You are a looker!

Roleplay that occurs inside the setting of Shattered Universe.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Once inside Ori heard shouting and then the dull thump and screech of guns going off in the actual store. The Storage room was populated by various isles with storage racks. On the racks were boxes of additional Chance AI units and accompanying accessories. Ori soon felt the chill as goose skin formed over her legs and arms. The fridged air smelled stale, yet a welcome reprieve to the hellish sensations she had just escaped from. For the moment Ori could breathe. Yet the gunfire could still be heard from the outside, as well as the shouts of the pirates. The danger had only been delayed.

The chance AI's were doing their jobs. The AI Ori ordered stuck close to Ori. "I will follow you mistress. Please call me Chance." It said whispering. "Those women are killing us." Chance said as the sound of gunfire continued to go off. The AI paused..."You are my mistress yes?" The AI said as the external appearance shifted about to give it the face of an attractive young man. "You look very lovely mistress, we should probably get you to safety."

The AI was soon interrupted, however. A loud metallic clang struck the door Ori had entered. There was a pause, then the top of the door flaired. then sparks began splashing out of it. A plasma torch. Ori had locked her self into the storage room, and the Pirates couldn't get in, so they were now resorting to cutting the door down in order to get to her.

The Chance AI moved in closed and grabbed Ori's hand. Then it looked into her eye. "We need to hide. Now."
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Meanwhile just outside of the Storage Room

The metal around the door was melting from the plasma torch's heat. The white-hot plasma flashed and crackled forcing the girl cutting into the door to wear a thick set of goggles. The crackle and pop of the cutting were punctuated with the sounds of gunfire and screams. "Hey, Beast. What the hell was that thing? He took out four of us...and I've never seen anything able to stand up to you in a fight." Cutter said not taking her focus off of slicing through the door.

The other three girls were impatiently pacing around. "Stop chatting and cut the door open so we can get that little girl. That was pretty cute making those Chance-Bots try to fuck us. But the boss said no survivors. The sooner we get her the sooner we can move on." Inez said with her silken voice. She was a tall lithe woman, with olive skin, and clearly the one in Charge. Her facial features were symmetric and perfect. Almond shaped eyes, a button nose, and full lips gave her a very sensual neutral facial expression. She turned to the girl named Beast. Her dark brown eyes hovered over the woman and the crackle of the cutting continued as she glared at the Augment.

Beast was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall with her eyes closed. Her platinum hair, and pale skin, and doll-like facial features were marred with the fact she was grimacing in pain. One of the other pirates was butchering the deep gashes she had taken when she fought the creature. Needle and thread pierced her soft pale flesh closing the wounds. Unlike the other women in this band, however, Beast's name was well deserved. Her build, though curvy, was thick with muscle.

Inez finally spoke. "Hey. Freakshow. I don't give a crap what that thing was, we didn't see it die, so when you are patched up...you get to go hunting it."

Beast inhaled, then spoke through her teeth. "It was a Gartman. Punching him was like smashing my fists into the bag of concrete."

Inez huffed at the response. "Whatever, it's a xenos. That's the only reason we tolerate a freak like you. To deal with the nasty aliens. So I'll make it easy. We are going to kill that little woman hiding in that room. You are going to find the body of that Xeno you shit kicked and bring me its head as a trophy. Understand?"

Beast was silent, then nodded. "Yes Ma'am."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 am

Mistress? That was a very... Suggestive term, either in the obvious option as well as making her appear as something more regal, something she wasn't. Followed by the compliment of her 'looking lovely,' it quickly grew on her nerves, and she decided that she didn't like that manner of talking. It was far too formal, addressing her as something she wasn't. Calling her a mistress was one thing, but calling her appearance lovely was a lie that she didn't appreciate. Even if she ignored her own marring scars that attracted stares and gawking eyes of strangers, she looked worse than usual, wearing an outfit she didn't like that gave off too much skin and a literal ripped strip of the same kind of fabric wrapped around her head to cover her missing eye. She could correct the behavior with adjustments and just through responses, but this was not the-

It took her a moment to notice the change of its face, and to be honest she was quite surprised. She knew the holographic models could change their appearance but the android models as well? There was a lot happening, and though she only showed surprise, there didn't seem to be a loss or a gain of how she looked at the Chance android. "Now's not the time to flirt!" She spoke in a hushed tone, but she was quickly silenced by the flash of sparks from the plasma torch. They really wanted her dead, didn't they? Her face paled, and she turned away trying to head deeper into the storage unit, out of sight of the door due to the various cabinets and stacked boxes. "Shit, shit..." She spoke sharply to herself, glancing around, she had hoped the storage unit was interconnected to the various stores, but that was obviously wrong, considering she could see all four walls boxing her in with her doom.

It was then, however, that she saw it. In the back was a large grate, easily big enough to fit into, and as the whirring of her implant scanned what it could, it kept that size for a good time, before dumping into some other store or exit, though she didn't know the exact location, it was better than here. A thought struck her as she lifted the grate, placing it to the side, they were going to chase her no matter where she went, be it through the grate or onward. If she made it to the other side she had no doubt they would follow. But, with the grate open, maybe she could-

She turned abruptly, her eyes going to one of the empty shipping boxes that the Chance androids were delivered in, hollowed out but still next to other open boxes, easily taller than her, and possibly the bandits after her. She pulled the box over, sliding into it on her back, before she turned to the android. "Stand it back up and close the top! Then find somewhere to hide!" She whispered, hoping the door would hold long enough.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 pm

The sparks were growing white hot and were streaming all over the deck plating below the door. The plasma torch had cut a path that placed it at the bottom of the door. If the door was a clock, then the hand was touching the number six. Ori could hear the voices of her attackers from behind the door growing more excited.

Ori lifted the grating and moved to place it on her back. Then suddenly a force grabbed it and jerked it out of her hands. The metallic slash as the grating was slapped back into place was startling. Into the darkness, under the metal grating Ori would see two sets of eyes staring up fearfully at her. Fingers were desperately poking through the holes of the grating but holding it in place. A hushed male voice whispered. "FInd some place else to hide!" He said. "We aren't dying for you!"

Ori would find her erudite mind pulled the necessary information out. When she entered this store she noticed no blood stains, not dead bodies. It was as if the shop had been abandoned, rather than attacked. Then a female voice spoke. "Those psychopaths are coming! I'm sorry, we want to help you but....good luck."

The man spoke back with venom this time. "Plus we have more to live for. You aren't even normal." He spat. "Get!"

Chance stood holding the box. "Mistress. Your acquaintances do not appear to be thrilled that we showed up to visit. You may have my hiding space. I will try to talk to the people outside and convince them not to harm you."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:38 am

The employees were hiding in the vents, for a moment she cursed at herself silently for not realizing that it could be a possibility. But it was more than that, it was so much more than that and the realization as she slowly stepped back from the vent struck her. They killed her. They could have fled down the vent but because they stayed, she was stuck here, she was stuck in a room that the bandits were going to search until they found and killed her. She shifted, turning to the box, moving to climb inside it. She gave a shocked look as the android offered to talk to the bandits in her defense.

She knew the android couldn't attack them or harm them in any way, but this seemed excessive in its reasoning, they had already killed a crowd of people, and were trying to kill her for the sole reason that she was present, what made the android think that people like that could ever be reasoned with? She wrapped both hands around her own head as she felt her heart racing, there was nowhere to go, a hiding place would prolong the inevitable. The box was big enough for two, barely, it could fit her and the android, couldn't it? "Nonono, they'll just... They'll shoot you, then they'll think I'm still here I just need to..." Her thoughts began to scramble, the weary dread of hopelessness rising. "Please, climb in with me, I can't..." She couldn't think, she couldn't plan, she couldn't run, she couldn't escape. When she looked around she saw nothing she could use as a weapon aside from perhaps a metal bar, but what good was that against the bandits? Sure, she'd give one a headache with a good whack if she was lucky but then she'd be shot and killed without a second though.

Her only chance was a series of chances, no pun intended. They'd have to check the vent first and... Kill the two inside, and only then would she be safe, assuming they believed that she was one of them. If either survived they could try to sell her out for their own safety. It was an awful though, and she felt horrible for thinking it, but as she sat in the box, knees pulled to her chest, trying to avoid sobbing, she knew she was out of ideas, out of direction.

What did she do to deserve this? Was she just born to be unlucky?
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Ori's descent into the box was naturally less than reassuring. The popping hiss of the plasma touch continued on for what seemed like an eternity. Inside of the Box Chance lay with Ori silently. The machine's face was nose to nose with her. Then Ori felt it. Chance gently touched Ori's hands with its own, squeezing them softly in an attempt to reassure her.

The deck shook as the door was pushed, and fell into the storage room. Ori could hear the steps of the pirates as the came in. "Spread out. Search every nook and cranny!" Inez called out. They all cheered and got to work. The pirates were not gentle, they opened the boxes, pushed over various products and bantered. Jokingly talking about what they were going to do with Ori when they caught her. One of them suggested cutting off Ori's toes and making her the Ship's jester.

