pirate practically chimed at the butler.

"Our pleasure Miss Diadottr," the formally dressed man bowed, the musicians resuming their previous notes.

"I knew it was too good to be true. Did you? Someone's got a really good sense of humor, don't you think?" the Alliance Marine turned Space Pirate grinned. Seating herself across from the Marshal, she crossed one of her legs of the other as she leaned back. "You order anything yet by the way?" the blond bombshell asked, reaching over to pick up one of the menus.

The sudden uproar was enough for Ellie to sit up proper in her seat and turn to see what was going on- and much to her own surprise it was enough to send many of the other occupants of the resturaunt scurrying out- clutching tightly to their handbags- as the music changed. It was all a bit too much- but as a fan of theatrics she was able to appreciate it nonetheless.
"Very classy, hadn't been expectin' dinner and a show- I didn't think this joint was the kinda place!" She snorted, turning back to stare straight ahead just in time for the scantily dressed Pirate Queen to take her seat across the table.

"Not yet, was waitin' for you, hon. Wouldn't be very polite of me to order without you." Ellie mused, "At the very least we can skip introductions, can't we? Means we can get right to the best part of goin' on a dinner date."

If the Marshal was bothered by the fact that her mystery date was, in fact, the 'Pirate Queen' Ylfa Diadottr, she didn't show it, her calm smile and relaxed posture masked any hidden surprise or potential resentment, "I'm guessin' you've been here before so I'm willin' to bet you know what's good 'round here."

"Dinner and a show?" Ylfa raised an eyebrow for a moment before giving a snicker. "I guess you could call it that," she replied, jabbing a thumb over her shoulder. Already, the other patrons were milling back into the restaurant as several of what could only be described as bodacious space pirates followed them in. "It turns out that the filthy stinking rich actually don't mind having their valuables taken off of them if they're perfectly safe and get to treat the thing like an event. For those shut-ins, it's not every day they get any excitement, you know?" Ylfa explained before ordering their food. From where they sat, Ellie could see the other patrons taking pictures with Ylfa's sexy crew.

And, the truth was, the way they were having their valuables lifted off of them was more like a game. A playful back and forward of 'Oh no, not my wedding ring!' easily turning into an excuse to get a little closer to whatever bodacious space pirate was 'accosting' them.

"I kinda figure public servants like you don't get paid all too often, so the grub's on me," Ylfa offered. As though on cue, several wooden boards were brought out, all laden with a wide selection of delectable cheeses and cured meats, ranging from smoked fish to savory salami. "Don't forget the spreads either. The different types of foie gras are really good too, since a few aren't any Earth species," the space pirate queen suggested to Ellie. Reaching over to one of the several bottles, Ylfa walked her fingers across their tops until picking one in particular, easily popping the cork before pouring the law-woman and then herself a glass.

"Cheers!" the outlaw smiled.
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Re: [Wild Heart] Wine and Dine

Post by Noodles » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:59 am

"Oh dear! How awfully considerate of you, and although I do believe I make enough to afford to dine here- I will graciously accept your offer. It would be awfully rude of me to decline!" The Face of the Marshal Corps' 'famous' thick, 'western' American accent had been seamlessly replaced with an accent befitting of a right and proper debutante.
Ellie gingerly took her glass and raised it in kind, "Cheers!"

"Do tell me about yourself! Things I ought to know about you that I don't already know. I'm eager to get to know you, especially since we'll be seeing a lot of one another today."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 am

Ylfa snorted.

"Yeah, you can, but not often! I'm practically a regular around these parts!" the pirate queen exclaimed. "Just ask any one of these guys," she pointed a thumb over her shoulder at the waiter staff. "We all get along pretty well too, since most of them were here as mega-max inmates." Almost as though on cue, one of the immaculately dressed and proper looking waiters threw up gang signs, which Ylfa quickly returned in kind. "Turns out a death world with super-fertile land and a jungle that'll eat you alive makes for a good prison, especially since the inmates wanted to stay inside rather than get out," the blond bombshell explained. Leaning back in her chair, she deftly picked up her glass of wine and took a good sip, smacking her lips with a sigh of relief. "Ever since the colonies fell though, they had to fend for themselves. The boys and girls - the partition went down pretty quick - started figuring out how to farm and grow stuff, and after a while, here we are!" Spreading just a hint of brown butter on a piece of toast, she topped it with some landjäger and crunched it all in a single bite.

