the other side of hell (open)

With one disaster after another, the crew of the Edward Deming are stretched thin after another incident places their friends and family in danger...Some will go to great lengths to achieve their goals, though others may not be so eager to make a Faustian bargain.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

the other side of hell (open)

Post by Lone_badass » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:01 am

with everything that transpired on Edward Deming between Esscast and Zenigata as well as Esscast lack of involvement in nearly everything involving the group had seemed to effect Esscast in some way he Bearly left his quarters and when he did each time he looked worse like lack of sleep the only person to ever be inside Esscast room for long periods of time was the ecur squad cqc speacilist smells of burnt material and a faint metallic smell has come from his quarters the last few days also during these days Esscast has not left his quarters other that grabbing coffee those who have seen him notice him mumbling about improving someone or something as well as seeming malnourished and writing obsessively in a red folder and was recently brought to the attention of command staff from the prisoner headhunter of all people offhandedly mentioning the sevear lack of Esscast latly...
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: the other side of hell (open)

Post by Readlliea » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Cold floor....cold smooth floor. The young adlet didn't like this. Not one bit. Even the winter snow was better than this. At least then, the snow cushioned his twisted paw. This floor was just making his paw hurt more. The sores that he had on the scarred appendage were now opening. Causing blood to leave the paw and thus making him wince more. It hurt, why did this place have to hurt? Coming to a pause, his light green eyes looked around. Only to find....they were lost on this ship. Their curled tail twitched before lowering somewhat as unease took over the youth.

However a open doorway caught his attention. Was this a empty room he could just duck into? Honestly...he hoped so. Doing his odd limping walking, the pain surged through his paw before he set it down wrong. A scream left him as he lost his balance on the metal floor and he landed to the ground. His human upper half being visible at the open doorway by the person within the room. Esscast would see dark brown hair along with a pelt of grey and slate on the youth's shoulders. As they curled up somewhat, Esscast would catch a glimpse of some white fur at their waist. All in all, this was a adlet he wouldn't recognize.

And for Tupaarnaq, they were unaware for several moments. Until they felt the familiar sensation of eyes being on him. Twisting himself around somewhat, his light green eyes went wide as he spotted the man. Now Tupaarnaq wasn't malnourished, they were thin but nothing like Esscast's condition. The teen hadn't seen anything like that before. Being in a new enviroment, the youngster was quickly scared as he rolled onto his back and scooted across the floor. His back pressing against the wall and Esscast would be able to see droplets of blood follow the white and brown furred adlet.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Esscast had been sleeping in his chair hands and arms covering his face as he slept pages covered the walls and table and floor of variou anatomy of human and somthing else as what apeared to be a unfinished robotics project with a purple jar in the center held a moving mass of slime. his sleep didnt last long as he woke up to someone screaming out in pain and in his half asleep dazed state waking to screaming he dove to the side covering his head yelling "medic"
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:05 pm

The yell made Tupaarnaq flinch as he saw the other form just spring to life as they did. So the teenager adlet did what he knew. He curled in on himself to a sort of ball shape; as well he couldn't bend everything to make himself into a perfect circle. Basically he just pulled everything close to himself and stayed put, huddled against the wall shaking. However due to his twisted paw, he couldn't really bring that as close to himself. It twitched in pain as he laid there. Waiting for something else to happen.

Usually when tribe members yelled out, it was to warn others. To get everyone's attention. And yet....no one else responded or came. Still, in a new environment. The adlet just stayed put. He knew he wasn't able to sprint like his species was known for. He was crippled.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Esccast sobering up a bit notices the adlet in the room '...A room?...no im ok shes safe theyer safe...hes safe they didnt find me i didnt put them in danger' he thinks to himself while looking around the room. Seeing the adlet walking over he made sure to pull his half mask above his nose to hide the neon veins forming.
"Hey, kid were did you come from....i wont bite."
noticing the foot on the adlet he walks over to the nearby desk and pulls out a stiff fabric item bending it till he heard it crack he walked over to the adlet.

