[The Gentle Breeze] The Fight for Rights - Chapter 1

Society in The Empire of Tai Pan is divided into three tiers. The 1st Class Taianese themselves, the 2nd Class who got the gene mods necessary to become Taianese in body but not mind, and finally, the 3rd Class. All the riff-raff too poor or without the social and political ties necessary to get their hands on those expensive yet wonderful gene mods. Segregated and with fewer rights, there's little room to move up in society. But, one Taianese woman in particular is wondering if this should change. Can you prove yourself to her in this story of combat, slice of life boredom, and bizarre reality?
Sageshooter
Landsman
Landsman

Re: [The Gentle Breeze] The Fight for Rights - Chapter 1

Post by Sageshooter » Thu May 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Rikka felt sorry for the little girl so shaken with fear. For a moment she had considered consoling her, this was undoubtedly a difficult and trying circumstance for her, much less with how she had added to it as she had come in so harshly. But as she moved to kneel, the ship had begun to land and open, yet the woman had presumed to demand things of her. Blue eyes narrowed as she stalked closer, shield in hand to add to the intimidating figure that loomed over the Arch Priestess.

"Do not presume to demand things of a Seraph mortal. Only my Pantheon may do so. Remember your place before a new Arch Priestess is needed..." Rikka stared down at the woman for a moment before she turned to Ellie and smiled to her, though her lips were hidden under the hood of her cowl. All that was seen was the squint of the side of her eyes.

"Ellie was it? I will be with you on the ship, to make sure nothing bad happens. I promise you, I will protect you ok?" She offered the little girl and held a gauntleted hand out to her as she kneeled down to hopefully make herself a little less intimidating. She knew that she would meet the angel on the ship when they entered, but she wanted to make sure Ellie was safe and comfortable for the time being.
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Fri May 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Kikyo paid no attention to the tree, her mind was already flooded enough. She heard Sif's flat voice echo across the clearing and her ears perked up at the word "questions." The catgirl's voice called up as she began to walk towards the landing dropship. Her Taianese accent was thickened to hide her quivering voice. "Are we assured she will survive?" Her helmet was mentally willed to uncloak itself as her violet eyes glimmered in a stressed and tearful sort. It was clear she was bothered by something, but was doing her best to conceal it.

"I need a moment to compose myself, I shall be in the craft if you need me Shàoxiào." Kikyo then proceeded to walk towards the lowering gate, a slight tremor coming over her as she turned. Kikyo hated being a threat, she already had been a victim for too long but to her this was the only way to continue. She began to wonder if she'd made the right choice or not.
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles » Sat May 25, 2019 1:52 am

"Viz. If you don't shush I'm going to put you in an extreme state of 'sleepytime' and I'm not even going to use any chemicals to do it. You even utter so much as a vague insult in the direction of the girl and I will personally piledrive you into the ground so hard that you'll see little stars like those cartoon characters- and more importantly, I'll get away with it because since we've started this mission you've done nothing but piss everyone off- so how about you take your happy little 'priestess' ass and go do the one thing I know you're good at and keeps some seats warm for us." Royama barked over comms, "And I'm sure not asking- I'm telling you. Go."

Royama shifted in her squatting position to look towards Kikyo as she turned tail to go calm herself down in a somewhat more private area, "Hey- Hey. Kikyo. Look over here for a second." She called out over comms once again, her own helmet still very retracted, "Ellie will be just fine- trust me on this one. I'm not bragging when I say that this is the very thing I'm here for. I specialize in Xenobiology- specifically in the study of lesser known or undiscovered species. Ellie's in very capable hands- I'll treat her with just as much respect and care as I would any patient. I've been doing this since you were still popping pimples in high school. I won't let any of the brass up on the ship do anything that would hurt her- promise." The Doctor held up her pinkie high enough in the air that Kikyo could see it- and then turned back towards Ellie to offer her a smile and a wink, as if she were sharing a secret, "You know the -ah- lady that sent us here might just have something in your size for you to wear, and she has very good taste. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to share an outfit or two with you. I swear her style is a lot better than what we've got going on here. I know bodysuits are a little out of style."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 pm

Their stoic commanding officer simply nodded as Kikyo started to make away from the group and board the dropship. Naturally, someone else did not read the mood.

