[The Gentle Breeze] Chapter 2 - It's A Thriller

Society in The Empire of Tai Pan is divided into three tiers. The 1st Class Taianese themselves, the 2nd Class who got the gene mods necessary to become Taianese in body but not mind, and finally, the 3rd Class. All the riff-raff too poor or without the social and political ties necessary to get their hands on those expensive yet wonderful gene mods. Segregated and with fewer rights, there's little room to move up in society. But, one Taianese woman in particular is wondering if this should change. Can you prove yourself to her in this story of combat, slice of life boredom, and bizarre reality?
Sageshooter
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [The Gentle Breeze] It's a Thriller - Chapter 2

Post by Sageshooter »

Stadt der Anfänge,
Keep Main Hall

There was a moment where Rikka's eyes went wide in shock at the nude form of Dante. She shifted her gaze away and was glad her now heated face wouldn't be seen with the scarlet complexion at her embarrassment at seeing the naked man. But as he heard his words, her eyes narrowed as she turned back on the undead woman who sat next to the lord...

It was quick for her, smooth like a motion she had practiced for decades. A hand went to the spear on her back, pulled it free, and launched it square for the undead woman's throat. She had begun to walk away before it even hit, as if it was a done deal. She stopped next to Royama for a moment on her way out of the main hall. Bright blue eyes stared down at her in a silent judgement before she just continued to walk out of the hall. Her spear had been left behind, but it wouldn't be tough to realize she would be back for it... Breaking the threshold of the hall, her wings switched back to their full pearly white feathered countenance, a rain of feathers falling from them as she headed back to the square to deal with whatever manner of evil was still there, where this entire day should have ended.

She would have words for Royama when they were back though.
ArsenicJohn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ArsenicJohn »

Brigid looked at the disintegrating undead lady who now had a spear through her throat and then to Rikka. She rolled her eyes at the angel. "Typical angel, huh? All the shit that comes out of your mouth about justice doesn't mean a thing. It's just parroting words. You're nothing but a weapon, no independent thought in that pretty little head." She said, shaking her head. "This little Lordling is the one who needs to feel your wrath!"

Shrugging, she walked over to the Lord. "The angel may not care about the people, but the big breasted giant catgirl will come back and pay you a less friendly visit unless you stop being a dick to the peasants. You don't want that, do you?" Brigid said icily to the Earl.
Characters

Corgan Garret - OGRE Alliance Marshal

Muk Skullcrusha - Atraxian Mech Pilot

Brigid "Peitho" Lilfaris - Yazata Tai Pan Auxiliary Soldier

Claude Xiao - Jongwu SpaceTuber/Occult Investigator
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles »

Stadt der Anfänge,
Keep Main Hall

"If we're following what seems to be classic 'fantasy' rules- I doubt Viz's 'holy' magic would heal someone who is both very undead and a witch. She's turning to dust. She's accomplished what she came here to do and we've fulfilled our end of this 'quest'. Trying to revive her after she's already been revived one time would be insulting and a waste of everyone's time. Also- calling Viz a 'medic' is a little insulting. She waggles her fingers around to do 'magic'- She's a priestess. Her goddess does all of the real work." Royama snorted, "This is a wrap- We'll rendezvous with Sif and head back to the ship. After we let- uh- Jayden recover from being stunned." She motioned towards Jayden with a little waggle of her fingers, "Next time let's not forget to keep our cool ladies."
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham »

Kikyo looked across the hall, eyes eyes stopping at every event. From the Jogwu's overzealous aggression that made her lower her expectations of her to the stark naked demon who had strode in near the grand finale, and finally the mound of dust that was becoming from the woman that they had carried here. She looked to the Angel as she left the room, her frustration visible in every fiber for her existence. She was a fish out of water.

It was hard enough with the varied cast of this outfit for the Catgirl, nevermind Rikka. She knew she didn't know what kind of weapons they carried, the machinations of the sector at large. Did she know of Tai Pan, or the Wangdiao Colonies of which was no more than the dust of the witch in the corner of the room? It was fascinating to her.

