Chapter 12: Zenigata Vs Hoshiko

With one disaster after another, the crew of the Edward Deming are stretched thin after another incident places their friends and family in danger...Some will go to great lengths to achieve their goals, though others may not be so eager to make a Faustian bargain.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Chapter 12: Zenigata Vs Hoshiko

Post by Readlliea » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 pm

CLick, clack. Click, Clack.

The sound echoed within the room as claws scrapped the metal floor. Even returning from the visit with his tribe had him still on edge. The adlet paced within the confines of his quarters on this ship. Lab coat resting upon the bed that was still neat and tidy. The only clothing upon the adlet's body was a creamish short sleeved shirt and a pair of pale grey pants. His straight tail trail behind him as he continued his unrivaled pacing. IT seemed...this was becoming second nature of sorts. Pacing...worrying was a easy thing he did. After all, he helped to heal members of the tribe before. And while he could still worry while doing that job, he knew how to hold it in. How to compose himself and stay on target.

Diplomacy however....he was unskilled at. Dragged along a few times with his father to meetings with other tribes didn't count. Kaskaes would go round and speak their mind, if a disagreement accord, Kaskaes might fight. Tribes might go to war if neither Kaskae could let their lose go in the hut of leaders and felt their pride injured. His father was prone to violence...so much so, many knew those caribou antlers upon his headdress weren't just for show. But a means of defense and offensive measures if the need arose. Words didn't stand long with his Kaskae, words only did so much. Often the older Adlet would tell him:

"Words are often meaningless unless part of tradition and teachings. Words don't solve our tribal troubles."

If only they could and he was open to other means. It had been shocking that they made that deal with Wazu for the medical aid. THe only technology he would accept. Perhaps, his Kaskae would be willing to further expand that area but...the doctor didn't get hopeful. After all, he knew his Kaskae better than what Wazu did. Which was why....this mistake, this blunder, was such a problem!!

IT wasn't his Kaskae dooming the tribe, it was him! The medic, the healer!!! THe son of the Kaskae who never wanted to get close to his father's position ever! And yet...he was the fool who thought he could help a different race....a fool to think, he could handle all of this. The clicking of his claws on the metal floor stopped as he stood there, hands pressed together as they soon twisted upon each other. Knuckles going white when he paused and pressed them together. As if the movement and building pressure of his hands would give him some ease. It didn't.

Heart rate picking up as a few gasps of air left him, shoulders hunching as he allowed his hands to release the pressure; stinging slightly now. A swish of his black and white tail flung a few stray hairs free of his double layered pelt. Thoughts racing on what to do. What were the chances of getting the she-cat bitch to leave his people alone? A apology? What chance was there of that happening? She would just call him...THAT word again and say that she wasn't in the wrong. That as the Supreme Bitch, that everyone was lowly and that well....a apology would only be another means to step on others and squash them out.

Uncertain eyes glanced down to the floor, while metal in nature, he wondered if he was seeing small scratches into the floors form all his pacing. Hard to tell, might just be smudging from his paw pads on this floor and not damage to the actual metal. Raising a paw, he slammed it down on the floor. The only sound other than a thump was his claws making a 'tack' sound. Lifitng it up revealed...nothing. No changes to the metal. Narrowing his brows, he raised his leg higher and slammed it down harder. The thump was louder as was the 'tack' sound. But the sensation of force through his limb spread faster, lingering longer as if to tell him this wasn't a wise idea. Did the metaphorical stomp feel the same way to those who stepped all over others have that sensation? No. Their foot literally wasn't stomping down upon those they were walking all over, thus no force would go up and through them. Their muscles wouldn't tense with the anticipation of that force.

Glancing toward the mirror, his black hair was a mess. Gaze looking slightly tired but he knew the glint in his eyes was that of worry, fear. And yet...he could almost swear he could see the Kaskae just behind him in that reflection. Stern gaze, square jawline, and broad shoulders making him look larger than life. Those eyes held a authority to them while his own? Held nothing but foolishness, nothing but worries, and uncertainties. Fears running rampant with nothing grabbing a hold of them to try and stop them before that fear caused a snowball effect that caused problems. Much like now...really. Staring at those eyes....Zenigata gritted his teeth before reaching for something that rested on the night stand.