It was then that Chance tensed and looked up and thus out of the box. Through the seam in the box's flaps Ori could see a pair of milky legs and heavy boots standing above them.

"Here they are! Under this grating!" One of the women shouted, as a pair of hands gently reached down and opened the box. Ori would see That woman who sent Creature over the railing looking down at Chance and her self. Beast moved her eyes and landed them on Ori. She then closed the box back up and continued on. "That was them?" Beast muttered.

"Don't think you are getting off on finding that alien. You let him live. Thats on you, freak." Inez hissed.
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:09 pm

When the Chance model joined her in the box, it was obvious just how frail Ori really was. Clearly so far she was smart, she figured a way in using her skills and had almost devised a way to avoid detection, but with how things turned out, she was trapped, and with that hope of escape gone, she had retreated to the most basic form of response she had developed. She shrunk into that tight ball of a huddled form with her knees to her chest, water gathering in her one good eye, as she visibly shook. It was hard to tell if it was from the fear, the stress, or the anxiety, or a combination of all three, but she was positively trembling. The presence of Chance next to her seemed to quell her a bit, but she was visibly terrified, and there was not a hint of confidence or hope left in her.

As they spoke and taunted her as the group cleared the room, Ori continued to shiver and shake, and it seemed a miracle that she didn't outright break and begin to sob. Tears flowed down her cheek, and it took every ounce of strength that Ori had to not cry out in absolute anguish. Perhaps the cool touch of Chance against the slight hands of the woman soothed her enough to keep her peace.

Is this how she was to die? Crumpled in a box waiting for bandits to find and kill her, if she was lucky? She did not want to consider what they would do to her if they did not kill her the moment she was found, but at the same time death was such a horrifying thing that she was almost willing to chance her fate with whatever they would have planned for her if it gave her a chance at living. Pain and fear was something she knew, and if she must know more to survive then maybe she could survive it once more. Would she agree with that every step of the way? No, of course not, she forgot the number of times she begged for a final exit while she was in the hospital, but she survived it, and though her life lacked the ability as it could have, it was still alive. It shocked her in a way to consider that she was willing to lose so much more as long as she was able to simply survive.

When Chance tensed, Ori looked up at the flash of light, her heart dropping into the chasms of her chest as she saw who it was. Beast, the inhuman amalgamation of who knows what mixed into the body of a person. Appearances and what she was made of did not bother Ori of course, she could never judge someone for that, but what she did judge was how she used what she had to fling Creature over a railing like a water balloon over a concrete ground, though she wished he did not pop like one. Her face, half in red, frozen in fear and streaked with the wetness of tears, stared up at the solemn stare of the Beast... Who closed the box as if nothing resided inside.

There was confusion, and her heart seemed to resume beating, this time filling her ears like a set of drums that threatened to drown out the world. Her blood seemed too loud, and surges of whatever existed of a fight or flight reflex within Ori surged and scoured her body for something of an action that it could afford to do, but she simply sat and waited. What made Beast make this decision, to ignore her when their goal was to do... Horrible things to her. It was then she realized, they thought she was in the vents, they thought they were the ones in the vents.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:05 am

The people hiding in the vent pleaded and begged. Ori heard them cry and shriek for mercy, they spoke of who they were and their lives briefly, before two thunderous gunshots silenced the hiding people. The room then descended into silence. The silence was then ended by some chuckling. "Well, at least we don't have to dispose of the bodies." A distant voice said.

"They put up a good effort though."

A stream of magnetic rifle rounds abruptly ended the disconcerting calm of the situation. Ori could feel the deck shake beneath the box she and Chance were hiding in. It did not sound like the thunderous boom of a magnetic weapon being fired, though she heard that. The actual weapon report was like a buzzsaw beneath her. Through the box flaps, Chance and Ori saw the stream of gunfire punch up through the deck and clatter above them. Before they were a line of holes in the deck that was white hot, then red...then duller than the color of the deck. A crinkle of metal, and then a moan as the structural integrity of the deck gave way, and gravity took hold of the situation. The Pirates all simultaneous dove for cover and peeked out watching the spectacle unfold before them; the box Ori and chance were in, and the floor beneath them then fell. leaving only a gaping maw in the middle of the storage room.

The feeling of falling was uncomfortable in the least. But the sudden lurch and shock of the landing were the worst of it. The box was soon gruffly pulled open, and a mechanical prosthetic hand reached in and grabbed Ori. Creature was now suddenly face to face with Ori having quickly helped her. "Ori! " He rasped loudly. "Sorry that took so fucking long, that big bitch kind of handed my tail to me." Creature said looking up and studying his handy work before looking back at Ori. "What the; Ori are you crying?"
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:46 pm

There was a helpless feeling in Ori's head as the screams were muted by the sound of rancorous gunfire, followed quickly and suddenly with the eerie silence that came after death. Unlike what Creature had done, the had left no room for survival, no injuries to be healed and no wounds to be patched up, in one moment they begged for their lives and in the next it was all wretched out from under them. Ori was not one to hold a grudge, they had perhaps not been nice to her in their brief interaction, but they didn't deserve that. No one did, and it scared her that they'd kill them with such prejudice. If those two could beg for their lives in an immobile state, and still be shot and then laughed at, what hope did she have if they found her? It pained her to admit that she was lucky that Beast had found her and not the others, but then again to survive all that, so many things had to go right, and though she hated the idea of it, she had to admit that she was lucky, all things considered.

It was all perspective, and in a way she had always been lucky, especially when she compared herself to certain people, though once more she chased those thoughts away, not that there was any time to linger on them, as the loud buzz of some odd gunfire filled the air, followed by the floor shaking beneath her, and giving way as there was suddenly nothing underneath her at all. She hit the ground at an odd angle, letting out a loud "Oof!" As the wind was almost knocked out of her. She was dazed and stunned, and in those moments she neither had the capacity or ability to think of, much less fear, whatever had caused the fall. She worked at bringing the air back to her lungs, before the box opened, and she was yanked out by none other than Creature.

She had been crying, and as the anxiety faded so did her tears, but as she was face to face with the wall that was Creature once more, she suddenly couldn't contain themselves anymore. Tears flowed freely from her eye and her lip quivered alongside her body. "They're still up there!" She practically cried out between half-sobs, a grim realization that if they were followed down to whatever room this was, her luck may have been for nought.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:34 pm

She was crying! Creature stood in silence as Ori's chest shuddered in-between labored breaths. Creature looked at his feet feeling shame. He was blaming himself for this. Though in truth he knew he had little to do with anything that was going one...which was a first. This so far was not a problem he had actually caused. The Chance AI cautiously climbed out of the box and approached Ori and Creature. Chance looked up through the hole. Orders were being barked and Ori could hear them scrambling around preparing to attack.

When Ori Spoke, Creature placed the stolen rifle against his right shoulder. The blood on his head had scabbed over and soiled his head wrappings. He had a fresh wet hole on the left leg of his trousers, though the flesh was like was rapidly healing...likely a wound he sustained during his fall. Creature looked back and up through the hole he had made during his rescue of Ori. "Yea, I'll fucking fix that." He gasped as he whirled about, and held his rifle at the ready.

"ALL RIGHT LISTEN UP YOU RANCID ASSED WANNA BE PIRATES! YOUR FRIEND MIGHT HAVE HANDED MY ASS TO ME BUT I GOT HER GUN! THIS IS A STANDARD ISSUE EDJIA BATTLE RIFLE! THE GAUSSE ACCELERATED EXPLOSIVE TIPPED RODS WILL TURN THAT FUCKING DECK INTO SWISS CHEESE! ALONG WITH YOUR SLUTTY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES!" Creature roared, his tail flicking and thrashing wildly. He then spoke lower. "Cover your ears, Ori." The Chance responded by covering Ori's ears with its hands. "Good dog." Creature said furrowing his brow.

Ori would feel the bass of every shot pound against her skin. Creature was true to his word. He fired the rifle up into the ceiling above his head, and like a fire hose, he riddled the overhead deck into swiss cheese. The shreiking chatter of the gun did not cease, and Creature moved about. Pieces of metal and plaster dropped down, and the room got warmer. Then the gun stopped firing. Creature surveyed his handy work. Then blood began to drip down from above to the floor below.

Creature then tossed the weapon aside like a piece of trash. Drew the McKannon Revolver he swiped off the girl in the ice cream parlor and moved. "Let's get. Shit that stays still tend to die. Creature before exiting this store paused, turned to a rack of jackets and found located a heavy knee-length brown leather trench coat with a woolen liner and heavy neck and face guard. Creature was now wearing it, price tags still attached. He grabbed his bronze belt buckle that read "DON'T MESS WITH NEW TEXAS" nodded to himself in approval. "I'm such a fucking badass now."