Walking over to the spear flung by the Angel, she pulled it from the wall and held it in hand. A craftsmanship often abandoned in favor of mass production, she had only seen relics behind glass or depicted in pictures and legend of yore about the Angels of her old domain of which Kikyo barely remembered. She held it to her shoulder and walked out after the Angel. Passing Royama she gave a worried look.

"I'll make sure she gets to the rendezvous, use my suit's transponder if our overlords wish to pick us up."
CadetNewb
Commander
Commander

Post by CadetNewb »

Stadt der Anfänge,
Keep -> Extraction vs Old Church

"Bah! Why would I wanna bring back a dirty necromancer?! It's not like she does anything better than I can!" Viz's tongue snapped at Mac. Brigid quickly caught her attention though, only to earn a laugh. "Ha! Dirty demoness! As a Pure, Holy Priestess of the Goddess of Freedom, I may choose among the bestest and greatest of the devout!" the busty healer crowed. However, she was suddenly struck with an epiphany, "It's just that...they're all so...lame," Viz added with despair. In the background, the master of the guard quickly came to grovel on his hands and feet before Jayden, his chivalry demanding him to repent. "See?! That macho-mustachio man is lame too, but at least he's doing it right!" Right at that moment, metal hit stone as Rikka cast her spear, the undead completely silent as what remained under the veil turned to dust in an instant. As the lord began to openly weep on seeing this, Viz huffed up her chest at Royama instead. "Eff-Why-Aye, The Goddess of Freedom only chooses the most holiest and devout to grant awesome powers to! Screw extraction - I'm gonna go with Mac n' Cheese and Catgirl and Her Holiness since they at least appreciate me!" she began to stomp off.

However, as she made to follow the trio, Kikyo's words seemed to almost trigger a response - the glowing outline of a rectangle appeared in the distance right outside the gates of the castle wall, the words 'EXTRACTION' clearly marked. With how quickly it appeared however, it was clear that someone was listening, but for anyone paying attention to their HUD however, Sif was already at the Old Church herself, and not at the extraction zone.
Lone_badass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lone_badass »

Mac Continued hotfooting it to the marker of the now nude Dante's armor checking it periodically while trying to beat the angel to the church Damion stopped "whatthefuck?!?!?" Pinging his coms he sounds rather frantic "eh uh Commander we might have a problem Dante armor its uhhh missing..." shit shit shit this isnt good he frantically thought to himself before pinging the squad of the coms "look we have a missing set of tai pan armor and weapons missing according to the marker its no longer in the city we need that necromancer alive if theres a chance she knows anything we cant let her die."
Daran Ist'Ladaren
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Daran Ist'Ladaren »

Jayden got up as the man who she swatted at groveled on the floor in an attempt to apologize for basically molesting her. A part of her felt good about it. Powerful. Reveled in the humiliation of this man who was actually, by definition several times more important than her in society beg for forgiveness. It made her realize why the Taianese were such ass holes. Because it felt amazing to be above someone.

But then the rest of her kicked in, and the sickness and shame took over as she looked away, hugging herself. "Stop it," she muttered, looking back down at moustache. "Seriously stop. I'm over it, please just stop making a scene," she growled, walking away from him, towards the door. There was now a lot going through her brain, and Jayden was on autopilot at this point. She didn't know what else to do.
ArsenicJohn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ArsenicJohn »

Brigid watched as the majority of the team walked off leaving her with a naked Dante, Royama, and the natives. The extraction message got her curious and she checked her HUD. The angel was headed towards the church and everyone else seemed to be going that way. Sif was oddly also at the church. So who was calling for them to extract and why? She patted the Lord on the shoulder and turned to the guards. "Could you guys maybe give the naked dude a blanket or something? Also, you might want to clean that throne pretty thoroughly. Just sayin', I think he's been sticking his sword in some questionable places if you know what I mean." She said with a wink.

"Royama," Brigid said, walking towards the doorway. "I'm going to go see about that extraction message if you don't have any complaints. Dante, care to come with me once you cover up your dangly bits? You look traumatized." She called back, stretching her wings. She flapped her wings and took flight, launching herself through the same window that Jayden had entered the building through. Brigid flew towards the extraction mark at full speed, gliding when possible to keep from tiring herself out too much.
Characters

Sageshooter
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sageshooter »

Stadt der Anfänge,
Keep -> Old Church

Rikka paid little attention to those that actually followed after her. As she broke from the castle proper into the courtyards between the doors and the gates, her wings went out wide and with one solid push and a bit of a jump she took to the sky. What shocked her was the difficulty she found herself struggling with to keep airborn. Her breaths puffed out of her lungs as she fought to keep going.