A firm object in hand with teeth gritted and brows narrowed as his own eyes glared back at those of a higher authority. Raising it, the object was soon slammed against the mirror without ever leaving his hand. Tail bristling as it raised up, holding a position that didn't say submission but a more dominate pose.

"You're ways won't help us here!!" Zenigata snapped at the reflection as he pulled the item away from cracking glass and slammed it as hard as he could back down.

The mirror's flesh splintered and cracked, spreading like the silk of a spider's web like the lies of big cats to their lesser forms. Piece by piece the remains of the mirror fell and a exhale of displeasure left Zenigata. The item in hand was firm, a small statue of some sort. Glancing to it, it seemed to have endured the blow. Well then....he had no damn clue on what this was. However, he had a better idea on what he could do for this situation. DOn't play it like his Kaskae.

Tossing the item onto the bed, he rubbed his eyes, and reached for his coat. Putting it on, he headed easily for the door and asked where he could find a certain....Tai Pan Diplomat. Some were...reluctant to give him the intell but a loops around the more frequently populated areas of the ship, he got a answer. With that, the clicking of his claws on the floor wasn't that of pacing. But of walking forward toward a destination. A destination that wasn't desirable but...the only option that he could pray would work.

Apologize.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 12: Zenigata Vs Hoshiko

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:29 pm

With the international conference at recess, most of the various ambassadors either retreated back to their own ships, mingled with one another in the common area, or in one particular person's place, simply sat waiting in one of the many private rooms. These private rooms were neither too large nor too small, and featured a single table and several chairs for people to confer in. But the one that had Zen's interest the most had guards standing at attention. At six feet tall, the figures were just as tall as he was, but lacked the same backwards bending digitigrade legs that he had, and seemed distinctly human save for the tail. Despite this, their bodies were covered from head to toe in a black armored bodysuit, their heads topped with a faceless helmet. These muscular females - vaguely so - were standing guard at the room's entrance, door open. Yet, some primal part of Zen realized that up ahead was the den of a wounded predator, the most dangerous of them all.

And he had to go inside.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 pm

The tension in the air...the feeling he had....was it tension? Or was it his own mind playing games with him as he arrived upon these guards and the door they guarded. Primal feelings and instinct was something adlets did know. While he was a adlet and not a member of the tribe constantly focused on hunting or defending, he had the skills that they did. Just not as promising. Predators were naturally dangerous, after all. THe flocks of the deer, wolf, and eagle beast had many ways of causing harm. Hooves that were sharp were capable of slicing flesh if angled the right way but were reknowed for breaking bones if they stomped down upon you. Bruising flesh at the same time. Fangs of the wolf, skilled at tearing into flesh with the same powerful grip of a wolf. Wings able to send a strong guest of wind to make any unskilled or not on guard adlet to loose their balance. And finally...the antlers. Piercing into flesh and fling bodies over head to where other members of the flock could snap you up and start tearing into you, or let you slam down on the cold snowy ground and stomp on you.

Even when wounded...a predator was dangerous. A wounded predator was on alert more so and instinct to survive would kick in. They would fight harder or try to flee, but...even then. A fleeing predator might tire of it and would spin round to strike the one hunting it. After all....a beheaded wolf can still bite the arms or legs that get too close. A deep mental breathe went off in his head.

"I am Diplomat Zenigata, if your Ambassador is in, I would like to speak with her on business." Zenigata requested.

The slight signs of a female build didn't really interest him. He was used to seeing females of the tribe partake in many jobs, hunting and even defending. Plus coming with Wazu, it was a common theme of woman being in any possible job. Which, he was fine with. For now...he waited for a response.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 pm

For a long moment, nobody answered, and the sense of déjà vu, of having been here before, only became stronger. In fact, he had been here before, and she in there just a few steps away, right?