Creature then looked at Ori and tilted. "How the shit did you get into that storage room? None of the doors would even work for me. I had to fucking shoot the floor out from under you to even get to you."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:33 pm

It was not something she thought about until now, but as she thought about it, it became more clear, more obvious, something she could not only feel but be consciously aware of. Creature was different, and not just in the fact that he was a dangerous soldier that the cruise saw fit to sedate, but due to the fact that Creature was something out a story, some form of living fable or legend. A hero straight out of fiction, yet here he stood before her. For years, she had seen little to convince her of the goodness of the Galaxy, only of its passive apathy, and even then day after day the vague remnants of hopeful stories were washed out with the grim rinse of reality. But Creature was different, he was more than another face, he was the reality of a hero, free of the taint that came with the embellishment of long forgotten people and ideals, a simple man with the courage to act, but more importantly, the power to carry through.

Creature may be little more than a juiced up Gartagen with the drive to survive, but to Ori he stood for so much more, he was a righteous shield in an unjust situation, putting his own livelihood at risk for her own safety. She watched as he raised his weapon, and the Chance's hands muted the blasts just enough to be bearable, but what her mind focused on was not what she saw, it was what she remembered. The one other time that someone else had pulled her view from darkness, to remind her that existence was more than just pain.

Maru.

The girl wouldn't leave, but that wasn't fully what Ori wanted, quite simply she wouldn't stop talking, she wouldn't let the silence of the room come back and instead read page after page of a book. As she looked outside the window, the only thing she could see was the incessant downpour of rain that pounded the window with a spiteful pattern, too harsh to see anything beyond. Normally the view would let her see out at the valleys and mesas of the nearby geography, but today was one of the few days that saw rain. Fitting, mockingly so. She hadn't told the girl off, and though she disliked how persistent the girl was about being her friend, she had to admit that hearing her read was a background noise to fill the day, even if she did prefer the rain.

"Ori?" She paused, and Ori glanced over with a tired look. The medicine kept a lot of the pain away, but she still got tired easily, even if she spent a lot of time laying down. The girl, Maru, was a short woman, much like Ori, though she seemed... Healthy. She had a short and messy head of brown hair and she seemed a bit pale, but otherwise if she went wandering through a marketplace far from the hospital, Ori would bet that no one would think a thing was wrong with her. "I... Got this book from your families library. With what happened... Will there be any late fees?" Ori wasn't sure what about it struck her, the serious and sincere tone and look she was being given, or just the pure absurdity of the question. Before she was fully aware, her chest was shifting into a light laugh, and a smile forced itself across her face.

"Pfft, don't make me laugh, it hurts when I do that."


When the shooting stopped, Ori looked up at the ceiling almost out of shock. It was much like swiss cheese, holes spread out in a matter that showed a pattern of direction but little more, a quite effective way to clear the room. If there were any survivors to Creature's attempt to clear the life from the room above, they most certainly found their reprieve in playing dead, though she was sure few if any would have to worry about feigning death. Her heart pained her briefly as she thought of Beast, even though she did fling Creature over a railing like a bag of cement. She couldn't help but feel as if there was something else rather than a bandit-driven violence in the woman, especially if she chose to spare her by keeping her location silent. Would she tell Creature about her? Maybe, she would hate to make him feel guilty over it, so she would wait and see his opinions of things like that first.

She followed him towards the exit, but as he turned to question how she got inside, she paused, realizing that it may not have been as simple as she could explain it. "I was desperate." She began, and quite simply that's as far as she could really describe, the exact details almost seemed a haze. "I have an implant that lets me interface with some tech, and the interface was compatible, I just... Made it open." It wasn't a substantial answer but at least it was an answer.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Creature stood silently as Ori paused and vanished into her mind. She was there, listening, hearing and feeling. But it was clear to Creature, based on her vitals that own head implant was showing him through a HUD in his vision that she was calming her self. Or about to have another meltdown. Creature had made up his mind to keep Ori alive. Though tossing her a gun and training her with how to use it was out of the question. Creature was trained, but more importantly was his life after being in the military of his people. Experience and using what you had would be far better than any military preparation, and unfortunately, he doubted Ori was fast or strong enough to even be worth a shit in a firefight.

"Desperation is good, made you dangerous. Saved your fucking life. If you had thrown your hands up like these poor fucks you'd be dead." Creature rasped pointing to the bodies strewn about this particular store. Creature then turned, and moved, glass crackling and shattering beneath his cloven boots, and began to exit the broken clothing shop. He moved swiftly but took care to allow Ori to keep up. As they moved he spoke. "A ship like this should have fucking automate defenses, turrets drones, an army of goddamn security. Somethings wrong. Do you think if we got you to a security uplink or some shit we could get the internal defenses online?"

As they moved, Chance took care to assist Ori, which meant that Creature had to pause less. Though finally the arduous hike across the Promenade, that would take them to the garden deck came to an abrupt halt when Creature dove behind a large sculpture embankment and hid. Chance followed, half carrying, half dragging Ori to the embankment. Creature crept to the corner and peeked around.

A large group of people was rapidly closing in. "Keep moving!" A voice called out. "They are right behind us and we are in the open!"

"Fuck!" Creature hissed. "Stay down Ori."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:25 pm

"Security? I mean, of course, but that depends on how it's connected. If there's a direct connection to automated defenses, I can try to reactivate them but if they disabled them, depending on how they've disconnected it I might not be able to..." She didn't finish the sentence, words began to blur into more direct representations in her mind, a slight hum of her implant as it too tried to keep up with the technical thought going through her brain. She was keeping up, but mostly due to the actions of Chance keeping her moving. Thanks to the android, Creature seemed to not have to slow down as much.

"Even if I can't activate security systems I could activate whatever it's connected to, even if it's loosely. I'd just need a terminal and uh... Time, I can't do those things instantaneously." She paused as she was pulled down into cover alongside Chance and Creature, and at Creature's command, she kept her head underneath. She was about to ask what was going on, but the words of the group made a very clear answer. There were more bandits, though she couldn't say she was surprised. She would however be surprised if that one group that Creature had disposed of was it, it would simply be too small a group to handle the challenges of raiding such a large and possibly armed vessel, even if they had somehow disabled the automated defenses. That did lead to a question in her mind, how did they get on board? She was sure some radar would have caught them if they had boarded via some breaching craft, and in such a case where they did breach, there should have been more alarms and prior warning than a sudden ring of bullets and shots.

The good news however, was that they weren't specifically being hunted this time. A large crowd was hard to manage, they were predictable, and from her experience they were quick to not act in a situation due to the phenomenon of the bystander effect. People would scream and gawk and stare but none would act in their own defense or for others, they would simply watch and scream, as if they were the victim who needed help-

She cursed under her breath, her gaze going across the area. She couldn't see a whole lot, but she was looking for some security terminal, perhaps an abandoned checkpoint or anything of the sort, anything that could get her into some network of the Promenade.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Ori saw Creature poke his head over to get a good view. He then ducked down and drew tense. The people kept running, and as they plodded close with their tired heavy feet the chaos once more began. The thunderous gunfire erupted causing those people to do as Ori said. They screamed and panicked. Instinctively dropping down or simply fleeing as quickly as their legs would carry them. Creature sat, patiently and calmly watching as the thunderclap of energy weapons lashed out and caused women, people, to fall like flies.

A woman flopped just past where Ori and Creature were hiding, and she looked up and saw them. A middle-aged woman, carrying a small satchel around her chest, and she clutched it. protectively. Her eyes moved and she began shooting back. "Nonono...please..." She begged.

Creature lept up and suddenly fired. He then vanished into the bushes, and Ori heard more heavy thumping from his pistol. As the fast-paced gun fight watched the woman continued to push her self away. Her right leg was shot at the back of the knee, giving her a bright red trail as she tried to escape the carnage.

The gunfire stopped, and Ori heard a voice. "Put the gun down!"

Creature's voice responded sharply. "Fuck you. I'll put you down. I just saved your ass!"

When Ori eventually poked her head up to see what the sudden argument was, she would see three more female pirates laying on the ground amidst the bodies of over a dozen people. However, Creature stood with his revolver aimed at a blue-uniformed woman, who was holding an energy pistol at Creature. Behind her several, more people were hiding, watching their saviors point weapons at each other.

"I am ship's security! Put the gun down now!" She said. The woman was handsome. She had hard sharp facial features, and the look in her eye suggested she was sterner than most. Her blue uniform had moist stains against it, though she seemed uninjured. She wasn't backing down. Creature likewise held fast, his pistol held up at her with one hand, and the security woman held her with two hands.