"Oh, come on you big feather floof!" Viz continued to accost the Angel. "You know Angels are supposed to serve mortals. It's why that big dummy Luci threw a fit, and now all the young and edgy Angels are copy-catting him all the time!" the blue haired woman accusingly pointed a finger at Rikka. "I hope you're not one of them, since you're looking extra-edgy with your outfit! Especially with how you're saying I'll get replaced!" she kept running her mouth as the other soldiers mounted up. Turning towards the good doctor, she quickly blew a raspberry before picking up where she left off. "You should really know better, after all, people capable of being an Archpriestess are only once in a hundred years! I'm practically the Sec - THWACK" Before she could say more Sif slapped her across the back of her head, reactivating her helmet. With her head engulfed, the loud holy woman quickly became a mime as she wildly gestured about, only to finally puff her cheeks up in a pout and board the ship, arms crossed in childish anger.

"Ellie," Sif began. "We are going to lift you and the soil around you out of the ground. You will be flying, and will not fall. This is routine." Though she nodded to the bodysuit clad woman, she took more from both Rikka and Royama. First quietly smiling at the Angel - eyes fearful as she tried to be brave - before her face lit up in surprise at what the doctor was saying.

"This lady will have pretty things for me to try?" Gulping nervously, she shook her head up and down, gathering her resolve. In the end of the day, Ellie was still a little girl, and things like nice dresses, princesses and unicorns appealed to her. As they all boarded the drop ships, the ships took off, a blue glow soon projecting from their underbellies. Like a building block, the earth around Ellie and her tree smoothly rose out of the ground with the sound of grumbling dirt.

And just as quickly, they were off.

"Ara, ara," a certain woman exclaimed. "This turned out to be quite an impressive first-haul," Sakamoto remarked, clad in one of her favorite crimson and gold dresses. Fingers touching her lips, the exotic woman's sleeve of feathers half-hid her face as she smiled, if only for a moment. In the background, the adventurers were being offloaded while being vigorously examined by a swarm of medical professionals. "And here they said you'd all just crash and burn, or maybe blow yourselves up with your own weapons on accident!" Within the walls of the star fortress, another drop-ship was already lifting up a massive cube of soil, only for Ellie's to be slid down in its place. "Really, you all did well. Normal Taianese soldiers would have just marked her for another team to follow up with, but I think she might have been able to walk away judging by how she revealed that little trove of treasures of hers," she pointed out to them all. "And, more importantly, you've all brought me not one, but two guests!"

"My name is Sakamoto Hina of The Empire of Tai Pan," the woman graciously bowed. "I'm sure you and all the others have so many questions, hm?" she asked, her colorful plume of feathers standing tall.
Sageshooter
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Sageshooter » Sun May 26, 2019 5:38 pm

I will stab her before long, I can feel it. I will be justified and probably lauded for doing so as well... Rikka thought to herself as she held her words. This was a strange occurrence, a chance to visit and view the mortal world and their politics, one that the Seraph would be loath to miss out on in her rare chance away from her heavens. Her smile widened though still hidden from the girl under her cloak, just blue eyes that watched little Ellie as she seemingly steeled herself for such a scary situation for her. Rikka remained close by the girl as they were transported, her shield still out and ready to protect her as she had promised for the length of the trip.

As they were ushered out and the plot of land was placed within the new fortress, Rikka couldn't help but marvel a little at the size and scope of just where they were. For something not crafted by the gods, it seemed to be fairly impressive. Her blue eyes continued to take in everything as they were spoken to by some woman with a plume of colorful feathers yet she seemed to ignore her until she was addressed. She turned her gaze back to Sakamoto and for a moment stared at her before she dipped into a bow of her own. Arm across her waist and shield at her side, she spoke as she straightened up.