"I don't understand," a woman's flat toned voice finally began. "I leave the door open, and most ask for permission to enter. It is not as though my guards are barring entrance either," the speaker observed from within. Seated further inside the room, the Taianese woman was just out of view, with only the barest hints of her cheongsam's yellow hem and all-terrain combat boots as the only hints to her presence. The Taianese didn't grumble, but that didn't mean they couldn't be unhappy. "You may enter," Hoshiko replied to Zen.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:23 am

"Just...trying to do proper manners is all." Zenigata apologized.

That and it did slip his mind that she'd leave her door open. With everything he'd been through lately, it was hard to keep every little detail straight. As he walked forward to enter said room, he still didn't see much. The boots and skirt was all that was visible within the darkness. Not much. It still didn't feel pleasant being in here. The room...dark and dreary, much like how that entire incident went. In a way it was the same event happening all over again.

His heart was drumming in his chest, anxious and fearful. Mimicking the past feeling of being in here before. What if this didn't work? What then? Was war truly the only option? It wasn't what he wanted...his people would be slaughtered and wiped out all thanks to him. Taking a moment to ready himself, he directed his dark brown eyes toward the boots. It was the only direction to go and honestly, he could only attempt to find her face in the darkness; course he wouldn't find it. He just didn't want to stare at her feet the whole time and get called something else.

"I have come to apologize." Zenigata said in a calm voice.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 pm

As he entered, the dim lighting slowly rose so that they could see each other in full.

"Proceed," came her flat voiced reply.

Many would have immediately thought that this was typical of the Taianese, and perhaps Zen would too. That 'holier than thou' attitude backed by their genetic superiority and the physical ability to snap someone's neck through sheer brute force if they so wanted. But, with this glass table between them, a sudden realization hit him. She was smaller than him, and if they were standing, perhaps by a full foot. Plus, but Tiger standards, she was certainly small and dainty. Despite the superhuman strength she possessed, this was not a front-line fighter. Hoshiko had her legs crossed, her eyes firmly on him, but the Adlet then realized that she was also tense and drawn up, her armored fingers locked together as they rested in her lap. Under that cheongsam that bordered on modest and enticing, she was fully armored, and both her guards - the thought that they were both female came up in his mind again.

Did he even see this all before? Was she this way before? What did this all mean?
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:44 pm

With the lights on finally, Zenigata...wasn't sure on what to make of this. Seeing a smaller figure...a frailier looking figure...no...was this right? It had him perplexed mentally, although he took great care in not allowing it to show. Was this why that feeling was here? The wounded predator? No...the dress was over it, over the thing that he had faced that day. What the hell...? No no, never mind. Attire over armor was the least of his worries.

Taking a deep breathe, he exhaled quietly. Ignoring the fact she was a female cat who seemed to have a bitch switch on during their original encounter.....ignoring the attire that didn't seem to fit what he had seen that first time. There was a small thought. Were all the Tai Pan...female? It didn't feel impossible, given how she had gone on about them being created once upon a time. And yet, he had a more possible thought. They could just be ruled by their female members. Not unlikely, given how some societies worked. And his knowledge of Tai Pan was small.

"My apology is for how I acted upon the night of the opening for the summit. I was nervous and lost sight of the people I was suppose to help." Zenigata started, speaking sincerely and clearly as he focused on looking at her than anything else. "My emotions took the better of me as I have never been in this situation before on such a large scale. I panicked and lost the control over my emotions. I ask that you leave my people alone, they don't desire reaching other planets and causing you trouble. If you wish to experiment so much on a adlet, you can do it to me as fair trade for me having angered you that day."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm

As Zen spoke, Hoshiko's gaze remained on him as she stayed completely still.

"Apology accepted, Mister Zenigata," her plain voice replied to him. "However, the force-recon group will proceed. Your capacity for violence initially appeared to be very high, and I need to know the threat level of you and your people towards my own," the Vice Admiral explained to the Adlet in front of her. Now that he was inside her 'den', unlike before, Zen could see that she was as still as a statue, the brilliant blues of her eyes entirely focused on the doctor.