"noticing the foot you must be in alot of pain, here this will help the pain mind telling me what your doing here? its not polite sneaking into peoples rooms"
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm

NOthing else came to suggest that there was something going on. Although he slowly peaked out form their arms. Only for his green eyes to go wide as they adlet tried to scurrying acrossing the floor to get to a different spot. The odd effort of them grabbing at the floor and using one paw to do the motion, honestly would've been funny to see. Their white and brown stripes were bristled. Making the teenager's lower half look even bigger as they stayed hunker downed. In actuality, being faced with a stranger whose lower half of their face was hidden was even more terrifying. Often tribe members wearing something over their face was meant to hide who they were. Sometimes other tribes used this method when scouting or raiding, so it was harder to identify which tribe had attacked.

The other thing that had them more on edge was the glowing light emanating off of their arms. Although their attention was removed from that to the odd item being offered to them. A few blinks left em as they held their damaged foot closer to em. Not sure on what to make of this. None of it made much sense. A shaky finger pointed at the glowing veins on Esscast.

"A....are...ancestor's speaking....to you?" The adlet asked, his voice filled with fear as he ignored the strange object being held at him.

Now of course, due to fear. Esscast's comments had gone ignored. Mainly due to the youth being frightened and on edge.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:22 am

Esscast looked down to his arm "Well not exactly but a friend is talking to me she cant see what i see and she starts to warn me by lighting up like this so that i know shell help me if Im really in danger, you shouldn't worry kid were safe on this ship they should when i calm down." Esscast saidtrying to reashure the young adlet to not be afraid.

"my name is Esscast, whats yours?" he said extending his hand.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:32 am

"Tupaarnaq..." The teen answered.

That was strange, how did a friend talk to someone like the Ancestors? Of course Tupaarnaq had no idea how the Shamans talked to the ancestors. Glowing markings in his young mind, seemed to be a good jump in his mind. However they were still wary. As they were still in a foriegn place. Sure he had been warned and brought into this place willingly. It's just.....so hard to adjust.

"What...warning?" he asked after a few moments.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:58 am

Esscast leaned back "ill be honest with you kid, its not good but it usually warns me of lethal danger or in bad cases bad people from my past found me." Esscast laid the cold pack down before going to a open book on his desk Writing the adlets name and short visible description before shutting the book and putting it in the desk drawer before locking it.

"if you want i can tell you a bit about myself so you feel safer."
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 pm

What were they doing? Tilting his head, the teen watched Esscast walk away from them. Curiosity had them as they watched, though he cuoldn't see past the other man's form to see what they were doing. So he merely stayed put. That didn't make him feel any better. What danger was there here? The shaman said he'd be safer here....but there was danger here? How was this a better place for him to be? The ground here was slick and smooth, it was so easy for him to slip and fall. It was worse than ice!

"Shaman said it was safer here than back in wilderness......but it's not? Since you have that....happening?" Tupaarnaq questioned, pointing at the glowing of the man's arm.

What good would asking the strange man about themselves do to calm him down?
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Them man nodded "i guess your from toklo's planet then huh, well yes its safer here than on your planet not because of were we are but who is here as well you have me frank toklo who took on a assassin by himself and kicked his ass a while ago...you have a few others including green squad and geiban kid ill be honest with you it safe here because someone would be to stupid to try to cause problems on here of the violent kind."

Esscast glowing vains started subsiding so he lowered his mask as the neon veins retreated to his chest under his outfit. "if you dont mind me asking what was the reason you came aboard, im not sure what alls been goingon since the cambridge attack everyone even my freind mentioned i lost my mind."
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 pm

"Who's Toklo?" Tupaarnaq asked, tilting his head.

The name was adlet sounding, so that put him into some ease. Slowly the teenager was calming down. Seeing as how the mask was removed and the glowing fading away. That meant the danger was past right? The words Assassin were foreign to him though. However he at least sat up somewhat. His twisted paw being held closer to him but at a odd angle due to the twisted nature of it.

"Star Lady showed up at wandering Shaman's camp...he said that I would be safer with her people." Tupaarnaq answered. "I am....burden to any tribe. I can't hunt, I can't sprint....my tribe is in mountains. Large rock where paws are needed to help hold onto the shape of the rock...."

