Side Mission 03: Ecru Squad

With one disaster after another, the crew of the Edward Deming are stretched thin after another incident places their friends and family in danger...Some will go to great lengths to achieve their goals, though others may not be so eager to make a Faustian bargain.
uso
Staff
Staff

Side Mission 03: Ecru Squad

Post by uso » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:16 am

Fort Barrera,
Planet Hawking
Morning

Green Thumb was holding a clear cup in her hand. Fancy logo on the front, warm coffee inside, a variety of whipped creams and sprinkles floating ontop.

It was still early. a bit of morning fog kept anyone from looking out too far into the distance at the fort. Various hangers and other large structures were set out on the flat runway like surface that made up Fort Berrera. The hanger they were infront of was nothing too special. It was a large arched structure, built to provide plenty of space but not too heavily reinforced against attack. The air around it was just starting to warm up for the day, a slight breeze starting to come in off the ocean.

Green Thumb would take a sip of her drink. Steam still rising off it.

Still a bit too hot to start on.

"This place is going to be yours. Hanger #C2B280. Not too much to look at right now... but it has air conditioning and all the air you can breathe."
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Side Mission 03: Ecru Squad

Post by Lone_badass » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 pm

984 nodded at the hanger, "I trust you'll look after the civilians or reintegrate them into society?" taking a pack of illuminating chalk off his belt and began marking out sections of the hanger labeled with varies words such as berrics, med bay, research and engineering, armory/training area and much more "This is rather spaciest, gonna take some time getting used to the legroom."

984 turned and saluted green thumb "Thank you ma'am. If I may ask would you happen to have a blowtorch and armorer tools we can barrow, I don't think our ship will fly again, girl barely got here in one piece from what i'm told so well probably purposes her."
uso
Staff
Staff

Post by uso » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:16 pm

"We don't have the time or the resources to reintegrate them into our society. The disaster at New Cambridge is eating up just about every spare engineer, tool, and resource the Alliance has in the area. We've already got a medical ship in the area that will be processing and clearing your former crew but that will be a slow process. We'll need to keep them here for the time being. Our machine-shop can make just about anything, we have a few raw materials we can spare, and just about unlimited energy thanks to the infrastructure that supports this place.

We're going to have to figure out what we're doing with all these people soon. I assume not all of them are going to want to join the Legion."
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 pm

984 shook his head "no ma'am not everyone would wish to join mostly the parents and children. However our science staff and engineering staff would join up and all us guard units." ill take a trip to that machine-shop and see about updating our armor baste loosely off of yours." looking around nodding to himself he asked "out of curiosity greenie why did you put me in charge of the guards i mean you have the means to easily force us to follow anyone but you didn't why?."
uso
Staff
Staff

Post by uso » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:04 pm

"You can smell a leader, right now you're it." Green-Thumb said, "And use my call-sign Green-Thumb instead of calling me greenie. It is important to develop proper habits for communication."

Green-Thumb would cross her arms. Her tone serious,

"I don't need 'more soldiers'. There is a hanger full of combat drones that can handle any simple task we can throw at them. What we need are people who can be professional, adapt to changing situations, and work with a larger team to complete missions.

Ever heard the phrase, 'Every marine a rifleman?'. Here it is 'Every marine a tactician'."
Lone_badass
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Lone_badass » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:50 pm

984 nodded "my apogees green-thumb, and i understand that but you must also realize were not normal soldiers each one of us i taught to run well in squads of 2-3 and you ran into some of those units they wore the modified pilot helm and light bending armor coating. now were by no means special forces but were more like forced recon or those who can pull recon over watch and anti sniper detail" 984 mechanical eye flashed a bit before he asked "so, why do you have the name green thumb? some sort of gardening joke perhanps next you gonna tell me theres someone who goes by green bean right?" 984 chuckles shaking his head at his joke.
uso
Staff
Staff

Post by uso » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:10 pm

"Green-Squad used to be Green-Squadron. Everyone sorta, took their own call signs with the same theme back then. Of course, there seemed to be less and less of a need for manned fighters lately and our operations were shifting more towards supporting soldiers on the ground.

Turning into an actual marine unit with a focus on remote piloting support equipment fit our mission profiles a lot better than trying to remain strictly a flying force.

And... I actually like growing things. I've got a small garden out behind Green-Squad's operations hanger. Most of its automated and the peppers that I grow there are turned into salsa. I think the soil here makes them really spicey too... you can't tell from space, but once you're under the trees this whole planet is kinda harsh." Green-Thumb explained.