She felt threatened, the young man then realized.

By him.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 pm

"Violence isn't what I want. I took the positon of a healer to try and end that cycle. I agreed to try and help Mr. Wazu to end the need of a medic, to use words." Zenigata replied.

His tail twitched but stayed behind him, his arms were down at his sides but not near any pockets. Breathing as steadily as he could, he stared back. Her? Threatened of him? The look was like a frightened predator, watching the hunters stalk around it. Once it held that position, then reduce to the prey. Why?

"We have spears and arrows, stone or bone daggers. We aren't a threat to your people. The adlets don't even know you exist." Zenigata stated simply. "I still object to you doing this recon, my Kaskae has no taste for technology. He only took medical technology as it would save the lives of his tribemates. He shunned any form of armor and weapons that were offered. The old ways are the preferred ways, a life of the land. A life where we hunt and sprint through the fields after prey to keep us alive and when we die, we return to the soil. The Tai Pan have all this tech, while the Adlet have not even the length of your own fur's worth of tech. While you...are filled with it."

She held superior strength. She was the one who had a suit that would do a great deal of harm to him more than a single claw on his paws could. How was he to convince her? How could he do this?

"Emotions play a role in the lives of many. My emotions got the best of me due to a new environment, a new situation, a duty I was not used to, and well I personally wasn't a fan of how you seem so superior than others. But that last part isn't important." Zenigata continued. "If you want, you may strike as many blows on me as you desire if I am a threat. But I promise this, my tribe isn't your foe and nor am I. What it will take to convince you I am not sure, words are my hope here. Those eyes are just like a predator who once stood tall and hunted others but now finds itself on the other side of it. You aren't on that side, you are still the predator here. You still stand and hunt others, what I want is for you to leave my home alone. I have no desire to do a thing to yours or you. If a pound of flesh is what you want though, you will take it from me and not a single innocent of my people."

Calm...stay calm. Just try and talk. But what if this failed? What could he do? All he wanted was for the tribes to be left alone.

"You have genetically altered strength, superior than most species yes? Adlets are merely fast, natural sprinters. But we hold no inhuman strength despite the legs and tail I hold. To our knowledge, we didn't come about the way you did and in all honesty, I remember your story during the meeting despite freaking out internally over the incident just moments before." Zenigata added. "Oh how Toklo constantly screws up...how I constantly screw up. My mother died having me and I blamed myself as I never got to see her lovely face, or hear her soothing voice. The only thing I learned of her was that I inherited her straight tail and for years, I blamed myself. I thought if I could be a healer, I could make amends for taking the wife of the Kaskae and leaving him with a son who had no desire to become another Kaskae. A chief...a leader of the tribe. I desire none of that."

His gaze glanced away as he collected his thoughts. Soon they returned to her.

"What I desire is to keep to them safe however. I learned that my mother never blamed me for her death, that she was happy to trade places so that I could live. There was complication after complication in the pregnancy and it was a hard endeavor to keep me in. She wanted it for some reason, she would've lived if she had stopped taking the herbs to try and strengthen me. She wanted me to exist for some reason and I want my tribe as well as Tribes I don't know, to keep existing. To not be wipped out because I had a lapse in judgement." Zenigata added, firmly as he remained put. "You will take your pound of flesh from me and no other. No other Adlet will suffer and no other Tai Pan will be involved."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 pm

As the Vice Admiral's eyes stayed locked on Zen, the door suddenly slid shut as one of the guards pressed a button.

"You are telling me - " Hoshiko's terse voice began, pausing briefly, " - that your people are primitives? Stone wielding things that have barely discovered fire?" the petite woman asked, her hands falling down to grasp the edges of the cushioned booth as she leaned forward. "I would say that is highly unlikely, your value next to worthless," she began. "Unless some scheme were planned, some use made." Hoshiko glanced to the door as she sat back in the seat, her eyes settling on Zen again. "Prove it to me," Hoshiko's emotionless voice challenged him. "Prove to me that you and your people are not worth the notice of Tai Pan." Viewing the woman and her nation like a wounded animal, the tribe-born doctor suddenly realized that everything about the Taianese made much more sense.

