Article Contest: With Art Reward!

Announcements and communications from the staff
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Article Contest: With Art Reward!

Post by CadetNewb » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Alright, I'll try and keep things short and simple.

First and foremost, the winner is going to get an artwork commission with a maximum budget of $60, and the follow up will have a maximum budget of $40 to work with. I'm looking for a well written article on a historical event in the setting. Its format, content, and originality will be taken into consideration by staff and voted on. On top of that though, if the winner of this event decides to have the artwork done of their historical event instead of having a personal commission, they will instead have a much larger budget to work for. I've never really commissioned a scene before, so I'm going to make sure there's a good amount of wiggle room.

Currently, regarding the nations around, the Alliance is on reasonably good terms with the Dominion of Ersetu, and a WWI-esque relationship with Tai Pan where they are allies but hate each other. The Dominion meanwhile, has very cold relations with Tai Pan, and finally, the Gartagens don't like anybody. Meanwhile -cough-spessorks-cough Atraxians are like space Mongols and grape and pillage anybody and anything. At the same time, I'm under the impression Kowloon is trying to be on everyone's good side and Tai Pan's in particular since it's a suzerainty under it.

Ring me up or the other staff in Discord, though asking stuff here doesn't hurt either - this comes to a close in two weeks on 10/19/18! That's the Friday after the next!
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Article Contest: With Art Reward!

Post by CadetNewb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Just a heads up, the contest deadline is being pushed back to the end of the month. Didn't mean to squeeze you guys!
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:52 pm

With the month coming to a close, the article contest is as well! On the 31st, I'll be looking through our contestants to choose the winner - anyone who's competing, please PM me a link to your article! Though I'll be taking a peek at them before the contest comes to an end, I also need to keep track of everyone who's in the running.

May the odds be ever in your favor!
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:19 pm

And it's time to announce our winners! Though we had several good entries, there can be only one winner, but we will remember the tributes who have fallen with honor!

Tied for 2nd Place are @Riko and @uso, for their creation of The Invasion of New Brussels and Hawking Colony Uprising accordingly. Each of them will receive up to $40 for a commission as their prize - I'm not petty enough to make them split it XD

Now, the winner for 1st Place is @Ham with his Wangdaio Colony Blackout article, with up to $60 dollars for a commission!

In order to collect your prizes, simply send me a PM of what is being commissioned, the artist, and their fee to let me know - once it's time, I'll cover it via Paypal.