"Well Uhh...I'm a type seven life form! I'll survive a shot from you, will you survive one from me?!" Creature said snapping back.
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:00 am

Ori's eyes locked onto the woman as she collapsed, glaring over her with an empty stare, lingering on the trail of blood that followed her impacted knee. She wanted to run over, to cradle the hurt woman and reassure her that things would be alright, she recognized that fear in her eyes, the mix of pain and the need to get away even though something prevented her from doing so. It was a helpless feeling, to be trapped somewhere, where you know you could die, where you could be killed and despite your efforts, despite the blood, sweat, and tears, that you just couldn't get away. Ori had been there, and someone had pulled her from the wreckage, where was someone to do the same to this woman? It took a moment for Ori to realize that it could be her, she could be the one, but in the same moment shouts erupted as she raised herself from cover, seeing Creature at a standoff with the security guard.

"Chance, help the woman on the ground if you can." She knew the Chance models often had some form of medical knowledge, but unfortunately she didn't know if it came standard or had to be downloaded from some connection. Regardless the AI would have a much better chance at being helpful than Ori would. She rose slowly, into the sight of the guard, being careful to keep her open hands visible, eyeing the crowd before them. "Please, let's not fight over this." She spoke loud enough to be heard. The security guard seemed well equipped for the situation, perhaps not in armor befitting a gunfight but then again neither was creature. It was possible that the guard wasn't entirely human either, but without some sedative-scanner screaming about threat levels it was difficult to tell from sight alone, regardless she could obviously hold her own, and had been doing so since the beginning of this tragedy.

"If you can get me to a security terminal I can try and jump-start whatever defenses are onboard." Ori spoke again. "-But disarming someone who's fighting back is just going to hurt more people."
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:17 pm

The security guard's eyes shifted to Ori, and her stern stony facial expression softened at the sight of another civilian. The security-woman lifted her Laser Pistol up, and Creature almost simultaneously did the same. "I can get you to a Security terminal. The entire system was compromised just as the attack began. The moment gunfire was detected the ship scanners should have zeroed in on the weapons discharge and stunned the attackers. If we can retake control of SECCOM, we can save more people." She said urgently. "Come on, get moving!" She commanded, turning and began fast walking down the promenade. The survivors she had with her hesitated but stood up and followed.

Chance helped the woman up and supported her. Ori would see movement in the little sack she was holding. A small diminutive pink hand shakily poked up and grasped at the woman's breast. "We should get moving." Chance said. "Those people likely saw what happened here."

Creature turned and moved back to Ori waiting for her to start walking. He tilted his head to his right and looked at her."Can you really do that bullshit you just said? If not we need to be looking for a life pod." He then took him the Revolver. "Oh also, thanks for defusing that shit." He then tossed the revolver into a nearby trash receptacle. "I was bluffing, damn thing ran out of ammunition. Beating that woman to death with it would probably have left a pretty bad impression on those people...."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Could she do it? Well, that wasn't really the question, theoretically, of course she could, with enough time she could pry her way into most systems that wasn't extremely adaptive, and considering it had been compromised she could count that off the list. That did however, leave the question on if she could get it done in time with what she had on hand. She'd like to have tools and supplies, things to lessen the workload or at least automate it somewhat with standard running procedures but all she had was her brain and the chip that whirred next to her skull. It was enough for the door, and as Creature said, desperation had made her dangerous. She was still desperate, desperate to end this before it got worse and to let this nightmare fade into the grim dark from which it came.

"I mean-" She swallowed dryly, and she felt a pang of hunger and thirst. Adrenaline had pulled the feelings from her body but as she was no longer under direct threat of mutilation, her body saw fit to remind her of fuel. "Of course, I'd just need time, and uh, desperation." A dry joke to try and elevate the mood, accompanied by a shaky smile. "But regardless we need to be careful. Obviously they've compromised security, but we don't know if they have anyone watching the cameras. It's probably best to assume that we don't have the advantage of surprise until we can confirm that we do." She tried to push away the thoughts of potential failure away, though they did loom in her mind like a dark cloud. She wouldn't know what to do if she made it to some security terminal, a group of people, the security guard and Creature watching as she just... Failed.

The thought made her shutter, though she did keep moving. "And Creature? Please don't, well, get thrown off a railing again. You scared me there."
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:52 pm

Creature was leering at the corpses of the pirate women he had just shot dead. He stalked over as Ori spoke to him and collected another rifle. This one appeared to be an alliance laser rifle. Ori would see him do what he had done to the previous weapons. He pulled the strap of the weapon off the corpse and then put it on himself, securing it to his forearm. This time, however, had had actually removed the spare ammunition and sidearm off of the fallen pirate, hiding them in the various pockets of his brand new coat.

"Trust me I didn't have much of a choice. That twat totally kicked my ass and I wasn't faking it for some kind of surprise rescue of you." He said as he finished his pilfering and continued on following Chance who was helping the woman with her baby. "I don't mean to scare the shit out of you, but I am not in control of this situation at all." He said pausing to glare at the security woman as she halted before an exit sign and allowed the ship's passengers to pass through.

Chance and the woman passed through the exit way "Type one life form and automaton assistant. Enjoy your rest." It buzzed green like it had done when Creature, Ori, and Mary first arrived on the Promenade and stated: "Type 1 life form, have a good rest". The security guard nodded at Creature. "Well, at least you can use those guns. The other guards have been having a hard time with these pirates. " The guard paused and looked to Ori. "If you are serious and can get security back online you can save us all."

Creature stepped through the exit.

"TYPE 7 LIFE FORM DETECTED! YOU WILL REST EASY!"

Creature looked about. "OH! NOT THIS SHIT AGA-"

A mechanical arm lashed out and stabbed Creature in the neck. He tensed and twitched as he was injected with more of the sedative.

"Fuck-mother fucker, that wasn't very nice." Creature complained hobbling through the doorway clutching his neck.
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 pm

As the conversation briefly passed over Beast, Ori felt a pang of shame arise as something became much clearer in her mind. Beast had spared her life and so far Ori had neglected to even mention it to Creature. There was more guilt as she recalled how there was nothing more than the dripping of blood after Creature had cleared her from the room she was trapped in. She opened her mouth as they walked, thinking of finally letting him know that perhaps Beast wasn't the beast she was made out to be, but despite her wants, she was stricken by the idea that it shouldn't be something to trouble Creature with. She was honestly unsure how much of a conscious he had when it came to these things, but even if it wouldn't bother him, it was something she did not wish to add onto. Maybe another time, or maybe, stars forbid, Beast too rose from certain death to track them down.

As they neared the security gate, Ori briefly met the security guards eyes, though the sudden pressure of being told she could potentially save everybody rose her anxiety and she forced her gaze away. Stepping forward, she ignored the automated voice as it registered Ori and Chance. Could she save everyone? She wasn't a hero, she certainly wasn't some war machine like Creature that could tear through opposition like from the wet dreams of some bigshot general. But maybe, just maybe, she didn't need to be a hero to save people, maybe she wouldn't need to be some expert prodigy to have what it takes to go through with this. Quite simply it shocked her that she was stepping up to the plate to handle this, she knew that she didn't want to fall to the role of a bystander who simply let things happen, but was claiming she could solve all of this really the only other option?

Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by the harsh tone of the Promenade security AI, which wasted no time in singling out Creature to sedate him. Ori was simply flabbergasted as she stared at the unfolding scene, and a small rage boiled in her gut as she shot a glare to the guard. "So they shut down the security defenses but not that? She said to no one in particular as she stepped towards Creature, making sure he would follow even if it meant she'd have to drag him along by his hand. She inhaled deeply as she turned to the guard, rubbing her marred temple as she moved. "Is there any chance that there's a cure for that sedative? I kind of need him to have motor control." She asked a bit softly.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 pm

The Guard had actually moved to try to stop the process. "Oh! Damn it!" She growled as Creature complained of the discomfort. "No, I'm afraid not. This particular program is isolated so that nobody can disable it and let on augments or other monstrosities that can make a mess of things..." She said with a soft sigh.

Creature had some fight in him however, he wasn't completely passive, though he was not moving with the grace and confidence she had to see before. on. "Brain hurty." He echoed. "Aghrtthth...not as bad as first time. Cookies...." He said shambling into the corridor that would take them up to the passenger quarters and housing.

Chance stepped forward, still helping the woman and child and gave Creature a hard look. "His vitals are spiking. It appears as if his modifications are counteracting the sedative injected into his body.

The guard watched as the people all broke to hurry off to their rooms. The Guard, however, moved off to the side and slapped waved her hand on the wall. With a soft hiss, the wall door slid open. "Right this way."

Once inside, Ori would see a full-blown security room. A holographic vid table, various screens with camera recordings, and a map of the ship. Chairs and even a little restroom. The Guard-woman walked over to the table and spoke. "This is Guard 1763 - Bella Martinique. I require security access."

The Computer voice crackled. "Security Denied. Your death is coming." Then it shut off.