And now, the moment had come.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:03 pm

The door did make him jerk some, his tail swished as he was tempted to look behind him. However, he kept himself still. He kept himself still. Eyes focused and attention returning to the woman.

"We do have fire but nothing much, so yes...primitives if that is the word you wish to use." Zenigata answered. "There is no scheme. In all honesty Zenigata isn't my name, it's a name I choose to use outside of home to better fit in out here in order to be taken seriously. So people wouldn't focus on the odd little name I do have and maybe they would listen to my voice and words as I try to help. Toklo is my real name, a odd name and probably stupid sounding."

A small shrug left him as he stood there. Which name was stupid? Zenigata or Toklo? Honestly...he felt like Toklo would be a problem, get too much attention. Still...he didn't like this whole mess. What...was he to do in order to prove this?

"I'm just the son of a Kaskae who has no bond with their Kaskae as their father, I'm the disappointment that tries everything to not be a leader in order to not turn into him. I have no worth, the tribe would probably be pleased if I never showed up. As I don't plan to take my father's place and even if I did, the duty would be to protect the tribe from the dangers of predators and other tribes. Nothing else." Zenigata said. "I heal, I make salves and use herbs to try and fix things. To hope infection won't arise, to hope a broken bone heals properly so that the adlet afflicted can keep living."

Course, the glance she had toward the door did catch his attention. Did it mean for him to leave? Would that prove it? Staying and talking wouldn't? In truth, he had no idea on what to do. The door was closed, he couldn't just walk out. What was he suppose to do? HIs heart started to race as he stood there, trying to come up with something. ANYTHING else to say, in hopes of persuading her.

A few moments of silence went as he took a breathe and sighed. A small shrug leaving him as he stood there. What could he do? He tried. He tried as hard as he could, the words didn't seem to convince her.

"A planet of primitive hybrids that can't do space travel and have no interest in tech, not sure what else there is." Zenigata admitted. "Still, I doubt we'd ever meet again so, Tai Pan still won't be known on my home. You would be safe on the planets you own, and we would be unaware of you. Holding no desire to go beyond the stars, I only left to uphold a bargain with Mr. Wazu between the Kaskae and him. I'm just a pawn that is trying to help a race similiar to my own. So the Adlet aren't really anything, multiple small tribes scattered across the planet in which some tribes die out. Some constantly move across the planet, hunting and gathering food to survive. While you are in a better standing. You have high grade armor and tech to protect you, you have genetic advantages that will aid you against many foes. I am sorry you had to even learn of our existence."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:21 pm

As Zen continued to talk, Hoshiko's ears flicked back, flat against her head while her striped tail slowly began to wag back and forward.

"Enough of your blabbering," she finally snapped at him in her voice level and calm despite the words meaning anything but. "I do not care about you, your inane life details, or any other sort of misdirection on your part," the fleet commander tersely added, slowly leaned closer. "I told you to prove that you and your people are not threats, and if you are exactly what you are, you will do as I say or suffer as my forces verify this themselves," Hoshiko calmly commanded him, her brilliant blue eyes blazing like the crackle of lightning. Realizing just how close she had leaned to him as she spoke, the tiny tigress retreated back to her seat as gloved fingers drummed on the glass table, legs crossing again. "If you are as much a disappointment as you claim yourself to be, perhaps you had not thought to ask your associates for evidence as to your proclaimed harmlessness?" she then suggested to him. Though Hoshiko's words were as emotionless as they ever were, he could still feel her scathing scorn.

A wounded predator was still a predator, and if he wasn't a threat, what was he?
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 pm

"Associates? What does Mr. Wazu have anything to do with this? He needed someone to be the diplomat on his side for the Kiwomians and my father only accepted medical supplies, while trading me off to try and make me a leader." Zenigata replied. "How am I suppose to prove it when all I can do is tell you. I have no pictures of my kind, no cameras on my world to show you how life goes there. All I have are words to prove to you what my kind is like, and you seem convinced all my words are misdirection or whatever. We're primitive with stone and bone weapons, we don't even know how to shoot a gun! What is there to prove if you aren't willing to be open minded on it?"

