In order to process an art claim, the Shattered Universe Media Group (hereafter referred to as SUMG) needs certain amounts of information in order to actually process payment on your behalf. Please understand that SUMG is frugal with the money of our donators and patrons, and we feel a responsibility to ensure that the artists we interact with are not only trustworthy but also produce quality work on time.
To this end, we hold the following rules for commission requests outside of the community artists;
1. The artist must provide a sketch prior to payment.
- This is to prevent unnecessary miscommunications, complications, and minimize stress on the artist, while protecting our members’ funds from fraud.
- We recommend that if an artist is uncertain of you, to suggest that they provide a watermark on the sketch that is not easily removed.
- This includes a PayPal account, along with contact information (DeviantArt name, or e-mail; however you contact the artist.) Please CC firstname.lastname@example.org with your communications to the artist and contact us promptly if dissatisfied.
- This can be a rough timetable, and we don’t want to rush the artist. Rather, we wish to have a realistic expectation on the delivery of the artwork.
- Please also inform us of delays.
SUMG will contact you with an approval or a denial within 3 business days, and afterwards will provide payment via PayPal within 1 business day of receiving confirmation that the user has received a sketch.A user who wishes to utilize website funds should submit the following information to email@example.com :
Forum Username: [Your Username Here]
Type of Art: [Character, Landscape, Equipment, Scene]
Have you donated within the last 30 days? [Y/N]
What plot is this artwork for?
Artist: [Artist Name Here]
Contact information, including e-mail, paypal, etc.
Cost: [cost to the website]
Timetable: [For a sketch; Fast/Average/Slower/Eventually]
Fast: 1-3 days.
Average: 3-8 days.
Slower: 8-15 days.
Eventually: 15+ days.
Exemptions, Exceptions, Misc. Warnings
- It is the responsibility of the user to ascertain artist information and provide it accurately.
- If the user pre-pays the artist, and there is an issue, we cannot reimburse you; we will reimburse in retrospect, otherwise, via the same form.
- We may retain the right to refuse a request for funding.
- If the SUMG funds are inadequate for whatever reason after they are committed (art commissions out of order, or unexpected expenses, for instance), the difference will be paid privately by staff member Gallant Fox; SUMG will never default on committed commissions.
- Deliberate fraud, negligence, or
- Preference will always be given to donators over non-donators in terms of whose commission requests are approved if there is any question as to whose to purchase first. This is only fair.