"I am Rikka Araqiel, Aspect of Justice of the Otrides Pantheon. My only concern, for now, is for the well being of the girl that was brought aboard, Ellie. I would see she is not harmed in your testing or curiosity." She stated simply as she kept her eyes on the woman before her.
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Mon May 27, 2019 10:48 am

Kikyo had stayed on the head end of the dropship for the entire flight. After regaining control of herself, she had retracted her helmet and proceeded to spend fifteen minutes straight undoing her helmet hair. Once they touched down, she stayed towards the back of the group as half usher and half skittish kitten. Her violet eyes were both tired and wide awake, she was still irked by herself but was more or less okay. Every once in a while she would look to either the Angel or Sif. She had thoughts on both but she remained silent regardless.

Once the cock quailed her call of questions, Kikyo finally wanted to pipe up. After Rikka finished her statement Kikyo swallowed her fears and spoke in her best stoic Sif impression. "Was the last drop the only time we were going to peter around and not go for true objectives? I feel we're still in the proving grounds." The Catgirl spoke somewhat hamfistedly, but truthfully. She thought this last drop was either designed to weed out the weak or prove that they could operate as a separate entity. They may be auxiliary, but they were supposedly working towards upgrades in citizenship. That meant two things: she would no longer be feeding off the scraps of the higher-ups, and she'd be truly the Catgirl she was trying to camouflage as.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Tue May 28, 2019 5:14 am

"Hey, evil tree! Evil tree!" the party's priestess called out. As Sakamoto addressed them all, Viz was already trotting over to Ellie, who was still well within earshot of them all. "You said you wanted to try new clothes right?" The little girl was initially in fearful awe when she arrived, gawking at the fully operational military base and so shrank back at first, but soon, she quietly nodded to the blue haired woman. "Do you like plain stuff, or frilly stuff?"

"Uh, what's frilly?" Ellie asked, scratching her head.

"Bleh-hahahaha!" Viz suddenly recoiled in disgust, only to burst out into mocking laughter a moment later. "Forget that evil tree! We're gonna wash the aphids out of your hair first!" she replied, the Rooster with the rest of the group chatting away in the background. "Now where's that stuff these star weirdos were calling 'pesticides'? And a tub! I need a tub!" the priestess then started marching about in her search. Noticing this, Sif began to turn her attention in that direction, quietly observing as she always did as the Rooster crowed over the hodgepodge squad.

"Worry not, she's in perfectly good care," Sakamoto reassuringly replied to the angel, ignoring the chatter going on nearby. "More importantly, we've been trying to establish contact with your people since we arrived. I would hope your assistance would help in our attempts to keep the order as the others have at other worlds." Turning her attention to Kikyo, she continued, addressing the feline-hopeful, "In no way would I say what you were doing was puttering around. This is, in fact, some of the most important work in The Empire, and all of you have done better than I expected from my own Taianese, which is something they are already sore about," Sakamoto mischievously smiled, her golden gaze flicking to the side, the Taianese patrols seeming to stiffen under her gaze. She did mention the squad acted in ways the Tigers would not have, after all. "Haven't you noticed? Ellie is magical, something we have little experience with," the exotically feathered woman reminded them. "Which is why your assistance would be appreciated," she added, now addressing Rikka.

Despite these flattering words, the way she looked at the Angel could have undressed her then and there.
Sageshooter
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Sageshooter » Wed May 29, 2019 7:37 pm

Rikka couldn't help but feel unnerved under the gaze of the woman. She had felt the same as she stood before her pantheon, but little showed of her unease on her face or much of anything for that matter. She nodded though as she heard the requests for both contact with the heavens here, and Ellie.

"I would be more than happy to help with Ellie. I just wish to see her receive fair treatment under your watch. As for the heavens..." Rikka let out a small sigh and swept a hand low and to the side with her palm up.