Granted, he only learned due to Wazu insisting on it for his own safety. Turns out he had to use it on a eel thing but that gun was given to him.

"You have the superior strength and fire power, you could probably just do a flick of your fingers at me and launch me into that door without trying. We can't do anything like that." Zenigata added with a small shrug.

There it was, the wounded predator. What did this darn she-cat want?!!! He was NOT taking her to the there. No way in hell, nor any of her guards. They'd no doubt slaughter and abduct while he wasn't looking.

"We've been the way we are long before Mr. Wazu showed up. And I tested the medical stuff he gave us, all of it checked out. Hard to understand at first but, I figured it out. Granted, i had nothing else to do at the time. So understanding tools meant to save was more of my priority." Zenigata said. "I don't know what you want me to do. If you want you can have your guards try to break my bones and see what my body can endure from someone of higher strength, I'll tell ya it won't endure much of it. Probably none."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:43 pm

"You try my patience," Hoshiko's dangerously softening voice smoothly replied to him, slowly rising from her seat. "It would seem that you are an imbecile, so I will tell you what to do," the Tigress looked down at him, nevermind that she was shorter than the young man by a foot. "You will go to your associates, most likely Wazu or Diana, and ask them for evidence of your primitive, crude nature, be it camera footage or pictures, and bring this evidence to me," the tigress serenely instructed him. Despite the calmness of her words, the sheer threatening menace behind what she said couldn't be dismissed. "Fail to do this, and my force-recon units will soon proceed to reconnoiter your people for ourselves," she warned him, finally sitting down on her booth seat again.

The margin for error was shrinking.
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:29 am

And you've been trying mine. Zenigata's thoughts rattled in his head.

Even with her standing there and the presence he was feeling, he stayed put. Looking at her, watching her as she looked at him with those disapproving eyes. When she moved back to her seat however, Zenigata was done. The adlet took a seat on the hard cold floor, his gaze still focused on her.

"No." Zenigata replied firmly and calmly. "We are solving this here and now, without the need of third or fourth parties. You claim my race is a threat just because I lost my temper in a strange and stressful environment, what does that say about yours? You are dead set on violence. You are the one threatening innocents when the one who damaged your pride is sitting right before you, offering you what you desire. A lab rat, to torture and do as you wish to in order to get the info you want. And for what end? You are already stronger physically and you hold armor that would defend you even if you lacked that genetic alteration. So tell me..."

Zenigata put his hands together as he stared at her, stern and serious. A page of his father's book he did without realizing it.

"What is your threat level to my kind?" Zenigata retorted, throwing what she had told him back at her face in a way for her reasoning for this. "We have spears, you have high grade blasters that could put a hole in any adlet before we can even get to you if you just showed up on our home. Cameras and recording? You would rather send my people into a panic and fear with technology they don't understand and don't want. What trust with Mr. Wazu would be broken with this intrusion of tech and we would lose the supplies of medicine we received as a deal. You wish to abduct, torture, experiment, and dissect innocents who have nothing to do to with you for what gain? Cause you 'think' they are a threat due to the actions of one who came here to help a different race? Threat level high from Tai Pan, desire for violence? Tai Pan has a extremely high thirst for violence from what I'm seeing here."

A wounded predator can still hunger, but rather than hunt what was needed. THis predator was just slaughtering food. Not eating it and then living on, but killing for no reason. Causing everything to go into ruin, to destroy everything around them.

