Unnu species and Bahlam system/Zuno/8/5/2019

Refining and proofreading wiki articles.
Zuno
Landsman
Landsman

Unnu species and Bahlam system/Zuno/8/5/2019

Post by Zuno » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:52 am

Concept removed.
Last edited by Zuno on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:01 am, edited 69 times in total.
MechaMeme
Landsman
Landsman

Re: Planet & Species.. The Unnu! <3

Post by MechaMeme » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm

How did the planet survive long enough to not be torn apart by two black holes?
Zuno
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Zuno » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:22 pm

It is exactly located in the middle. A sweet spot.. I imagine the gravity fields cancel each other out just in the middle where the planet and comets are, though somehow do disturb the time-space relation due to this overlap. The black holes themselves are also perfectly aligned and developed to make this possible. :flushed:

* made edit into the sheet concept to include the missing explanation. Hugs :heart:
ArsenicJohn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ArsenicJohn » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi :) This looks interesting. I suggest reading the pinned message https://www.shattered-universe.com/Boar ... f=31&t=421
The title is in the wrong format. Should be something like "Unnu species and Bahlam system/Zuno/8/5/2019"
Also needs a link to a wiki article, but if you don't know how I'm sure someone would be happy to help with that

Welcome to SU! :D I will tag @uso now for you
Characters

Corgan Garret - OGRE Alliance Marshal

Muk Skullcrusha - Atraxian Mech Pilot

Brigid "Peitho" Lilfaris - Yazata Tai Pan Auxiliary Soldier

Claude Xiao - Jongwu SpaceTuber/Occult Investigator
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Well, looking it over, I have to point out that there is no 'sweet spot' that will cancel out their two opposing pulls. Both of the black holes will be pulling on it in equal, and opposite directions, so the best you can do is simply be equally distant enough from both that the pull simply doesn't destroy the planet. Additionally, I have to point out that with the way black holes work, 1 day on that planet will be 30,000 years out here in the rest of the universe. This means that to anyone watching the planet, everything there is in ultra-mega super slow motion. A good example of this would be in the movie Interstellar. Next, I also point out that it's better to steer clear of the human origin. Considering the setting's history, there's been some meddling by some sort of ultra-powers in the distant past that have created all sorts of species, so you can go that route to explain their humanoid appearance and compatibility.

Now, those points aside, I have to ask the most important question. What do you want to do with this species? Second, I note that they are isolated and nigh-impossible to interact with. Why is this?
Zuno
Landsman
Landsman

Re: Unnu species and Bahlam system/Zuno/8/5/2019

Post by Zuno » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:00 am

Thank you John, I will write it into format onto a wiki page. Will adjust the title of this thread to make it better fit with what you had in mind and ad a link into this thread ones completed that. :smiley:

Hmm.. I will adjust the black hole relation to the planet, if it works better that way. :heart: Will have to give a little bit of thought in wat kind of way I can make the Unnu separate from the common humans, wil figure something out.

CadetNewb: ,,This means that to anyone watching the planet, everything there is in ultra-mega super slow motion.'' That is the idea! :heart_eyes: Shall I make that notice into the planet sheet too for clarification purposes?
Last edited by Zuno on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
uso
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by uso » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:29 pm

OK! Step one is you should make a wiki page for this and start putting things there.

SYSTEM

There is a lot to talk about here, but I think Cadet covered it for the most part. We don't need to do full orbital mechanics for this thing and it is easier to just move the planet into orbit around the binary black holes than it is to work out a way to get it to stick inside of them.

You should also call it just a black hole and remove the word Super-massive. Super massive refers to the type of black hole usually seen at the center of Galaxies.

I would also remove the line "The black holes themselves are perfectly aligned and developed." We don't really need it here either.

We also prefer a more clinical/third person writing style for wiki articles. So you just need to say "The planet is surrounded by small comets". You don't need to include that a skilled pilot is needed or that you need strong force fields, just stick with describing the comet fields.

Similarly, I'd also remove the line: "pretty much any of the good scary stuff is present!"
---

HISTORY

I'd remove: "Due to the extreme bending of time on the planet". For the people on the planet, they wouldn't notice time is moving slowly. For them it seems like time is moving at the normal rate so it wouldn't have an affect on their biology.