"These fools have distracted me, made me use my power the wrong way. If I had been alone this would have been handled already, and quickly at that, or better yet if I had my brothers and sisters with me it would have been even easier. Where is the Aspect of Valor when I need her... Had she been here this would have been simple..." Rikka griped in her head as she beat her wings to make all due haste back to the graveyard. Even if the Necromancer was dead, she needed to be there to purify the undead, to make sure they remained dead when she was done with them. If she could manage that, then this whole issue would be over with...

A few minutes later, Rikka landed at the edges of the grounds that surrounded the old church with a few stumbled steps and let out a huff of breath as she caught her wind. Somewhere in the back of her head it concerned her that she was so winded, so out of breath at the moment, but she did her best to ignore it and instead withdrew her sword and shield to carry them hand in hand. Ice blue eyes scanned the area as she spoke aloud.

"Show yourselves undead, so I may send you back to rest. You do not belong here, go back to your slumber."
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham »

Stadt der Anfänge,
Keep -> Old Church

Kikyo managed to see the Angel take flight, and cursed herself for being unable to fly. Instead, the catgirl took the spear to her chest and began running with all speed she could muster. She turned corner after corner, tripping once or twice on loose cobbles as she gave chase. Turning another corner, she spoke out to herself. "Is this worth it? At least I'm getting my cardio in." She huffed and turned down the long street to the graveyard. She could see Rikka ahead and above her, she had somehow kept a pace, though she was still quite behind.

When the Angel touched down, Kikyo tripped again but caught herself. She bound out and used what techniques she had been taught with the Shouwei to almost dance into the graveyard before she tripped over the tail end of the spear and tumbled to the soft ground at the graveyard instance. She cursed in a combination of Taianese, Common, a Wangdiao dialect, and mewls of an angry kitten. Her head lay in a pile of dirt kicked up by her skid into the dirt. She spit grass, weeds, a flower, and a bit of dirt as she mewled again in pain.

After pulling her head up from the ground she called out, "Miss Angel! You forgot your spear!" Kikyo knew something was up when Rikka drew weapons again. The catgirl took the spear to hand like an untrained levy and called out. "What's wrong, Miss Angel?"
CadetNewb
Commander
Commander

Post by CadetNewb »

Stadt der Anfänge,
Keep

As the squad scattered to the four winds, the local Lord quietly wept besides the remains of his deceased mother while the Master of the Guard eventually rose from his groveling. As Brigid had asked, he cast his cloak over to Dante before glancing after Jayden. Powers fading, the mustachioed muscle-man became portly again, but despite this, cautiously followed after the towering Ligress.

"Are you...alright?" he carefully asked with concern, adjusting his monocle.

Old Church

Flying fast, Rikka reached the old church before all the others, and throwing the doors open, was quickly met with a grisly scene. The necromancer herself was impaled to the statue as Dante had said, but blood and gore had exploded across the interior, staining the once-glowing inscriptions scrawled across the entirety of the room. Slumped over and limp, arms and legs dangling, it was clear where all of this mess had come from - the dead necromancer. Her belly had burst open, spewing entrails and gore in every which direction. Worse still, Rikka's eyes spotted the horned helmet and furs of the barbarian berserker at one of the front pews, sitting, back turned. Just as Mac, then Kikyo and others arrived, it moved. Stood. Began to turn. Only, something was horribly wrong.

It was far too short.

"Sorry. It's only me. Sif," came the flat, deadpan voice. Turning around to face them all, the salt and pepper haired squad leader presented herself, her arms festooned with all sorts of faintly glowing goods, ranging from enchanted plate to haunted sword and elvish maile. She had been looting the plate and had been waiting for them all. "Help me pick up all the stuff?"

"Eww, I'm not cleaning that up!" Viz quickly chimed in, holding her nose up at the bloody mess.

