Star Dragon - [Ch.2] Electric Lady-land

Broke? Hungry?

Join the Chimera and do some merc work to get money and food. (Temp description)
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Star Dragon - [Ch.2] Electric Lady-land

Post by Tony »

""Zo, vat mein friends. Arh ! It is ein zimble mizion. Put it is not for zee faint of heart. Arh ! It is like ein pounty, only ve do not vant zee target aliffe. Ve merely require broof of terminazion. Arh ! Pe it ein fiteo recorting or ein pody bart. Vicheffer vu brefer. Arh ! Nein ve Hunderstand zee Reich's currency is not Haccebtable bayment. Zo vat ve vill bay vu Diridium pars. Arh ! Ten zouzand pars."

The Eldar Reichman loomed over his desk and leered at Sura Monika, and Aiyana. He wore a medallion over his chest that was his badge of office. A planetary Governer. He bared his old yellow teach from under his heavy jowls then continued speaking methodically. "Ve vill bay vu ein guarder of it Hubfront. Arh ! Zee bayment is Halready peing prought to your schtarschip. Put I do varn vu. Arh ! Effery ozer pounty hunder vo ha taken zee chob has not come pack aliffe. Zo, I must schtress. Arh ! If vu do find zuccess, vu vill haffe zee gratitude of zee Reich und its Koffernment."

Sura looked about the room as the old Reichman spoke. It was lavishly decorated with awards, plaques, and various trophies. This man was indeed very important to the Reich to afford such a Lavish working environment. The Old man then slid forward a small data disk that indicated the Target's location. "Good Luck." He added, before slowly swiveling his chair around so that he no longer faced the Trio.

Sura walked and the Trio soon exited the room. "We may have struck it rich," Sura said struggling to contain her excitement. "I just. Should we tell my dad? Or try to surprise the crew?
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Star Dragon - [Ch.2] Electric Lady-land

Post by Aiyana_Aster »

Aiyana was listening- at least struggling to listen to him at the moment. This accent was thicker than peanut butter and she was just silent through it all. The elf was dressed in her casual garb of long black pants with a pair of heeled boots and a long-sleeved button-down blouse. Her long iridescent hair was tied in a long neat braid that hung down to her backside and her hands were folded to rest against the small of her back while respectfully listening.

The danger didn't bother her too much, it made her nervous but she had been taking on dangerous jobs for a while now. The elf would give a small nod to what he said, her eyes looking around the room before back at him, "Thanks." Aiyana told him before she turned and left.

This wasn't the first briefing she'd been through but definitely the hardest to understand that's for sure, "We might have...least I hope- we need to survive it first off though." she said before thinking and biting her lip a little bit, "Can surprise them? But I'd advise giving a little heads up to your dad so he isn't left fully unaware of things." Aiyana suggested to her. It wasn't her call on it but still she offered her advice.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lone_badass »

Astilla would be waiting outside the room dressed in a sleeveless olive drab flak jacket and cargo pants of the same color with a armored vest worn under the vest simple boots adorn his feet as he stood in parade rest by the doorway.

hed just started working with the crew after replacing some meathead a few weeks back of course bringing a large sum of money and "standard gear" from global robotics helped as well. watching for anything suspicious while using his headset to pick up on and listen to any radio communications within range just in case something were to happen.
Last edited by Lone_badass on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham »

Monika hated aristocrats. She was a sailor, a fighter, and she hated politics. Still, the aristocrats did have something she did like: money. She liked money. It let her buy pretty things. The job didn't bother her, she could think of a few ways to get the target placed, lased, and permanently glazed. It was not time for that however, she had a more important thought. "Nah, let him be surprised." She grinned in her somewhat ice-blonde way before looking to Aiyana. "Don't worry, we can survive." Her gaze shifted after, however, to Damion.

"Come on, Damion, before the Gendarmarie begin to think you're the new guy. They'll make you go get coffee and nacht damen for their amusement." She gave a motion and continued to walk down the hall. She wanted off this rock, badly. It reminded her of herself before she took her leave of her fatherland. She almost shuddered at the thought.

"Let's go, I'm hungry and I do not believe you all want to stop for my kind of food."
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Sura kept walking but listened intently to what Aiyana was saying. She knew Aiyana was right, the only problem with it was that playing it safe was leaving the Chimera to be little more than a run-down heap of junk. Sura looked at the data disk. "He is just going to turn it down." She said flatly. "Its too dangerous, or that there aren't enough details."

Sura sped up her pace and tucked the data disk into her jacket. "If we take care of it before ever telling him we can give him the money and have put it towards actually paying the crew and getting the ship up working a little better." Sura then nodded to Monika. "As well as getting some good food on the ship."
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster »

"Well...asking for forgiveness is oftentimes easier than asking for permission," Aiyana told her simply. The ship and crew needed things and this job would get them that, "How hard can this job be anyways? We can take care of it." Aiyana said with some confidence at least- showing she wasn't as unsure as she had been those many moons ago.