You also may want to think about the time dilation. If 1 day equals 30,000 years then no more than a few seconds is ever going to pass on this planet. Any events taking place there are effectively cut off from the rest of the setting. Anyone going to the planet to do research is going to be stuck there for the rest of everyone else they know's lives.
Zuno
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Zuno » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:28 am

Have altered some writing style things.. but I do not feel fully comfy about altering the planets position, time relation or orbit idea / size of the black hole. Secondly, the idea I had in mind was that the time bending would affect their DNA. If you want me to alter both the planet position and the way they mutated you are asking me to alter the entire fundamental basis of the concept...

I cannot access the Wiki so for the time being I do not think I can upload anything to it.. I think it is too early to start getting uploaded anything. I am not intending to upload anything till it is all polished out enough the way I want it to be or not at all. I am really picky when it comes to altering fundamental pillars of my concept plan, if alterations need to be considered it has to fit in with the rest I wrote out or else I have to force myself to start over from scratch...

The way I consider time:

Outside the planet, time on the planet is experienced as slow.
On the planet looking to the outside, time is experienced as fast.
Ontological experience remains the same, but the observations further away slowly alter. (time * distance)
Movement from outside towards the planet, or opposite, does not cause people to get stuck for ever..
(assuming they have a transportation method)

Reasoning:
From a philosophical point of view: If observed from a mental perspective, the planet is not undergoing a separation from one object or entity as a whole and there in it could be stated that, from another point of view being considered, its chronomorphic-eternalistic relationship concerning the ontology of the entire planet as seen from a planetary dasein is not affected by a four-dimensional continuum due to not moving out its position in the continuum. The conclusion is therefore that the planetary deterministic nature is not altered by the effects of chronomorphic bending due to being fixed in its location.

Simply said, time bending does not make something no longer part of the whole, it just alters the way continuity applies its medium centered relation to the final result of cause and effect.. This how ever applies only on the mental aspects of ontology.

Saying that having a planet in a fixed location allows for more stability in time-space.. :flushed:

The second thing I like to add to it, hoping it speaks for it self, that if DNA developed in continuum A, it does not automatically mean it is ''happy'' and configured to function the same way in continuum B.

Compare it with temperature and fur. If you live on the savanna you have brown fur for camouflage, moving to the colder regions it usually turns black over time due to absorbing more warmth and offering a better chance of predating in the longer twilight regions of the hemisphere that are usually associated with those places. Going further north it becomes white due to the body adapting body fat and finding white camouflage to be better suited.. Of course species migrate and then you see a mixture..

Evolution generally mutates upon adapting to circumstances, some situations cause for slow mutation whilst other forms are faster. Even the gene type is structured in priority levels when considering mutation, nonprotein-coding structures of the DNA included.. Anyways.. ehmm.. the thing is that I do not see why time, the biological clock wiring and their associated genes to aging would be an exception to this universal law. That is when I figured out the mutation kicked in..
CadetNewb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CadetNewb » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:01 pm

This species can be propagated about and be spread across many worlds if they were mysteriously created, but if the plan was to have whoever visits as of recent times pick some up and move them, that's a no-go. I strongly suspect that you do not realize what this time dilation really does. The temporal hazard is so great that it is guaranteed that if an explorer simply gets too close to the planet, said person will never, ever see their friends and family again, as the explorer in question would have been slowed down to the point that everyone else would have lived out their lives before they even manage to re-emerge from their fly-by. And that's not even if they decide to land. More importantly, it would have been impossible for this species to have evolved from human beings for this very same reason.

Even if we took some humans from the very dawn of the species at 66 million years ago and instantly placed them on this planet, by this time in the setting, only 792,000 days would have passed. In other words, if the first humans to have ever existed were placed on this planet, only 2,200 years would have passed for them between then and present day in the setting. The debris in space are irrelevant to the accessibility of the planet. Rather, the temporal hazard is so extreme that the ONLY reason anyone would visit it, is to be put in stasis so as to emerge in the future when they return.
Zuno
Landsman
Landsman

Post by Zuno » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:59 am

,,I strongly suspect that you do not realize what this time dilation really does.'' I well do realize what time dilation does.. It slows down down, but like I stated.. (time * distance) This is not the way of slowing down in a common sense of the word, it is the location perspective of slowing down. Saying everything moves at equal speed in perspective to where one is. It is fundamentally a 4th dimension, maybe I am too abstract... sigh

I am leaving the community, finding too many resistance to what I want..