"I've been tasked with contacting them, to act as an emissary and further our relations with them. Yet since I've been here... I've felt nothing. No contact, no direction, no whiff of them so to say. I have yet to even feel the essence of another of my kind on this planet. They are either holed up and worried due to the unintentional visitors, or something worse I fear. I know not just yet, but I plan to get a better understanding of the situation so I may report back to my Pantheon." Her hand reached up and scratched the side of her head for a moment as she took in a deep breath.

"Any help in establishing contact with them would be appreciated, and in turn, of course, I will help with Ellie in the best of my capacity. I suppose this means, for now, we will be working together then?" She asked the feathered woman before her. It always helped for Rikka to know where her lines and allies lay, especially in a strange situation such as this.
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Fri May 31, 2019 9:33 pm

"What do you mean that's not the pest killer? I'm not supposed to use herbicide on Ellie? Course not! She's not an herb! That's the pest killer isn't it?!" Viz complained in the background, an ever stony faced Sif separating the priestess from the plant killer spray.

"Of course," the exotically feathered woman replied. "We'll be unraveling the mystery of this world together then," Sakamoto smiled. "As for the rest of you, you've all done a splendid job. This is likely not what you envisioned to be a soldier's job, but in truth, this is a lot of what it is," she than began to explain. "Initially, the soldiers of Tai Pan were forged for the high intensity combat we all envision a war to be, but we've been finding out that there's so much more to it, and you being here to show the way helps with that," her tall tail feathers gently swished back and forward. "I'm looking forward to seeing what else you all have in store. Go ahead to the debriefing, and after that, relax."

As always, Sakamoto smiled.

Research Base Apple One
Barracks Unit 4

Outside their barracks, Taianese soldiers marched like a legion of lock-step soldiers as their patrol routes brought them by. But in truth, the intimidating staccato of their footsteps belied their numbers. There weren't honestly that many of them actually on guard duty or patrol, but the noise made it seem that way to anyone that tried to listen from outside the base. In truth, all the things that needed to be done - debriefing, cleaning, repairing and training and all that - had been taken care of already. The things that Squad 4 could have done were all mostly taken care of by the Taianese themselves with many too-courteous remarks such as, "No, please, allow me. You'd be hard pressed to do this right," or "I wouldn't want to trouble you, this is very complicated," and so forth. Marching away in their lock-step fashion as to make as much ordered noise as possible, the Taianese soldiers left behind the squad's pristine equipment.

"It took me some time - " Sif began in the living room, " - but after a while, I understood that it was its own form of insult, treating me and now you like children," she remarked, a recommended old favorite of Sakamoto's playing on the nearby screen as their weapons were being maintained by the neighboring unit. "I suppose it doesn't matter. Both sides get some of what they want. They, looking down on us and that feeling of superiority, and us, their superior maintenance." Sitting on top of the couch cushion, Sif lounged about on her side as she munched on a giant pop-corn kernel the size of her head. Of course, considering how she was only about 6 or 7 inches tall, this was expected. What wasn't though, was her size. Not that she had explained it, then again, nobody had asked yet. "Too much spare time though."

"Ahhh, the finest booze in all of existence!" Viz smacked her lips after chugging down some sort of mixed drink from the mini-kitchen's fridge. While Rikka was quickly caught up on modern civilization, the arch-priestess practically partied, celebrating the success of their first mission with alcohol and the best food her ration tickets would get. In a sense, they were all lucky - the facilities they got were luxurious in comparison to the standard they were told. After all, Sakamoto liked testing her products, and these field accommodations were one of them. Just a few feet away from the small living/dining room and the mini-kitchen were their rows of capsules. "With those things called tommy guns, I'll usher in a new age of civilization and super yummy alcohol as soon as Sakamoto awards us all even more!" Viz then hiccuped, plopping down onto the couch by the comparatively tiny Sif.

The tiny Tigress didn't seem to mind at first, however, she soon perked up.

