Star Traveler: Who the hell is Indiana Jones?

Old Threads, that may or may not adhere to main storyline.
Khelena Het'Laderen

Star Traveler: Who the hell is Indiana Jones?

Post by Khelena Het'Laderen »

A lot of stuff had happened since Chuan had left the ship. Zahen wasn't particularly sad about it, she hadn't spent an awful lot of time with the woman, but she wanted her ship back, and figured even though it cost her 4.5 million credits to get it back, she didn't have that money before, and now she wasn't in debt. Chuan had taken that hit from her. She supposed she was grateful, otherwise, she wouldn't have convinced the Warpriest on board to take her on in a ridiculously loose contracting agreement. Of course, it cost her. While under Chuan, the Warpriest was working on the ship for free. Now, he wanted payment, but that payment went directly to his daughters. She could appreciate the class, even if it was unusual.

Still, free from debt and with a dying ship, she needed something new. More importantly, she needed something fast, big, and capable of holding a few additional ships. She needed something she was comfortable with, but would also accommodate the other crew, and she knew exactly what that was. The Cessation Class Light Cruiser. Her old ship, coupled with funds from her estate at this point, was more than enough to obtain a demilitarized Cruiser, and, it even still had the operational jump drives. Chuan didn't want to listen to her previously, but now she didn't have to listen to Chuan. The FTL systems on the ship were far more reliable, not requiring a star to charge the capacitors. The only downside was that the interior was... small.

Still, the sleek aggressiveness of the ship made it far easier for them to avoid piracy. Most typical pirates tried not to attack, and especially board Vekimen ships, as typically, they were a nightmare to board.

After that, she started looking for a job. With a crew capable of combat, actually, with a lean more towards combat, she had plenty of options, and one was impressive. So she gathered everyone into the briefing room. At least everyone important.

"I would like to first, thank you all for the patience you have had with me over the past few days as I worked to get everything sorted. Also, I appreciate your willingness to move ships after you all got settled on the previous Star Traveler. In respect to Chuan, I've decided to maintain the name of the ship," Zahen said, looking at the ragtag group before her. "I've taken over as the captain, and have since secured us a job. It's an anonymous contract offering a good sum of money, and it's a dangerous job. At least, we were given a warning that it could be dangerous. As there is a marshal on board-" Zahen motioned to Ava "-For legality sake, I must inform you that this job involves entering a tomb. A very, very, old one. There is supposed to be an item inside that the contractor will pay a lot of money for it. We will be heading for the planet it's on, none of this is public knowledge, all research was privately conducted. We have been told if we provide proof that what they are looking for isn't there, they will still provide us with a quarter of the payment. That alone is enough to give you all a decent payment. If there are any questions, comments, concerns, or outbursts, then please voice them now."

There was silence, before Xokagi poked her head into the room. "Can I come?!"

"How did you get in here?! I locked the door!" Zahen asked, looking lost.

"Oh... Yeah... Uhm, I learned how to manipulate programming used by the Ikate Keda. This door was childs play..." Xokagi shruged, walking further inside. She was wearing very short shorts and a t-shirt. Zahen looked between Daran and Ava for a moment, holding up her hand in a do something about this maybe? kind of way.
Khelena Het'Laderen

Re: Star Traveler: Who the hell is Indiana Jones?

Post by Khelena Het'Laderen »

Zahen was seemingly left hanging, Daran only giving a low growl which apparently told Zahen to drop the subject. "Right. So no one has any questions? Good, glad you all understand. We will be in orbit of the planet within the next thirty minutes, and I suppose you're coming with us girl. Everyone get geared up, the armoury has been opened. It's basically all Ikate Keda gear, but if you have your own weapons then, by all means, use them," The new Captain said, dismissing those in the wardroom.