Extraction

As Brigid soared through the air, the young woman soon spotted a jet black shuttle that the Yazatan had only ever seen before in passing or in movies. A "Black Crow" Special Forces Shuttle, it's wings folded up by its sides. Outside of it however, were three figures. The heavily armored bulk of a Dog, the lithe form of a Tiger, and the curled up coils of a Snake. Though the Dog and Tiger were most likely women, they couldn't be more different than one another in how they stood. Though the Dog was nearly inscrutable thanks to her armor, the way she idly stood at ease, gently swaying about playfully said all that needed to be said, while the Tigress stood at rigid attention, the curves of her body suited form telling Brigid through her sight instead. The snake however? It was a complete toss up, and sat comfy amongst its own coils.

"Oh, just one came," the Dog began, her voice a little on the deeper, more husky side. Despite the deadpan voice as expected of all 1st Class Citizens, her tail wagged with excitement.

"Then they most likely failed," the Tigress replied, her own tail stiff and curled around her thighs, arms crossed.

"Don't mind them," the Snake cut in. "I'm Jiaying, that'sss Suyin, and Shu," it introduced the Dog and Tigress accordingly. "Do you have the assets?" it asked. "We're in a rush - it's time to go."
Sageshooter
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sageshooter »

Stadt der Anfänge,
Old Church

Rikka's sword had been leveled on the moving horned helm of the person in the pew, ready to attack as she coiled back for a moment. She had ignored the arrival of her companions as upset with them as she had been over this whole debacle, but as Sif made herself known Rikka instead turned after a moment and struck a pew in anger. She wasn't angry at the woman before her, just at the whole situation this mission had presented and everything that had happened. Her free hand slid under her hood to run a gauntlet covered hand through her hair with a loud sigh and forced herself to calm down before she turned back to Kikyo and slid her sword away. With a hand held out to retrieve her spear she spoke with a fairly flat voice.

"Thank you for retrieving my spear. I appreciate it." As she took the spear when it was offered to her, Rikka would replace it along with hanging her shield on her back, all to make movement easier for her. She would turn to Sif, eyes narrowed a little and approached her.

"What happened here? We heard the zombies had turned on their mistress... What was your involvement in this?" She wasn't completely trusting of the situation, she knew that mind magic could turn zombies on their masters and she was unaware if the woman before them could wield such magic.
ArsenicJohn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ArsenicJohn »

Extraction Point

Brigid flew towards the black shuttle, nearly falling out of the sky when she saw the three standing nearby. Thankfully for her pride, she managed to recover, turning the fall into a graceful dive. She stuck the landing ending up standing several feet away from the trio of First Class soldiers. Her gaze drifted from soldier to soldier excitedly. It was a rare occasion that someone like her got to speak directly to a First Class citizen, much less a special forces soldier, and she was giddy with excitement.

"Èrděng Bīng Brigid "Peitho" Lilfaris reporting. The others are rendezvousing with Shàoxiào Sif at the church." She said smoothly, trying to at least make the group sound competent. Her comms to the rest of the squad were left on to allow them to listen in.

"They should be along at any moment. I was expecting Zhōngxiào Sakamoto..." Brigid said cautiously. She had no idea who these three were after all.
Characters

Lone_badass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lone_badass »

MAC panted heavily as he made it to the church his shoulder slightly sore from earlier. but became rather quite as he approached thinking to himself. The person I ran to try to save is dead, the team pet had to be stun gunned to calm down the demon lost both his armor and weapon im responsible for part of a wall exploding and the death of one man at arms....and to top it all off were less of a organized team and more of a bickering family....great. hanging his head slightly before tilting it to the side "Why even try if all i do is fail." he said to himself not acounting for his com bead to pick up his voice as he sat in one of the pews.
Helios
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Helios »

Keep

Dante snatched the cloak out of the air as it was tossed towards him by the master of the guard, pulling it around aroud his waist and tying a knot in it to keep from having another wardrobe malfunction. Once the Yazatan had regained a minimal about of decency he nodded thankfully to the master of the guard, still a bit too shocked from the series of events to put his feelings into words. Once Dante put himself together properly he followed after brigid like she'd asked and took flight after her, her assessment was right, he was traumatised by what happened in the church

Extracation point

As he flew after Brigid Dante spotted the black crow she had stopped at, his heavy sigh would've echoed over the comms as he began to land but that was really the problem, meeting some obnoxious first class spec ops guys when you lost all your gear isn't exactly going to reflect well on the group, especially not himself.