Bella looked over to Ori. "Well. I'm out of ideas. You said you can do something with this. Be my guest."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:10 pm

An odd thought appeared to Ori as the security guard explained how it functioned. While it made sense to some degree, regardless of how fair she viewed it as, this explained why it still targeted Creature, but Creature wasn't what she had suddenly thought of. How had Beast gotten through? She seemed quite able to match Creature's pace, although perhaps not with the same level of persistence and resilience, but regardless Beast seemed the type that would at least trigger the system to dart her as well. If she had been walked through the entrance and not through some back system of maintenance tunnels, how long did they have to wait to shake her loose if there was no real cure? In fact, that brought up another question. How long were they on board before this happened?

Pushing the thought back she strode forward behind the guard as she activated the compromised system, turning somewhat pale as it gave its ominous warning. The warning itself was something to expect given how they had compromised it, but it was extra work when it could simply deny the access. It presented a possibility that almost made Ori quiver, the idea that it was not just a virus program that had compromised it, but an actual AI. An AI, even a rudimentary one, could complicate things excessively, blocking out cracks as they appear when Ori would test the strengths of the system, and a thousand other things. Would it send a signal out to other bandits now that it was being interacted with? She certainly hoped not. "Oh, well, uh." Ori began, feeling sweat pooling on her brow. The other side of her face felt uncomfortably hot. "Let me see here, I can at least try to do... Something." She vaguely followed up on her statement.

Stepping forward to the computer, she felt the chip whirr against her head, trying to push a connection with the computer due to proximity. Even if she couldn't directly get in she could find... Something, anything that would make it look like she wasn't just some random civilian who said she could help. These were practically heroes, this guard and Creature, and somehow she was being asked to carry a weight as well. The implant would slip a connection in, code and organic thought combining and merging as they began to prowl through what it had access to, trying to see the options, anything and everything that could be touched and interpreted.

Ori's hand remained on the computer, but aside from the vacant look it was clear that whatever was connecting her was some fancy schmancy wireless connection. Kids these days.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:03 pm

"Yea you uh...do that." Creature grumbled. "I'm gonna sit here and hope the not nice people don't come." He added slumping next to the wall and sliding down to the floor.

Creature by this point looked tired. A glimpse at him saw his gaze look up to meet Ori's. "Hey Ori. You're a looker." He said then giving her a thumbs up.

Ori's vision for a moment was a wash of colors, then numbers and light. She had seen this many times in her life. It was the system. She was seeing the entire computer system of the ship, and it was at her disposal.

Then suddenly, her vision became filled with a single unmistakable image.

Image
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Ori could do nothing to suppress the reflexive groan that came from her throat as the image appeared. Many things raced through her head in trying to make heads or tails of it, but at the forefront of it all she could only claim that she was absolutely stupefied by the blinding white image that seared itself into her brain. She knew that many old jokes and cultural references came up every so-and-so odd years, but she had assumed the more disgusting ones would remain in backwater message boards and within private jokes. As her initial shock wore off it raised many questions, but answered a few more. Chances are, the operator keeping her locked out was also a person, otherwise an AI probably wouldn't waste its time on a joke it wouldn't have the capacity to understand. On another hand, it did surprise her for more than just the internal recoil it produced, it felt far too human for the situation, as if the other operator somehow had the capacity for some ancient humor while their companions slaughtered innocent people.

"I... Really didn't need to see that." She muttered to herself audibly, her fingers tapping against the computer desk in front of her out of habit. She took a deep breath as she shifted her actions to taking down the image, taking specific note on how it came up on the system. If this was the invading operators attempt at shutting her out, it would be a poor one. The image had some form of filename, some bit of code and identification it told the system that brought it up in its blinding glory. She prepared a kill-code, a termination of the image should its identification pop up. Hopefully she wouldn't need it, but it would keep the mocking glare from being shoved in her face.

With that set up she spearheaded deeper, trying to make heads or tails of the situation. Whether or not she could find the controls for the security systems and the safety mechanisms, it would all be for nil as long as the bandit operator continued accessing the system. She didn't know what privileges this console input gave her, but above all else she needed to use it to lock out the other. Be it through a simple advantage of privilege, to even overclocking each system access for herself, denying the service for the bandit. She was using the security login of the guard, after all, but what was the bandit using? She really only had one way to check. In the back of her mind she began to put together automated processes, essentially a simple DDOS attack, though she only worked on putting it together for the moment.

Check user privileges.
Check all active users.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:25 pm

LOL

..............

UR A NOOB

It was then Ori's mind, filled with a very specific set of images. Everything she was doing had worked. User privileges were locked to active users only. There were currently only two active users in the system. The first active user had sent the second active user pop up images. The images were penises. All the different colors, sizes and uses. Ori now had the image of the male genital uploaded directly into her mind.

"Ori."

"Ori."

"Ori. Uh. Bitch, are you okay?" Creature said softly at a distance. "You really should see the face you are making right now. Like. I'd take a picture. Ori are you crying again?"
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Ori groaned without fully realizing it, a disgusted look spreading across her face with an unconscious glare. Of all the things she wanted to see, that was not it, among all the gore and bullets and the dead and wounded, she almost silently blessed herself for not being faced with a plethora of dicks and things that could only be called dicks because of the accompanying images only at this point in her day. "I really don't want to talk about it." She muttered to Creature as she wiped a frustrated tear from her cheek. She took a deep breath as she paused her collection of commands, a DDOS attack wouldn't simply be enough, she had to take some measure of revenge. She couldn't fight back in the slightest before, but here? She needed to do something, a degree of insurance to shock the other user long enough to stall what they could control.

All at once, Ori groaned, and the chip in the back of her head whirred with a righteous heat. The second user, the bandit would be flooded with a mixture of images and garbage code, the code of which only seemed to be there to take up space, but the vast majority of what would be seen and filtered were images, countless and duplicated, and even when duplicated she altered the makeup of the image to slow any attempt to close them all, and even then she kept them going, a flurry continuing to assault the mind or computer of whoever was on the other side.

Stills of bodies were the most common, but they weren't the bodies of the countless civilians who had been slaughtered, they were the bandits that had been slaughtered, either by Creature or by the security guard they had found. A zoomed still of the girl Creature had bled out by the ice cream shop, surrounded by panicked allies who tried to slow her death through the many holes that her blood leaked from. They were not just images, they were experiences, they were directly from the eye that had seen them. Beast, peering in at Ori, moments before Ori was on the lower floor and the inhabitants above turned into stuck pigs.

Your friends died.

More blood, more gore, wild mutations of the images as Ori's mind went wild. Audio files pushed along with them, words that were not Ori's, but once more overheard.

"She's still alive!"
"One of the security guys got her. Maria we are coming for you just hang on!"
"Pleeeease!" I'm so thirsty!"
"Hey, Beast. What the hell was that thing? He took out four of us..."


More and more, horrid images and thoughts and sounds, some of them weren't even of the events that had occurred in that time span, more and more slipped in as she tried with all her primal fury to lock the bandit out with the emotional DDOS. A few of Mary's broken gaze, her bleeding out, Ori's perspective of vomiting on the floor far from the cruise ship, years ago of burning and libraries and screams and panicked gazes without an ounce of want to help-


>Enable Defenses
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:49 am

There was a pause. A lull in the activity on the ship's internal network. Ori seemed to have struck a nerve. This gave her ample time to start poking around the ship's defense matrix. The Matrix had been disabled by using a simple trojan attack pre-emptively. This hacker had sent out emails, and eventually, one of the messages was opened by a security member, and the hacker was in. This explained to Ori how the pirates had so easily bypassed the security measures and protocols of the ship. They had command over the security, and as such, the personnel of this ship was nearly helpless against the pirate's rather well-coordinated attack.

>Enable Defenses
>External Defenses online. Scanning for targets.
>Target Acquired
>Firing

Ori physically heard a soft thump. Then more. Then suddenly there was an eruption of activity. Ori's mind received another upload. It was a simple image dump. Images of Ori's accident flashed before her. The fire in her home, her horrific burns, and then the grueling humiliation and pain of her recovery.

A text-based message was then sent to Ori "Hey wiggy wiggy, I like your scars owo"
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm

She cursed internally once she saw what part of the defenses had come back online, while she had wanted it all to kick into gear and pacify the ship, she can't say she was surprised that it wasn't that simple after everything she had been through. Honestly, she was exhausted, and even if she didn't manage to pacify the ship, she was taking a firm blow against the bandits. They could be gathering as much loot and profit as they wanted, but if they didn't have a ship to escape on, well, then it would dampen their plans. She didn't like to think of them getting control of the ship, but maybe this would incentive them to abandon their act. It was such a simple way they got in, she honestly felt bad for whoever first opened the email, if he wasn't physically dead he was most certainly dead in his career.

She furrowed her brow at the images that were brought up, and she simultaniously sent two messages two ways, the first was numerous randomly generated variants of the same message to the Bandit, to distract them long enough to let the other message through, which went directly to the system. The message to the system was more specific, based on what she saw of the defenses.