The insides of the ship, despite it being designed by a people who were used to being underground, was almost par for the course. The main halls going to the critical zones of the ship were all about 9 feet tall, while secondary hallways were about 7 feet tall. A portion of the Cargo Hold had been modified for the larger species on board since it accounted for several decks worth of height, allowing them full freedom of motion. Zahen was clearly trying her best with what she had, but nothing aside from an Erstu Ship would be capable of comfortably housing the massive Atraxian.

~~~~~

The Cargo Hold, was also where the armoury was. Several locked wall units built flush into the wall, closed away by about two inches of solid metal held an array of weapons, all ballistic, none terribly complicated, with plenty of ammo and secondary equipment for protection and on person storage.

Zahen, being the Captain was standing off to the side, checking over the body suit she now wore, to make sure it was all set and ready. Other than that, she didn't seem particularly busy.

Next to one of the storage lockers, Daran and Xokagi were having a spat. The Vekimen was holding a pistol out of the reach of the girl who was trying to take it back from him. Xokagi loudly complained about how she wasn't a little kid anymore, but Daran was harder to hear without closer inspection.

Cleo and Kleo, the twin dog ladies, were having a conversation. Cleo, the brunette idiot as some on the ship had come to call her, was hugging an SMG away from Kleo, the harder platinum blonde, who was trying to force what appeared to be a large rifle onto the unwilling emotional basket case who seemed dead set on using the smaller, rapid-firing weapon she had set her mind on.
Noodles
Staff
Staff

Post by Noodles »

Ava didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to much going around her- instead she opted to make sure that all her coat's systems and various bells and whistles were working the way they were supposed to. This occupied her attention up until Xokagi decided she wanted to join in on things and popped her head in. Daran managed to answer Zahen before she so much as shrugged her shoulders. If Xokagi was capable enough and put the effort into hacking a locked door that kept her from joining in on the briefing, then Ava was cool with her being included. She wouldn't admit it, but there was definitely a small swell of pride in her chest knowing that her youngest was capable of that- however she also had no intention of encouraging Xokagi to continue hacking various things around the ship.

She went back to staring at the little screen hiding in the sleeve of her duster until Cleo and Kleo's argument stole her attention. After a couple of seconds of watching the exchange, Ava approached the twins, stopped beside Cleo, and then placed a very gentle hand on top of her head, "Cleo, dear, what's wrong with what your sister is offering you?"

"It's slow! And Heavy!" Cleo shouted, glaring at her sister.
"Sister, you know the rules. Rifles for you, because you have a habit of wasting ammo! Plus you're a good shot! Why would you waste that on a confetti maker like that thing?" Kleo groaned, trying to reach around and take the SMG. "I can't keep fighting you like this, think of what Mother would say!"

Ava all but smacked Kleo's hand away, "Let's not get grabby with guns, please." Her tone was very stern for a moment until she turned back to smile at Cleo, "Cleo, can you please take the rifle your sister is offering?- I'll consider it a personal favor if you can do that for me." The little blonde fluttered her lashes at the dog woman.

Kleo muttered something about the weapon not being loaded yet, grumbling to herself mainly as Cleo turned her glare to Ava. "But... I never get to use these... The Captain said I could use whatever I wanted to use..."

"What if I threw in some more peanut butter and I'll rub your belly while you eat it?" Ava offered, hoping that Cleo's dog-like tendencies would get the better of her.
Cleo went to say something but a gear slipped in her brain as she processed what Ava had just said. Before Ava could say anything else, the Brunette dog thrust the SMG into her sister's chest and grabbed the rifle. "My rifle..."

Ava rubbed between Cleo's ears for a couple of seconds, before letting her arm fall back down to her side. Even after that Ava hung around the twins, standing perhaps a little close to the two of them.
Jabonicus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jabonicus »

Of all the gear that Jill kept about her for her work, weapons were not among them, and she assumed it would be absolutely obvious as to why. A more lithe woman lacking arms didn't exactly have the ability to properly defend herself in a fight, so she left that duty to those more physically capable, after all, all she needed was people who could understand her thought process and do what she needed them to do. She could pull apart and manufacture how things worked and what needed to be done for various effects in her head alone, but that hardly meant a thing when the people she worked with could not understand where she was coming from, so she typically had a 'hand' along, someone she knew could follow her instructions quite well, and do them to her exact specifications. It also helped for said hand to be able to help her with things such as clothing and other personal matters, but that was hardly relevant to the point at hand.

Around her were various people of various species, Vekimen, dog people, other humans, all of various statures and appearances, boasting different capabilities. While she had no ill will against ones such as the Vekimen, she kept her distance, and she kept her mouth shut. They were to work together of course, as everyone on the team was, but she wasn't someone who could afford to piss off a plant lizard.... Thing with enough teeth to put her in a wheelchair as well. With her hand assisting in getting her properly dressed, she took the time to glance over the gang of misfits that she would be accompanying to a Tomb, a place she never expected she'd go for work. Her clothes were quite simple, a gray jumpsuit with black marks and dashes with some triangular, white and blue insignia on the front right breast of the suit, three foreign letters below it. Though her normal clothing was simply tied off and leaving the excess hanging on her arms, this suit seemed to be more custom fit for her, while it was a size or two baggy on her, the arms seemed to have been stitched just a few inches past her stumps.

"A few questions." Jill actually spoke up as adjusted while her hand shifted a harness onto her. The harness had a low center of gravity as it attached to her, and it had a few devices on it, particular a strong flashlight attached to a thin, robotic arm that came from its connection on her back. It moved independent of her, as if it had its own methods, and her hand began to softly speak to it, causing it to shift and adjust accordingly. "Which civilization does this tomb belong to, and is there any relevant information about them that we should know?" She paused, looking to the deactivated light that seemed to be in the middle of metallic talons. "Particular if they're known for using many traps in their tombs, or if the valuables they place there are rigged to be destroyed if moved incorrectly." Though rare, it wasn't unheard of, civilizations who made similar tombs that held higher level of technology were sometimes found to place valuables in containers that would break or destroy what was contained within, if they were not opened correctly.
Not a fan of combat oriented RP.