"We have...orders. I believe," she began uncertainly. Pausing the movie she was watching, the screen changed over to several different camera shots. Something that they all immediately recognized as a work order or job bulletin board. Though the language was foreign on these snap shots, there was someone who could read it all. "It would appear that Sakamoto has accepted several jobs from nearby guilds in exchange for various rewards," The tiny tigress rubbed her chin. "The first is offering a set of mithril chain mail and money in exchange for dealing with a dragon that is accosting a walled city," Sif began reading them off. "

"AH!" Viz suddenly perked up, shooting right up onto her unsteady feet, face still flushed from drinking. "There's a cemetery outside another one, and the undead are rising out of it! We'll get a shiny new staff of explosions if we do!" she excitedly began. "We have to clean the undead filth from the world! We're definitely taking that one!" the blue haired priestess jumped about, annoyingly bouncing around as she did so.

"This other one seems stereotypical. A princess is asking for help with an artifact of doom. Gold and her favor are the rewards." A small but rare, smug smirk on the tiny woman's face. She soon frowned however. "There are also two other offers that are not from the guild listing," she added, noting the two pieces of beautifully written handwriting at the bottom. "Sakamoto wants for us to either retrieve something for her from a nearby city, or deliver a package to a high-end cafe. No rewards listed for those, but knowing Sakamoto..." Once again, Sif returned to her bored, stoic self on reading that. "What say you all?" she then asked, the modified Tianshi Hardsuit she rode marching over. As the cockpit pod slid out of its back, the miniature Tigress leaped in, Sif's face holographically appearing as though she was simply its wearer.
Sageshooter
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Sageshooter » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Rikka's eyes under her cloak were wide as she took in the sights and sounds of the modern world. Her life in the heavens had been very... simple. Very little technology was needed up there as most everything was taken care of by magic, but this... This was amazing. Cameras and televisions, communicators, the weaponry, the refrigerators, everything was new to the angel and for the moment her curiosity got the better of her as she bounced from one object to the next to take in the details and workings. She asked questions here and there to anyone nearby about whatever she looked at just then before she quickly found a new object of investigation. The large scary angel of justice and fire had been replaced by a child-like curiosity and wonder as she went here and there.

"So this... keeps your food cold? For how long? Drinks too? And does the light stay on when the door closes?" She asked as she looked at the refrigerator in wonder. She looked it over left and right before she opened the door. She saw the light and slowly closed the door to see if she could spot the light turning off or not. But as she heard the job offers, her mind went to work and she looked over to Viz and Sif spoke up.

"I say either the undead or the dragon. They seem to be the most immediate threats to the safety of the people." She offered up her answer to the question posed to the group before she went back to her investigation.
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 pm

Royama found Rikka's curiosity to be amusing- endearing even- enough so that she would occasionally take it upon herself to answer Rikka's questions. There was something refreshing explaining the things that she was so used to someone who spent their time running around in metal armor swinging around a spear as their day job. It was a welcome distraction from everything that had been going on around her. It even made Viz's usual mad ramblings slightly more tolerable.

"It keeps things cold as long as it's powered- the same sort of energy that keeps the ships running. The light turns off when the door shuts- because it's not needed anymore." The Doctor snorted- finally speaking up after having sat in silence for so long, "I'd love to agree, however, given the real reason that our little ragtag group has been formed it would be ideal to 'play the game' as often as we can get away with without completely sacrificing our dignity and integrity. Not to mention I'm not sure if we have the coordination to take on something as serious as a Dragon-or an army of the dead for that matter. That's my personal opinion as someone who just witnessed the massive clusterfuck that was us- and my professional opinion as the doctor that's going to have piece you all back together." Royama said quite seriously, "I'll do my best to support the lot of you no matter what you chose- but use your damn heads."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 am

Gygaxia
Research Base Apple One
Barracks Unit 4

Rikka suddenly felt a presence by her side.

"It's definitely one of the mysteries of the universe!" the beyond buzzed Viz accusingly pointed a finger at the refrigerator. "Each time you open the door, is the light on or off? It's like that cat inna box you don't know is dead or not!" she began rapidly opening and closing the door, its contents jingling about. Suddenly pointing another finger at Royama following the doctor's comments, she shouted, "You don't know that for sure! U-unless...you've been in there?!" She unsteadily stood. "But, how could you fit? Maybe if you were chopped up like in that mov - BLEHHHHHH!" the blue haired woman turned to vomit in the sink.