Swooping in a while after brigid, the barely clothed demon tried his best to fade into the background and avoid scrutiny from the 3 clearly important people ahead of them, even going as far as to try and stand directly behind his companion.
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles »

Extracation point

Royama could have gone with a majority of the squad to the church- but she saw little point in continuing her babysitting service when they were headed in the direction of their actual squad lead. She kept her comms wide open in case there was an actual emergency- but otherwise she said nothing. She didn't comment on the look Rikka gave her, nor when Mac whined (accidentally) over the comms. There would be a time and a place to try and start reorganizing the squad. This was not the time nor the place.

"Two. The others are with Sif. They'll be fine." Royama spoke up, her voice monotone. She kept her posture stiff when speaking, "Although I doubt you're in so much of a rush that you're incapable of waiting a few minutes."
CadetNewb
Commander
Commander

Post by CadetNewb »

Extraction Point

Brigid was met with eerie silence after she had spoken, the trio of Taianese soldiers briefly glancing back and forward to one another meaningfully. Even then though, she and Dante could see the faintest of nods, the most subtle of shrugs, and perhaps even hear the most quiet of sighs. Right as all three of them seemed to peer through Brigid and at Dante.

"Pleassse don't mention Sssakamoto's name in the field. Her posssition is...ssspecial. Her rank only will do," the Snake finally spoke diplomatically, changing the topic from what was obviously on their minds. "At leasst it is fine on thissss world," it added.

"I'm certain that the Commander isn't here because she does not want to be near such a lethal weapon," the Tigress added, using the English version of it for their benefit. All the while, she eyed Dante's hips with a deadpan expression that reminded them all too much of Sif. It was difficult to tell if it was a strange interest, a sharp jab or a joke however.

'Yes, a mossst deeply piercing thing," the armored serpent made sure to roll its eyes for their benefit. As it said this though, the thumping of Royama's footfalls signaled her arrival, their prior conversation audible over their helmets. "We can wait, but I'm not sssure the people who need usss can," the Snake replied to Royama.

"I don't see any weapon on him," the Dog pointed her finger at Dante. "What are you all talking about?"

Old Church

Sif sighed, the power armor she 'wore' slumping its shoulders ever so subtly.

"Something violent happened, obviously," the 2nd Class Tigress replied, her voice and expression completely deadpan as she knelt to examine the scene. By now, however, Viz had focused her attention onto Mac like a cat who had sighted her prey.

"Oh, why so serious?" she began to grin. "She's just a good-for-nothing, dirty, disease ridden necromancer after all," the priestess practically gloated. "Oh wait! I know! It's her massive loot, isn't it? You just wanna dive right into that big chest, and grab it with both hands!" she crowed, pretending to slap the man in the face. "Well, let me help you with that!" Turning towards the body impaled on the statue's outstretched sword, she held her arms up and paused, expecting something to happen. When it didn't however, she thrust her arms out again, only to then look at her hands. "That's funny. Her soul isn't around." Viz naturally found this funny. "Hahahaaha! She doesn't have a soul!"

"Quiet." Muting the busty priestess, who began to clutch her helmet and try and soundlessly yell inside it in a panic, Sif got up from her knee. "As soldiers of Tai Pan, you are expected to think. To a degree." Spreading her arms wide, she gestured to the scene. "It's obvious that some foul sorcery had been used. Just look at the body. Something had burst out of her belly, potentially, her womb."

Viz, who had been flailing her arms about in the air, froze on hearing this.
CadetNewb
Commander
Commander

Post by CadetNewb »

Chapter End,
Gygaxia

In the end, they ended up extracting successfully.

Those at the extraction point were accosted by the unusual trio and their strange antics, while those at the Old Church ended up being harassed by a talking sword among their loot that demanded the busty angel in armor be its next wielder. Dante's armor and weapon was lost, and on top of that, something new was cast into the world. But that would have to wait - The Empire called.