"Food that doesn't taste like it soled a shoe would be a marked improvement." The elf said with a small laugh as she kept up rather easily with Sura at this point. It was straight forward, get the job done, get paid and use it to help several things that were in need on the ship, "Also, for now, put any payment of mine towards the medbay. I want as little as possible myself but the ship needs that for safety reasons- in my opinion." The elf told her as they all walked together.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lone_badass »

Astilla would follow behind monika as she suggested listening to the banter. "I've been meaning to ask this monika since we landed but why did you leave these....people seems you learned alot from them." He asked with noticeable curiosity before adding "Oh also nice to be working with you again....elf girl? sorry i forgot you name been busy trying but failing to beat big stoat at anything workout related." thinking on the subject of payment Astilla would be lost in a bit of thought before speaking. "Im probably going to put any payment i get into helping the engineers get better tools and or better engin."
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham »

Monika looked to Astilla with a pleasantly thoughtful eye. "I did my service to the Kaiser, but I wanted to see the stars on my own course so here I am. Been wandering for years," She looked to both Aiyana and Sura with the same eyes, "and if you want something other than my cooking, you make chow for the crew." Her expression was hidong her upset nature at the fact that no one liked what she was cooking.

Despite this, she put her mind on a more serious note. "On the lines of the job, there is a certain way we have to think about it. Either the old fart was telling us the truth about the attempts that his men have made or he was lying to keep up the image of the Reichmänner and the Bundeadeutsche at large. Either way, we take this like any other job," She stopped and turned to her companions of the day, "it gets us better provisions, parts to fix and maintain the drive coils, and better medical supplies so we dont have to keep cutting ribbons of cloth from old shirts for bandages."

Turning back around she kept talking, turning a corner without missing a beat. "If my time is the Unterraumsboote Korps taught me anything is that an objective can always be completed barring you have completed enough planning, reconnaissance, and intelligence gathering to know when your enemy is... so those in the Alliance say... with their trousers down, Jä?"
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Sura listened as Aiyana, and Monika shared their two cents on the situation with her. She let out a small smirk as Monika once more brought up her cooking. "I'm sure you food would taste great if we had more than bread cubes and algae bars to eat. With this money, we can get things to make your food taste amazing.." Sura nodded at her two companions.

She looked at Astilla. Then she looked at her datapad. Sura then drew her pistol and shot Astilla with the stun setting. It was a vice model pulse pistol. The weapon cracked when fired and let out a blue bolt of energy. The big man dropped to the ground and it set off all kinds of alarms. Sura holstered the weapon. "So the bounty was on Astilla...." Sura said.

She showed Monika and Aiyana her datapad.

Apparently. "I had been wrestling with it. But when we brought Aiyana back to her home, Astilla opened fired on some alliance personnel who were present trying to see if they could render aid. One of the officers was an Ensign Jaeger. Who was some nobleman's son? The nobleman put out the bounty on Astilla for the unintentional killing.

Alarms began going off in the building, and the guards would be showing up very soon. "Help me disarm him," Sura said as she moved over and began searching Astilla."
Lone_badass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lone_badass »

As Astilla was laying on the ground his muscles working against him to even get up. "No offence Kiddo, *grunts* but i dont keep track of who But hate to break it to you but unless you plan to take me back dead this might not go to plan for you." he spoke lowly as he attempted to get his body to cooperate with him getting up. 'If worse comes to worse i don't hold back and attempt to escape since this planet's gravity is less than my homeworld.' he thought to himself. "but if I remember correctly didn't that group take a large fireball to the treeline as well Ayiana?"
Aiyana_Aster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aiyana_Aster »

When Astilla asked for her name again, she rolled her eyes some, “Aiyana and keep trying maybe you will one of these days- beat Stoat at something.” she said to him rather casually. So they were both meatheads, great and she thought one was bad enough.

The elf would turn her head some, looking at Monika as she spoke and listening rather intently before giving a little smile, “ I tease, it's not bad… one ship I hopped on I was literally given something that was like the sole of a shoe…yours honestly is better than that one.” she told her as she wasn’t aiming to upset her.

The mention of algae bars made her shiver slightly- now she knew why she rarely ate, algae was not for her for sure. What she hadn’t expected though was Sura to turn and shoot Astilla with a stun gun, causing her to step back but then take the datapad to read it over. Her heart was pounding and she felt like she was going to be ill as they brought up the old mission. The one she had been with them where they had rescued her.

The mention of her own fireball made the elf shrink into herself some, “You shot first. Without cause, it was a reaction- that was different.” she told him as she hesitantly went over and helped pull off weapons before shaking her head some, “And here I‌ thought that nightmare was over.” she said as she would let Monika help and she would just pick up the stun gun and hold it to Astilla, “You did fire without orders, I‌ know what I did but I‌ didn’t use a gun.” she told him before looking at Sura, “Is there one out for me?” she found herself asking- even though her ears were killing her from the alarms.
Tony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Sura's plan worked. The guards came in and detained Astilla. Shortly after, Sura collected the bounty, and divided it up among the crew. Purchasing more fuel and some minor repairs on the Chimera became a priority. The chimera moved on into open space for their next adventure.