The youth held his twisted paw to more to show just in case, Esscast hadn't taken noticed of how twisted it was. When the youth walked, he was clearly walking on the top side of his digits. Slowly he brought it back to himself.

"I can't survive on my own in the wilderness...Wolf Heads and other predators will easy get me....I am sitting duck to say." Tupaarnaq added.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Esscast sighed to himself walking over to his desk pulling out some supplues before walking over to his bed putting on clean sheets "lets take a closer look at that pawpit of yours, its just seemes like it healed wrong." pulling out two small pouches one containing two eppi pen injectors one blue one yellow the other a numming ointment and bandages. "forget not being usefull to others if we dont fix that issue there you could need amputation if you were anywhere else thank the maker with all the walking weapons here we have some very nice medical stuff to help...would you like me to fix that for you?"
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Seeing the strange items that they pulled out of pouches, the youngster kept his leg closer to himself. Fear starting to go through him again as he stayed there.

"it hurts enough...." Tupaarnaq muttered fearfully, not making a move closer to the man.

After all, he just met em. To put that much trust in a stranger...that would be a stretch. His fur had started to smooth out at least.

"only looking....right?" he asked.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Esscast nodded walking over the young adlet wound notice its hard to move and he feels heavier as Esscast stabs both med injections strait in the adlets foot so it nums his foot to were he cant feel it as he starts to bandage it the adlet can see his foot bones reseting themselves without feeling them "you are not to leave the bed until your foot fully heals."
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:49 pm

For Tupaarnaq, he would assume fear of this larger man coming toward him was the cause for his lack of moving. His curled tail bristled as it stayed where it was. That still didn't stop a scared scream leaving him as the larger man soon stabbed two different strange things into his foot. Due to how tender it was the stabbing basically was what hurt more than anything. The adlet wanted to run for it. But nothing was wanting to cooperate enough for him to run away from this. Putting everything he could into it, he attempted to kick the larger man with his good paw.

"Liar!! LIAR!!!"Tupaarnaq screamed as he attempted to swing his good leg harder, too afraid to be looking at his paw. "Looking only!!! LOOK! NOT STAB!!"

The teenager's energy would falter with his attempts though, merely trying to curl around himself as he took to trembling. Now the teenager was back to being afraid of the larger man. After all, he had done the opposite of what Tupaarnaq had asked and while there was good intentions. It left him more scared.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:58 pm

"yes im a liar and you broke into my room so ill call us even your alive and your foot is healing so job well done sitting back down at his dest he begins looking atseveral old looking peices of fabric with a microscope and writing down a series of ones and zero's. looking up at the kid trembling he shook his head "im sorry, you needed to have you foot healed...if you want ill show you how to read stichcode"
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 pm

"I didn't know!! I fell! Floor is slippery, worse than ice!" Tupaarnaq cried out, fingers slipping into their messy dark brown hair as they cried. "IT was open...I don't know what is in what doors....snow is better than this grey ice..."

A frightened child, that's all they were. Sure they were a teenager but it was clear that either they were never a confident one or that damage to their foot had taken it away. More specifically how the tribe might've treated him when he got the injury. Sure he survived his injury but being unable to sprint and run? He wasn't worth the time to train how to hunt. He was cast out. To be fair...the tribe couldn't afford to feed a mouth that wasn't pulling it's weight...this winter's Great Hunt had been worse.

Bright green eyes looked to Esscast, a look of fear and distrust toward em. What was a Stichcode? That was a odd mesh of words.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:21 pm

Esscast texted Zenigata "hey, just curios but are all the adlet males as whiney and pathetic as you? just did some medic stuff on one and he wont stop crying i might have broken him ill let you know" putting his messinging device away after sending the message he sits down next to the teen "stitch code is a code or secret way of writing to others to either send warnings messages or other texts to others without knowing." handing the adlet the piece of fabric with a different line of thread stitched in "now depending on how that colored line is weaved in colored thread on the back or dark side is one while the light side is zero once you have all the numbers you break them down into possible binary code to get your message".
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Zenigata felt displeasure go through him as he read the message. Though he took a moment to calm himself.