"All for what reason? Cause I stood up to you? Did I somehow damage your pride? I don't know but, having emotions doesn't make violence. Violence is made when dark and evil actions are thrown onto others. Sitting here, you have the very thing that made you unhappy and it's being offered to you on a silver platter. And yet, you persist on taking life. You persist in wanting to destroy. You wish to wipe out a whole race just because one member of it, did what? Made you upset?" Zenigata questioned shaking his head as he sat there. "If I had tried this meeting prior to today, I might've just walked out when you told me. This time I am not. I am staying until you give your word, until your desire for violence is no longer desired on innocents. You would rip a species who is used to primitives brutally off their ancestral home to do cruel acts on them without a care. You are the violent one, I am just the emotional one. I told you I am sorry for angering you that day and I offered many ways to fix it as this matter doesn't involved race long genocide. No. It involves you and me, two seperate beings with different emotions and different desires. So tell me, what do you desire if you do torture my speices? After you erase it, what then? Would you feel remorse?"

A small sound of his tail thumping as he sat there. Focused, merely watching the she-cat who sat in her chair. His fingers were still interlocked, lightly tapping the top of his hands. He wasn't going to send his people into a frenzy with pictures or cameras. Recordings would probably make them think that their souls were sucked out and that they wouldn't be able to join the Ancestors upon death. Too much risk, too much danger in it.

"I'm not taking cameras and pictures to them, they will think their soul was stolen. But...I will bring items. Artifacts you might call them but every day items for that. No third parties, no recon. Only if I have your word you will call it off." Zenigata added.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Though Zenigata had gone from standing to sitting, he watched as the Taianese woman shrank back from him as he spoke. Of course, being Taianese, it was subtle. Oh, so subtle. A small tilt of her head from him, as though drawing away from a foul smell while trying to remain polite. But with no expression otherwise, this tiny, faint movement was something that Zen's eyes picked up. It only grew more pronounced as his tail thumped.

'I was so foolish. It was hurt, and I tried to help it,' a memory of an antler-gored villager came unbidden to Zen's mind. 'Wounded beasts lash out at anything that looks like it could hurt them,' she had gasped at the young healer, eyes filled with tears.

"I asked for concrete evidence to substantiate your claim, but you continue to evade my simple request," Hoshiko's calm, placid voice spoke. "Furthermore, you refuse to enlist the aid of more capable individuals. You give me no choice. The force-recon and their attached science group will proceed with their information gathering as planned so long as your people remain an unknown." Staring at him with her cold, blue eyes, she gestured to the door, which slid open. "You will go."
Readlliea
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Readlliea » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:44 pm

The small gestures were noticed and well, he was trying to ignore them. After all, what else was there to do? His father would've thrust a spear long ago but now? Oh he certainly would've lashed out with a attack. No trying to talk, no nothing. And of course, if his Kaskae were here, they would die. She would slaughter him without even lifting her hand; probably had a gun attached to that armor in some shape to where a small gesture would make it appear and fire. However there was something that made him jerk back as the memory hit his mind.

A hunter...a tribe member who happened to have half of a rack from a deer or some other form of creature that existed back home. They laid there, a hand to their side as the in training version of himself put their hands around the wound. Looking to find their mentor in order to give better aid than a foolish attempt to stop the bleeding with the antlers still IN the patient. Still the words came, and even in the present the adlet's eyes watered somewhat and a few tears streamed down. It was a harsh lesson to learn in any form back home.

Being ripped from it, her words hit hard. It hit the spot that Zenigata had tried to push away. The spot that seemed to always cause problems...and yet, it was the spot that kept helping him do nothing but create problem after problem. Failure after failure. Only getting to see his mother's spirit once and despite her claims that she never once blamed him for her death...a guilt he had himself for as long as he could remember. Every fail, and ever reason that problem arose...hit him mentally. Reaching up with a hand, he smudged the tears away on one side. Hearing the door open and the voice of she-cat telling him to go.

There was no heart left in him...to even try. He'd done what he was trying to avoid. He brought more problems down on his whole kind. Without a word, he did rise to his paws and turned. The clicking of his claws on the floor as he otherwise left without another sound. There was no strength in the adlet to even attempt to speak, after all....where did speaking get him? It was as his father said.

Words are often meaningless unless part of tradition and teachings. Words don't solve our tribal troubles.