"Reahly good shtuff!"
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:48 am

Ellie scrunched up her nose and let out a laugh, "You really don't have to go on about this place. I know all about the goings on here, maybe not as much as you, but certainly more than most. It's part of the job- but what I don't know much about is you." She said with a shrug, "Granted, that ain't entirely truthful, I know plenty about what the public knows aboutcha, but not about the private things- or at least the little details. There's gotta be a reason that you're here right now! Even if'n it's jus' for the helluvit." She said quite seriously, before letting her attention briefly fall to the food on the table- just long enough for her to try doing exactly what Ylfa had just done with that toast.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:01 pm

The look on Ylfa's face soured ever so slightly as the law woman pushed the point; she wanted to know the self declared pirate queen. Though she seemed upset at the topic being picked on despite her attempts to change the topic, the woman was at least not angry at Ellie for it as she finished chewing her bite.

"I dunno, I feel shitty and depressed just thinking about it," the buxom blond admitted, leaning back in her chair. "It's actually kinda the reason why I got started on doing this sorta thing, you know?" Ylfa shrugged. Reaching over to the charcuterie board, she began spreading some soft rosemary cheese on a cracker. "Sometimes I feel angry when I think about it, or like right now, just really bummed out." Popping it in her mouth, she crunched away as she balanced on the back legs of her chair. Finishing it she leaned forward to sit normally again to take a sip of the wine. "Anyways, I came since the peeps that set this whole stuff up got a good rep and usually put up a good show. So. What about you? How'd you end up as a Marshal, and why'd you come along?" Ylfa asked, idly scratching at the eye patch she wore.
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Ellie nodded, looking satisfied with Ylfa's answer- enough so that she didn't push the matter any further, "Fair enough, the honesty is appreciated regardless." She shrugged, leaning forward against the table as she plucked a cracker from the table.

"Me becoming a Marshal is a fairly long story if I gave you the entirety of it. I can make a long story short for your sake, however. As silly or unlikely as it may sound I joined the Alliance Navy on a whim. Fresh outta college and I chose to enlist, spent a majority of my time as a Starship Systems Tech. Made friends with a Security Officer. We were picked up by the Marshals and she managed to get appointed as the current Director of the program- dragged me along with her and set me up as a Deputy Director." Ellie explained as simply as she could, "And, ah, I'm here because even an old gal like me likes to go on dates, but I always let my work get the best of me. Figured something like this would force me to go out, ya know?"
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:02 pm

"Yeah, I get what you mean," Ylfa admitted, languidly putting a bit of foie gras onto a cracker before popping it in her mouth. After a moment of chewing, she took a sip of wine as well. "Honestly, I might put on a lot of pomp and sparkles and shit to make the whole 'you're getting robbed down to your underwear' bit look good, but I'd rather just run the business by remote and curl up on the couch with some icecream. Watch something good." Reclining back onto her chair for a moment, the blonde tilted it back so it only stood on its rear legs as she took another sip of wine. This sip was more like a gulp however, and just as she finished off her glass, one of her space pirate girls came up to her. Dressed in a tactical sarong and bikini, she was one of the very few that didn't wear body armor like Ylfa, who simply glanced up at the woman. "Change of plans Ellie, something's up, and we're both gonna want to take a look at this by the sounds of it." Standing up, she scooted her chair in and set a hand on her hip.

"Trust me enough to come along and help, or do I gotta do this myself?" Ylfa asked, curious.
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:47 am

Ellie raised an eyebrow at Ylfa and then looked back down at their table- and then back up at Ylfa. She let out a long, breathy sigh and nodded her head, "I trust you about as far as I can throw you- which I reckon is at least a couple of yards, I'll come help you. However, you owe me another dinner after we're done. This was s'posed to be my day off." The Marshal huffed, feeling a little miffed about be unable to finish their assorted cheeses, "What exactly is it we're 'bout to go deal with? I don' want to go runnin' into a situation completely blind." She questioned as she heaved herself up out of her chair- before quietly pushing it back under the table. She ran her fingers through her hair to reposition the curly locks into a more favorable, out of her face position.

"I'm not about to go be shot at, am I?"
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Giving Ellie a snerk of amusement, the blond space pirate scratched her eyepatch and thought it over for a moment.

Having made up her mind, she then leaned in and whispered, "I can definitely do dinner and a movie." The flirtatious, predatory grin was all too familiar, however, she then pointed a finger at Ellie's pocket, the device she had there vibrating as she received a message. 'I don't think you're gonna get shot at, but look, you're a law woman, and I need your help, ok? It looks like someone got stiffed, and I don't want there to be any blowback to any of my girls just because they found them, alright?' the text explained. Reaching back to the table, Ylfa made sure to quickly abscond with the bottle of wine, taking a swig before popping the cork back in to save it for later. Leading the way, an automated car quickly pulled up, already summoned by the pirate queen as she got in first in a hurry.

"What's it called when there's a stiff, and the room's locked but it looks like someone offed them?" Ylfa asked, uncertain what to call it. "Because it's one of those."