>Enable Interior Defenses
>Refresh Targeting Parameters

It was a simple trojan, and from what she could see its failsafe was a simple as 'it's secure as long as no one touches it.' Unless they had managed to somehow classify themselves as something entirely separate in the systems scans, then it would be able to differentiate them from normal civilians. Meanwhile, the message that was sent to the bandit was simple, but also was nothing less than spam.

"Thanks. You'll get yours, too."
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:53 pm

>Enabling Interior Defense Initiated...
>Refreshing Targeting Parameters...
>Update Required
>Do you wish to initiate Targeting software updates? Y/N

From the look of it, this action by the computer was nothing in relation to that of the work the pirate hacker had done. This was just laziness on the part of the ship's security personnel. The internal friend or foe targeting software was in fact corrupted, and horribly out of date. Likely because of complacency and the hiring of a mediocre or poor employee. The hacker really had no opposition on subverting the ship's computer systems to aid in the pillaging of it. All the hacker had needed was a passing knowledge, some patience, and a little calm determination and she had subverted the computer systems.

Ori saw it clearly now. The hacker had not even though to touch the internal defenses. The pirates had simply assumed this luxury liner did not even have internal defense weapon emplacements and drones. The core problem Ori faced was that updating the entire system could take time.

An image was soon sent to Ori to view. Ori saw her self in the room. Ori also saw Creature and the Guard had moved into the supply closet for one last hurrah together, and the commotion was causing the door to move rhythmically. Thankfully they were being polite enough to be quiet. Then the camera panned to the hallway. Ori could see a squad of heavily armed pirates was cautiously approaching. Beast was with them, as was a robed figure.

This wasn't good. Creature alone could easily take the entire squad. But Beast was more than a match for Him. Beast had after a serious fight successfully fought Creature off. The Guard was brave, but she was no superhuman and could only do so much.

"You will get yours sooner."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Cornered.

That's what Ori felt as she stared at the images, she had minutes at best, seconds at worst, until the squad of bandits kicked down the door and killed her. Even if she grabbed Creature to try and fend them off, Beast would win, or at least hold him off long enough for the rest of the bandits to open her throat, if she was lucky. She could only hope that the video feed she was looking at was current, and wasn't being delayed in some manner. Something caught her attention though in her mad dash to think of something in her own defense, the defenses had been deactivated in the attack, yet the automatic scanner still marked and sedated Creature. If it was a connected system, then maybe she could...

She pushed the automatic update to start, but unless it was a horribly designed system that would only occupy those systems specifically and prevent their use at all during the update. She knew they wouldn't be up and ready in time, but she quickly dug through the system and found links to the scanner. She was thankful, the security team, or whoever their IT would be, should be able to access and disable or change the scanners parameters, if some emergency would occur. Sure, she was breaching enough safety regulations and workplace codes to blackmark a resume for life, but she had the luxury of not being an employee.

Hoping with every fiber of her being that she had some control of the sedating scanner, she sent a command with bated breath, at the same time she shouted out to Creature- Assuming he could hear her from his romp. "Creature! There's a group coming in!"

> Set sedative paramater minimum to level 1 lifeform
> Set sedative dosage to medium
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Creature without missing a beat flopped out of the closet and on to the deck of the security room. "Shiiiiet!" He exclaimed as he began frantically pulling his trousers up and buckling his pants with the brass "Don't Mess with Texas" belt buckle that he owned. The closet door shut behind him, as the guard needed privacy. By the time Creature was one his feet, the door threshold had been crossed.

Only Ori's move worked. the security system responded not with needles, but rather a misty spray that caused the pirates to begin coughing as they rushed into the room. Beast who was the first through the door fell over, causing the other pirates to do the same. Their armor and gear clattered across the floor. Creature tilted his head and did a soft nod of approval. "Good job Ori!"

He then approached the sedated piraters and loomed over them for a moment. Creature then drew the gauss revolver he had taken off of the pirate corpse and began firing. Two shots into each of them. When he got to Beast he had to reload. Beast looked up at Creature and flinched fearfully, her eyes moved to Ori begging for something to be done. Creature was rather nonchalant, he was reloading the pistol. "Hang tight Ori, I'll get this shit storm cleared up. The cylinder slapped shut on the revolver and Creature fired a round into Beast's face.

Beast fell back and gasped still alive. "Are you shitting me?!" Creature said firing another shot into her. The Gauss shell didn't pierce her flesh. "I was trying to do this without fucking thinking about it, but you have to have fucking projectile resistant skin don't you? Now I'm going to have nightmares about killing you and your idiot friends for months!" Creature growled as he fired another ineffective round into Beast."

"Gaaah! Hurty! Please stahp!" She gasped as she squirmed in pain from each strike.
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Ori shrieked with fear as the door was practically thrown off its hinges by Beast and her entourage, barreling forth into the room with sinister intentions that she was not ready to experience. What followed them was a saving grace, her last ditch effort a resounding success as the cloud of fumes dissipated, and its victims fell to the ground with sickening thuds. She at least thought that it was a non-lethal dose, and she could at least rest knowing that no blood was on her hands. She turned away as he heart raced, a cold sweat having formed on her forehead as she typed once more into the system, resetting the parameters of the sedatives, and removing them so they no longer went off. The last thing she needed after all of this was Creature getting drugged. Again.

"This all is going to give me a heart attack." She groaned as she looked up to the roof, though she jumped in surprise at the sudden sound of gunshots. With a panicked look she glanced to Creature just in time to watch him put down another bandit, forcing her to flinch and recoil in shock once more. "Creature!" She complained, though it bothered her that her disgust was far less than it was earlier in the day. "I sedated them for a reason!" Though it was clear that she was making no attempt to stop him. She refused to look back over at him as he 'cleaned up,' but an unusual series of sounds forced her to look, leaving her grimacing as the shots only pained the great Beast that had foiled Creature yet had saved her before. She jumped up and practically sprinted over, though she was careful to not actually jump between them.

"No no no! Don't kill her, please!" She practically begged with shaky hands. It would be difficult to explain why she felt this way but it could be explained later, after all she couldn't exactly explain something that she fully didn't understand. All Creature had to do was not kill the beastly woman, it was up to Beast herself to understand why.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Creature was already mid-stride bearing down on Beast when Ori's plea caused him to stop. Creature loomed over Beast for a brief moment and Ori could see that the gartman had fully committed in his mind to bludgeoning the woman to death with that pistol he held in his hand.

Creature scratched the right side of his head with the barrel of the pistol. "Ori. Uh. I think enough has happened for you to get a grasp as to my fuckin reasoning for killing them. This one kicked my ass and then followed you into that store to kill you! I mean I'm all for mercy, but these people aren't exactly the let's hug it out type."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Creature had a fair point, and if she had the time to look at it from all points of views she could have appreciated his specific view on the subject, but given the stress on her mind and the strong desire to put any and all conflict behind them, all she could do was dryly swallow as her lonesome eye met his. This was a Gartagen, an alien. Even as much as civilization grew and spread, and aliens became neighbors both in the grand scheme of things are quite literally next door to one another, there was something distinctly foreign about him, that developed and instinctively twitched and acted with a biology so far removed from her own that it oft gave her unease with those she was unfamiliar with. She realized that a few seconds of silence had passed, and she dryly swallowed once more.

"She's- Different?" She began, glancing to the drugged form on the ground- The only one still moving at least. "She found me, back in uh, the room I locked myself in, before you... Cut me down." That brought up its own question, how did he know which part of the flo-.... Ceiling to cut? She didn't see any fancy 'See Through Walls! Amaze Your Friends!' tech on him. "And she didn't tell them, she just hid me again." It was mere moments then, seconds at best, yet it saved her life. The glance of recognition yet the stoic refusal to acknowledge that anything was seen at all, before cardboard hid the light once more.

Her thoughts were interrupted by her rolling stomach, a drop in adrenaline or something 'realization' that her body had that somehow she was still shockingly alive. She was sure that if she had actually eaten something in the last ten-some odd hours that it would be a mess on the floor at that moment. She let out an anxious sigh, giving a worried look to Beast before giving a half-face attempt of puppy dog eyes at Creature. "Please, just don't kill her? Give her a chance to not beat you up again?" Most of her wanted to return the favor, the natural like of Beast from such a small action, paired with the smaller desire to not want to hear what a skull getting caved in sounded like.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:06 pm

"Well, that's a pretty good question Ori." Creature said responding to Ori' thought as if he had some kind of psychic ability to read her mind. "Back when I went through the process of becoming super strong, they also put a computer in my head." He said pointing at his temple. "I can change my vision to thermal, movement, and so on. So I was able to zero in on your pulse and use that rifle to shoot the floor from under you."

Creature paused then tilted his head. "How the fuck did I read your mind? You mumble to your self a lot and don't realize it. You should get out more. I think imma start coming over to hang out with you and stuff. Anyway, yea, fine I won't kill her." Creature then reached over and grabbed Ori helping her out of the chair. "Okay, we are resorting to plan B. Get to a lifeboat and get off this shit show."