"I believe that no matter what mission we select, we will be challenged," Sif began as the priestess continued to retch. Pacing with tiny footsteps atop the couch, the doll sized Tigress mulled over their options. "Though team cohesion and competency are potential issues, there are several factors that offset this I believe," she began. "First off, we are well armed and armored. Second, we now have a new member who most likely offers offensive spell-casting ability," Sif's gaze turned to Rikka, nodding. "Third, and perhaps most importantly, is that we have a magic user capable of resurrecting the recently dead. We are very well off, all things considered," the small woman tried to reassure them. The sight of Viz hunched over the sink however, was not. "Dragon or zombies, we should be fine. We have plasma grenade launchers after all," she pointed out, her voice deadpan.

At that, a rod like pod slid out of the back of the Tianshi standing by, and with a few hops, Sif had landed in its opening before vanishing into the machine's interior, its 'face' holographically turning into her own.

"Are zombie shooters still popular? If not, dragons remain a classic," she pointed out, opening and closing one of her oversized fists.
Sageshooter
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Sageshooter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Rikka jumped a little, far to engrossed in the refrigerator to have noticed the priestess sneak up on her. She blinked a few times as she spoke, thoroughly confused about the cat in the box comment and spoke up even as she put a hand on the woman and channeled a touch of divine energy into her to cure her of the alcohol.

"But if you put the cat in the box, don't you know if it's alive or not before you put it in?" She asked as she finished her spell to look to the side only to catch the tiny Sif just as she slipped into the armor. "Wa-wait..." Her eyes went wider as she realized Sif was really a tiny little thing and for some reason, she felt... Joy? Maybe adoration? No that was the wrong word... She just needed to hug the tiny tigress for a bit, not understanding just yet the feeling of needing to hold something so adorable looking. It took her a few moments before she spoke, but again confusion arose as she heard the last question.

"Zombie... shooters? Like with bows? How is that popular?" The angel tilted her head as her blue eyes blinked a little and found themselves narrowed to show confusion as best as her featureless face could.
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Way in the back of the room, having been way too focused on combing her own hair, Kikyo finally piped up. "There were a fair few devices that allowed one to experience being in that kind of situation without actually being in one." Her violet eyes were catching the light of the room a bit more than they really should, obviously a byproduct of her extensive physical surgeries to look the way she did. "A lot of folk really like feeling more powerful than they are. Gives you a certain rush, y'know?"

With unnatural disgrace, she tried to flip her way up from her seat but managed to stumble and barely remain on her feet. She stopped for a mere second before continuing on, albeit with a somewhat embarrassed face. "I'm up for either, though I feel zombies would suit our lack of real combat experience more. I don't think half of us know how to shoot a large, flying, flamethrower. The others likely not well."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Gygaxia
Research Base Apple One
Barracks Unit 4

As Viz slowly recovered from her now dry heaving, she idly stood by the sink with a dazed expression, but the moment Rikka cast her magic, she seemed to come alive again. Turning around with eyes wide in shock and horror, the priestess loudly wailed out, "What did you do?! I was buzzed! Buzzed! All that alcohol I drank went to waste!" she pathetically threw herself against the angel in pleading desperation. With the sound of a face sliding down glass as she pressed against Rikka's armor, Viz continued to cry, "My buzz! My buzz! It's all gone!!!!" before she devolved into incoherent babbling and groveling.

Sif, to her credit, seemed completely unmoved and patiently waited for the lament to die down so that Viz sank to the angel's feet and was quiet enough to speak. "Schrödinger's cat is an...alchemical or philosophical theory. Or something along those lines," she cautiously began. "Something called 'science', but that isn't important to us," the now properly sized woman remarked, glancing at the display of Adventurer's Guild joblist again. "As shooting zombies is a pastime of people from their culture, I do not believe taking on that job offer will be challenging," she pointed out. "However, my officer's information feed says this type of event has never happened at that location before, which seems suspicious." Tail swishing, the Tigress began to pace back and forward. "Yes. And something is abnormal about this dragon as well. The city hasn't been significantly damaged yet, despite having been accosted for three days already. Very peculiar."