"Are all super soldiers assholes like you? Debatable." ZEnigata messaged. "No, not all male adlets are like me and I can only assume you are talking about our current guest, Tupaarnaq. He's a teenager who got cast out of his own tribe due to a injury he received and had to fend for himself. Which is a struggle with a bad leg. He's also in a new environment, that alone should warn you to try and use some caution when interacting with him."

Sending the message, the doctor rubbed his eyes. Oh boy. For some reason, he had a bad feeling on this. And then...it hit him.

"Wait...you didn't do a procedure on his paw?! GOD Damn it Esscast!! He needed time to adjust to this environment, I didn't do that yet due to him freaking out when anyone tried to look at it! We gave him antibiotics and everything to prevent infection and you just destroyed the small trust he had in us? Please tell me you had a actual doctor do it!" Zenigata's second message read.

Tupaarnaq shuddered as he laid there. It didn't hurt...which was confusing. Although, he felt light headed with all the crying and fear going through him. So seeing Esscast coming closer, he scooted toward the wall that the bed was next to. Their bright green eyes kept looking between Esscast and the piece of fabric, listening to em but clearly on edge and wary of the larger man.

"L...like...Ancestor's omes?" Tupaarnaq asked.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:19 am

esscast looks at the text "relax crazy guy no need to get your tail in a knot, i used those injections that the ecure squad have been using to heal injurys.....whats the worst that coul.....oops gotta go." he finished the textjust to panic zen.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:23 am

"Oh I forget, breaking people's trust is what you're good at." Zenigata started to message. "What do you mean? ESSCAST!!!"

Anger and displeasure rippled through him harder. The fucking jackass knew this damn...ARGH! Shaking his head, Zenigata put the device down and sank in his seat. No more. He was fed up and done with this bullshit. Everyone treated him like a fucking joke...that was it.

Seeing how his question went unanswered, Tupaarnqu stayed quiet. At least they had stopped crying as he rubbed his eyes. Trying to remove the lingering tears as they felt tired. Tired from the attempts to kick a being away that it did no good on.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:46 am

esscast sighed looking at the adlet for a moment his mind hazy as he looks at the scared teen bits of fashes in his vision show him someone whos not who he sees. shaking his head he picks up the blanket draping it over the teen standing up "get some rest kid ill try not to scare you again sitting back in his chair he winds somthing on his desk as it plays a soft luliby tune the adlet if he chooses to lookwill see Esscast eyes start to get a solem look to them as his mouth starts mumbling words to the music in his hand a photo he fished from under his vest as the song end he whispers to the photo "i promis we may never see each other child but they wont ever hurt you again."
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:43 pm

The weight of the fabric landing around his form made him cringe, shaking slightly more. It honestly was a normal reaction, considering the situation. They were tense and afraid. Of course they did take notice that there was nothing else happening to em. Blinking a few times, before they relaxed somewhat. The music was a thing to catch them off guard. Being able to play music at any time wasn't something the tribes did. Usually music was reserved for ceremonies or events. Sure tribe members would practice but that would often happen more near the event that was going to take place than anything. Due to everything though, Tupaarnaq quickly drifted off. Not able to focus on anything else and thus not noticing the strange behaviors that Esscast was doing as they feel unconscious.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 am

Esscast had written a note and slipped it under Zens door written a note if he were to open it it read.

*Zenigata your a man of honor of willful hope and a shining reminder of the hope each person has and how fragile it is, take care of frank and Sonia their good people and id hate to see either hurt from my dissension, let Geiban know hes doing a fairly good job keeping this circus we call a ship in check if you have time let green-thumb know Im sorry and same for wazu....i guess im telling you this because of everything thats been happening with the shit on board and that that hunter thing attacked to recapture Jamie and 984.....im going back, to where this all started to where i was created im putting a stop to them ever coming after anyone again and making anyone else lives work dont try to follow i cant garente anyone safty not even my own i left money on my desk for the armor dmr ammo and explosives im taking i guess this is goodbye zen dont make the same mistakes i did...ps look after glitch for me i left her behind after stablizing her*

he made his way to the nearest dock with the old fighter craft he first drove to the recruiter office before joining afl. taking one last look around and shook his head before getting in and flying off his fuel gage enough to get him to his destination but not back.