Creature then, like an ancient earth cowboy flipped the pistol about in his hand, then delivered it directly into the holster he had fastened to his hip like an expert. Creature's arm then streched out and he suddenly thrust a clawed finger out at beast claw at Beast. "You got lucky bitch. You should be thanking Ori." Creature said pointing at the fallen woman.

Beast looked up, gasping for air, blood on her lip. "Th-thank you Ori..." the woman weezed.
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:50 pm

...Did she mumble a lot? She hoped not. That would be creepy, and she already caught herself trying to watch her own mouth while she thought.

...Maybe she did. Crap.

Standing up with Creatures swift tug, she took a glance back at the computer screen. The automated defenses should be back on... In around an hour. She'd seen systems like this update before, typically they were fairly swift, it made her question how long they had waited since the last update. Someone was getting fired over that. Moving alongside Creature she paused, glancing to Chance and then Beast before giving an empathetic grimace. "Ah... Crap, Creature?" She called out to him. "Can we take her with us?" She asked softly. She had only seen shreds of Beasts interactions with the other Bandits, but something felt wrong to her, even among their ranks.

They didn't treat her well, that much was absolutely obvious. She was different, and whatever was different about her, Beast had seen something comparable in Ori, and now Ori was seeing it too. "I really don't want to leave her behind for the other Bandits, or the uh... Authorities."
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Creature tilted his head at Ori's question. "Ori." Creature said looking down at Beast. "Most people want a goldfish. Or a fuckin puppy. A space pirate? Really?"

Creature let out an exasperated sigh. "Seriously, when I figure out how to get us out of this shit storm I swear I'll hang out with you. As friends. Plus I'm pretty cool. We will even go see sappy romance movies because they are amazing. I also like country music."

Beast's eyes shot to life as Creature rattled off his interests. "Country music is for pussies."

A superhuman boot shot up and crashed right into Creature's face. The force sent Creature up into the air in a backward's flip, that saw the Gartagen fly into the glass window of the security room. Creature fell to the deck, and the battered beast was on top of him. Straddling Creature, Beast began punching. Left, right, left right. Into Creature's head. The thunderous blows caused the entire room to shudder.
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Perhaps Ori had been mistaken in whatever she saw in Beast, as the pure brutish skill of the woman rose to surface once more as she began to wail upon Creature. Watching her rise up and strike Creature, sending him flying back, Ori's response was torn between the pure comical nature of it, and the rising realization that she was an unpredictable danger once more. While she'd like to think that Beast wouldn't turn on her as quickly as she turned on Creature, it wasn't something she was willing to risk. She froze as she watched the violence, flinching as she could hear, and almost feel, the impact of each hit. What could she do? She wasn't Creature, she wasn't a fighter.

Her eyes lingered momentarily on the several guns that lay on the ground, but she knew that she'd either miss horribly or hit Creature, and even if she did manage to hit Beast, Creature had already proven that her skin was quite resistant to bullets. In such a case, the last thing she wanted to do was appear as a threat to a woman who could easily rip her in half. As she tried to keep herself from panicking, her eyes spotted something on the wall, a large red canister with countless chemical and safety symbols plastered across it.

A fire extinguisher, but not just any kind. She quickly moved to grab it, fumbling a little as she hefted the large can out of his position. It was instant-smother foam, a liquid foam that hardened seconds after it left its pressurized container. It was favored on starships because it could smother the source of a fire, like a pipe leak without using water that might damage nearby electronics. It slowly broke apart over the span of hours, and she knew it was enough to restrain people, after all it could seal high pressure leaks, she just had to hope that...

Taking a deep breath as she lugged the heavy canister, she wished she had at least looked up how to use one before, the pictograph instructions left a lot to be desired. Taking aim with the hose, she aimed it roughly at Beast, and pulled the trigger.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 pm

The foam spewed out and struck Beast's torso. The sudden shock of cold and pain from the foam expanding caused Beast to react. The monstrous woman stood up and attempted to shield her self from the assault. But it was to no avail. The foam puffed out around her face, and Beast lurched forward, rushing towards Ori. She swayed, unable to see, and smashed into a desk. Beast's strength meant that she crashed through the desk and then fell to the ground. The foam had gone super hard, meaning it could be used to not only put out a fire but likely to seal a hull breach. In this case, it had formed a thick virtually invisible paper mache around Beast's torso, arms, and most importantly her face. Ori could hear muffled screams coming from the foam, then they began to fade. A tense moment passed, and Beast's helpless flailing passed. She lay motionless on the ground no longer moving.

The room was a mess, and Ori would see Creature, still laying flat on his back. A pool of oily reddish-black blood had pooled into the crater left by Beast's repeated blows to his face. Beast had gotten the drop on him and had quite possibly bludgeoned Ori's strange protector to death. Possibly. Maybe? Creature's face even under the bloodstained cloth he used to conceal his grotesqueness looked like a crushed beer can. Beast's punches did the job. Yet something was happening. His head was returning to form. The broken flesh was gradually turning into fresh scars. Then Creature suddenly inhaled, his chest heaving.

He flopped over on to his belly and lifted the cloth from his mouth. He spat, and blood squirted all over the floor, as well as some of his teeth clattering. "Go to therapy." Creature growled. "Fucking express your self. FUCK YOU BOB! Oh...when I see that fucked up squid monster I am going to sell him to a Sushi Buffet...."

Creature slowly, and shakily rose to his feet. He shook his head rapidly then looked down at the lifeless Beast. "Oh shit! Ori!" Creature said suddenly advancing on Beast. "You like killed that bitch for me! I'd high five you but you look like you've never killed anybody or...thing before. I uh....." He then moved over to the foamed Beast and crouched. "Hey. You alive?" Creature said poking the head of Beast's foam with a taloned finger.

Beast suddenly flailed screaming from inside the foam Sarcophagus. "Oh, Never mind! Ori you didn't kill anybody, you only fucked her up!" Creature then stabbed his claws into the foam where Beast's nose should have been. "Hey, sorry about that. My friend Ori like stepped up for me...but she is kind of a Normie, so I can't let you die."

Beast sucked in air, rapidly. Desperately.

"Because if I let you die, poor Ori is gonna need therapy and likely have to deal with that shit for like ever. So uh....consider it your lucky day?"
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:55 pm

The recoil from the extinguisher was far worse than Ori expected, and it took a great deal of her strength to keep it fixed on the large form that was Beast. When she stood up, and charged at Ori, she almost dropped the extinguisher in a panic as she stumbled back out of the way, the expanding foam spraying wildly, and covering over the crazed woman's face. Even as her hands throbbed as she intensely gripped the device, she didn't cease spraying until Beast fell, smashing a table on her way down to a crumpled heap on the ground. Without realizing it, Ori was gasping for air, and as she watched the furious, quickly panicking struggles of the trapped, breathless woman before her, she threw the extinguisher down as if the device itself disgusted her.

She wanted to move forward, to help Beast, to let her breath but her feet refused to move, too many thoughts, too many variables flying through her mind. If she got close, Beast could grab her, and she didn't even have anything to break the foam anyway. Horror spread across Ori's face as the brutish woman seemed to still, and she could feel a coldness in her chest, something stiff and frozen that leaked through her veins, pushing away anything that wasn't worry and regret away. There was no warmth, no pocket of safety from it, a numbness that swept away anything she could grip. "Creature!" She practically shrieked, taking a weary step towards him, but what she saw was no better.

A mutilated crater of a face, cracked and bloodied, no semblance of life save for the pulse of desperate meat. She was already cold, already numb, nothing stopped it, nothing could block the flow of the feeling that paralyzed her. Creature shifted, words forming, but Ori didn't hear him, she couldn't hear anything except a shrill shriek that took her seconds to realize its source, her own weary throat. Her vision blurred, though she couldn't tell when it started, and she felt the uncomfortable stiff embrance of the ground below her and the wall behind her. Holding herself close, she buried her face in her arms, trying to control it, trying to find some anchor from the panic.

The world moved around her, but in that moment, Ori couldn't bear to be a part of it.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Creature's playful caricature continued on as he turned about. "Okay Ori lets go get a--" He then drew silent as he saw the young woman curled up on the floor and in hysterics. Creature was no psychiatrist or therapist. In his life, he struggled to deal with his own mental scarring. But one thing was certain, he did not lack empathy. Many would have grabbed Ori and have tried to hug her or talk her through it. But Creature, had been through this himself, and he understood what Ori was experiencing.

Creature made his way over to Ori and squatted down on his haunches to Ori's left and lit a cigarette. Ori would feel the warmth of Creature's palm touch her shoulder and the stiffness of his talons as they rested against her scarred flesh. He said nothing to her, he just remained in silence and waited.

The relationship droid stood, and observed. It stepped forward and eventually spoke. "I think we need to get her home."