Crossing her arms, she then began to walk out of the barracks unit. "I will go talk with Ellie. You may all follow. Or not."
Sageshooter
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Sageshooter » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Blue eyes continued their confused stare of the priestess that sank down her armor like a slug that had lost its grip on a window. She made no move to help the woman and even went so far as to step back once to gain some distance before the two.

"I cured you! You were getting sick you daft woman, why would you want to get sick like that and not be cured?" She asked incredulously. She half listened to the explanation of the jobs but as Ellie's name was uttered, her head snapped around and Sif would find the large angel a step behind her.

"You're going to see Ellie? I'll come with you, I want to see her."
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 am

Gygaxia
Research Base Apple One
Barracks Unit 4

"But people drink booze to feel like thi-hiiiss!" Viz wailed, a puddle of misery on the floor. Though the angel turned to make ready to leave after Sif, the Taianese woman stopped, pausing as the priestess eventually rubbed her eyes and sobbed her way over to their housing unit's refrigerator. "And my mouth even tastes like bleh still!" she whined before gulping down one of Sakamoto's hard lemonades. "Aaaahhhh!~" Viz sighed, smacking her lips as she was 'revitalized' again. Turning her beautifully glimmering blue eyes on them, her gaze became captivating as she lingered on them all. "Hey, so what are we doing? Are we gonna punch that dragon in the snout, or go dust some of those filthy undead?"

Naturally, her boorish personality just didn't match her saintly good looks at all.

"I feel we need more information," Sif explained, turning to leave proper. Outside, the other squads were mustering, and were already preparing to leave, their equipment ready for inspection as they waited. Several units down, the familiar feathers of a certain woman could be seen as she inspected the troops, her florally colored rear facing them all as she continued walking away from them. Minding her own business, Sakamoto was unaware of Squad 4's emergence. Of course, Sif wasn't interested in her, at least, not for now. Marching across the courtyard, she soon came up to a certain small tree planted in the midst of it all. "Do any of you have questions of your own to ask? Thinking about what you are about to do, especially regarding what you know, do not know, and what you potentially do not know you know is important," she pointed out to them.

"Actually, I'm kinda surprised you peasants don't wanna take the job with the princess - I thought peasants liked princesses?" she shrugged. Gulping down the last of her drink, Viz carelessly tossed the bottle away, only for a drone to catch it and put it in the proper receptacle for her, its normally kawaii-cute eye display looking distressed with a >.< expression.

As Sif marched however, her stoic expression said something along the lines of, 'I wasn't asking you.'
Ham
Staff
Staff

Post by Ham » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:33 pm

"Will any of us eventually get a rig like that?" Kikyo gestured to the Tiger's armor with a questioning flick of her wrist. She obviously trusted her hand-held weapon, it was comforting, but with armor like that stuff could be more easily done. Possibly just with the sheer fear one of the suits put off. To the catgirl, it was something desired almost as much as an actual genetic facelift.

Her mind was interrupted with with screechy voice that belonged only to the drunkard next to her. While Sif was mostly stoic, Kikyo's left ear was ramrod erect and her right eye twitched. "Do you forget that to almost everyone here you and I and everyone else in this squad minus Miss Tianshi over here are lower class? You're careless and I less want you here than anyone else. You're a liability. I've never seen Taianese soldiers fall, and I don't want you to prove me wrong."

She turned to face her, the catgirls eyes bearing down on the priestess, "I'll put it in simple-speak since your brain is no bigger than your bust. Shut. Your. Fanatic. Facehole."

With that, she simply seemed to reset and went back to facing Sif with a raised eyebrow to receive whatever answer she was willing to give.