Creature rasped a response to the statement. "Yea. I'm uhhh, workin that....."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:49 pm

It was a desolate place, a pocket of thought and feeling. The panic, the fear was inherent, and it seemed to be the only thing that burned through the barriers, and she knew that, even with it being unbearable as it was, returning to alertness would only make it worse. It was a cold grip on her heart, every possible bad-end and consequence occurring at once in her mind. Hell, almost everything had already gone wrong. She was just thankful that she didn't shove anything in the crockpot before she went to that damned group therapy, and quite possibly, that was the only good thing that had happened in the last two days.

Time was relative, and it was hard to hell how much had really passed, but the vague and the... Unfamiliar feeling of a hand on her shoulder. It was an odd feeling, so common that she saw it every day yet so rare that she honestly couldn't recall such a haunting touch.

Get up.

She didn't want to, of course, but that's what it always boiled down to. The feeling wouldn't change, perhaps in time it would dampen or other things would become stronger, but it didn't matter, even if in moments it vanished, in seconds it would return. She despised the words that echoed in her mind, but their source held a weight that she couldn't ignore.

You have to, so it might as well be right now.

The words were old, an ancient lullaby that wouldn't let her sleep. She didn't like to think about it, but she owed it to the voice. She took a deep breath, shuttered and broken as if she had been sobbing, and the world came back.

The ground was uncomfortable, cold, and the position she found herself in was cramped, forcefully small. The panic rose, and the reality of the situation came back as the smell of burnt tobacco and a somewhat distant, ragged breathing filled her ears. It was all almost too loud, even the ambient air flow. She lifted her head, though the bright lights were blurry, and she found herself quite puzzled by Creature kneeling next to her. She opened her mouth, but decided against questioning the only blessing apparent in the situation. She was sore, her body rejecting the day and the chaotic strain of adrenaline that fear had pumped into her. From the corner of her eye she could see the Chance AI, unadjusted and standing by.

"I..." Her voice was dry, and she coughed to clear the quiet from it. "I don't think I can do this."
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:30 am

Creature felt those words. Every day he woke up, he said that to himself. Yet every day he somehow did do "this". Of course, Creature knew precisely how he was able to get through it. It was not because of his impeccable moral fiber, rather it was his inherent weakness and frailty that made him able to cope with all the horrible things he had seen and done. Creature nodded. Looked up at the Chance AI construct. She smiled at Creature. "Hey uh, fuck bot, two Mojito's." He then snapped his fingers together causing the talons to strike together making a sharp CLICK!

"You didn't ask for this situation. But its here, nothing was ever changing that. I really do wish I could take pain and death and shit onto me, but I can't and that shit sucks. What I can do is get us both the shit on out of here. But if you die and I tell my girlfriend about it. Well I mean she is my girlfriend she just doesn't really know it yet...she'd probably be pissed at me for letting you get dead."

Chance AI came back in and presented two ice-cold fresh mojitos to Creature. "Thank you, random sex robot!"

"You are welcome.' The Ai said pleasantly.

"So, drink this Mojito with me, and then we can get the hell out of here."
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Ori tried to balance her thoughts, keep them in an order that she could keep her head above, and she found a way to do so by focusing on her hands as she shifted into a more comfortable sitting position. As marred as her hand was with burns and more precise surgical cuts, she found that rubbing her hands over one another helped shift her focus off of whatever was stressing her. Though, naturally her therapists recommended a stress ball or a color puzzle cube in its place. She took a deep sigh, glancing back up at Creature as he demanded some alcoholic drink. Mojitos? ...Humans could drink those, right? She hadn't exactly drunken any alcohol before, so the name merely struck her as a flat title of 'ALCOHOL.'

She winced as Creature offhandedly mention how pissed his supposed girlfriend would be at the possible event of Ori's death, not wanting to acknowledge the possibility or the swell of taut feelings that would accompany it. She would have to agree with this unnamed woman, she would certainly be pissed if she died, after all.

Reaching out with uncertainty, she took one of the mojito's, eyeing it suspiciously. "Creature, I've never had... Alcohol." Despite it, she took a breath, followed by a small swig.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Tony » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 am

The small swig turned out to be..much to Ori's chagrin a long exaggerated gulp. For her. Ori had hardly put a dent in the alcoholic beverage. But she found the lime and mint offset the bitterness of the tequila in the beverage. It was very well composed and dry of texture. The Mojito hit Ori rapidly, and she began to feel....god. Better than good. Ori felt flirty and attractive. Like she was the most beautiful person in the world. The anxiety and panic she had been feeling before seemed to evaporate. Along with Ori's reflexes, and thought processes.

She was drunk. Creature smashed his own beverage and tossed the glass on the floor causing it to shatter. Creature smiled under his facial wrappings. "Alright enough of that sweetheart, we will get you sexed up in a barroom bathroom after we get you out of here alive!"

Taking the Glass, and straw from Ori, Creature helped her up. "Alright, let's get to a lifeboat. Sticking around here fighting pirates is bullshit, I gotta get Ori to a real bar. Creature, Ori and the sex robot soon descended into the bowels of the ship.
User avatar
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:56 am

Through the open doorways, they could both see the evacuation area just ahead! Running, sprinting, they knew that if they just got inside, it'd all be over. They'd be safe, clambering aboard one of the life boats. Bursting through the threshold and into safety, a pair of soft, white gloved hands clasped over their faces before sending the two sprawling back.

"Well look at the shit-pile the dog left on the floor!" a scantily clad woman looked down on the two. "No wonder so many of the brand spanking new peeps in the audition were just dropping like flies - a wild Creature appeared! Bravo!" she began clapping her hands as as a twisted, wicked grin spread across her face. Dressed in little more than a black bikini and elaborately crimson frock coat, the skull and crossbones on her shoulders told them everything they needed to know. Space Pirate. "Well, I hoped the necro-forms would have just ripped you to shreds when I took the shuttle along with the sleeping beauty in the cryotube, but I guess that's too much of a stretch, huh?" she added, fists on her hips as she bent forward. With how far she was able to throw the two, she was definitely on Beasts's level at the very least, but something was different with the way she moved, the very clothing she wore shifting in a way they couldn't describe. "You even remember who I am, trash?" The woman shrugged. "Oh well!~ Time to die!"

Lifting up her eyepatch, a red laser lanced out, melting polished stone as it sliced across the floor, rushing right at Creature!
User avatar
Jabonicus
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: You are a looker!

Post by Jabonicus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Ori didn't exactly have the highest view of alcohol, and in a way she was afraid of what it would do to her head, and in that fear she had remained sober from it for the vast majority of her life. Yet that? Well in a way it tasted unlike anything else she had ever had, and she couldn't really say that she enjoyed the flavor, but the immediate lifting of her worries seemed like the siren song to a life of alcoholism. If so, she could just blame Creature for it, not that it would fix the haunting melody.

She detested the way it slowed her thoughts, and how it brought further disconnect between her brain and already nonathletic form, but... Despite how much she could declare and shout within her own head about how wrong the feeling was, it never seemed to sway the lightness of her emotions. If anything would keep her from drinking again, it would be that disconnect.

That was, until, a hand that was easily the size of her own face blocked her one good eye, and the floor vanished from beneath her. Weightless, careless, if only for a moment, and then the pain began. It was a hard hit, a bad landing as her forehead collided with the ground, followed by her back slamming against a wall. In a split second she was stunned and breathless, gasping for air and for reprieve from the agonizing pain. Whatever calming, peaceful effects the alcohol had passed, and the sobering chill of adrenaline fed into her novice veins. Her head felt too small, constricting her blood in the strange after image of the impact, and with a shaky hand she went up to put pressure on the throbbing spot. She felt a wetness, and vomit pooled in her gullet. In all honesty the push wasn't even that bad, Ori simply had no idea how to handle the situation, and could not have fallen in a worse way.

Panic, pain, fear, the fear was the worst of it. She tried to clamor to her feet, which only made the throbbing in her head all the worst. One hand covered the cut on her forehead, the other supporting her wait as she looked around. Necro-forms? Sleeping beauty? cryo tube? None of it made any sense, none of the words meant anything to Ori. It was like she had somehow stumbled onto the set of a movie and coincidentally fit the role well enough to where no one told her it was fake.

What could she do? What could she do? She tried not to freeze, but nothing came to mind. She most certainly couldn't outfight or outrun her, if anything, staying down and out made her less of a target. The laser scorching across the stone only reinforced her decision, yet it also opened up a door. If she was controlling the laser with her head, it meant there was a channel, likely closed, likely unavailable, but a channel nonetheless. Ori had no idea what kind of system ran the laser, no idea how it connected to the pirate, much less what kind of security was in it, but... As she concentrated, the very least she could do was see what was there.

With a grunt, trying her best to not collapse down into a crumpled heap, the chip in the back of her neck began to whir with vigor.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.
Post Reply